Status
Not open for further replies.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was leaked last night but removed because not finalised pending one more decision, being there is a game at Mooroopna week 1 and they want to confirm that will be under lights.

Only other thing I remember with certainty was the prelim and GF were at Deakin but no surprises there.

Why the hell are they considering a night final? The sun is in the sky for a reason.Ridiculous.

HardBallgets02

Debutant
Mar 18, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
808b1afbb47e44ea7e0fbaeb140f5498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he did he would only be a one point player I believe.
Soft tissue injuries might not cease even if he was playing at a lower standard and constant calf injuries are a sign the body is struggling. He would probably find a place in the AFL industry one would think ... What do you reckon ringo?

Last edited:

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Soft tissue injuries might not cease even if he was playing at a lower standard and constant calf injuries are a sign the body is struggling. He would probably find a place in the AFL injury one would think ... What do you reckon ringo?
Mate he will get a coaching gig! To respected not to! Personally can’t see him at Ky unless like a McGlynn he plays the odd game around commitments

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate he will get a coaching gig! To respected not to! Personally can’t see him at Ky unless like a McGlynn he plays the odd game around commitments
Yes mate totally agree. I meant 'AFL industry' as you interpreted rather than 'AFL injury' as per original post.

jon dough

Team Captain
May 28, 2007
windsor
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair points but I don't think we can start having GF's at the ground of the club that finished top.

I agree but let’s be honest, the rewards for finishing top and having a great season in the gv are probably the worst in any league across country vic under the current finals system and to top it off you get through to the grand final and play a team on their home deck who just happened to get a tune up in the prelim the week before. Not to mention getting to train there and be in their home rooms despite being the lower ranked team in the GF.
Despite all of this I can only imagine the uproar if Ky were to be awarded a home final in week 1 of the finals, now that would be just unfair.
The Shepparton bias on the gv board is embarrassing. I would much prefer the granny at mooroopna.

Last edited:

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree but let’s be honest, the rewards for finishing top and having a great season in the gv are probably the worst in any league across country vic under the current finals system and to top it off you get through to the grand final and play a team on their home deck who just happened to get a tune up in the prelim the week before. Not to mention getting to train there and be in their home rooms despite being the lower ranked team in the GF.
Despite all of this I can only imagine the uproar if Ky were to be awarded a home final in week 1 of the finals, now that would be just unfair.
The Shepparton bias on the gv board is embarrassing. I would much prefer the granny at mooroopna.
I totally agree with all the points above. Deakin Reserve needs a serious update. The ground and facilities are IMO outdated. Poor viewing and generally games are marred by a blustery wind. The presentations from the Grandstand are also in need of review.

Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats
Very good assessment
A ky vs Echuca grand final final will put paid to any home ground advantage
Echuca May well have 3 footy teams in ?
Hey doughy what’s the extend of jordy Williams injury ?

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Mooroopna , Tatura , Kyabram all better than deakin

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It sounds like the AFL/MCG argument Jon.
Imagine what you might say if Kyabram were struggling ...

jon dough

Team Captain
May 28, 2007
windsor
AFL Club
Essendon
It sounds like the AFL/MCG argument Jon.
Imagine what you might say if Kyabram were struggling ...

It’s actually got nothing to do with Ky, I’ve been saying it for years. I can kind of understand the grand final being there although I think the league needs a change but I have never understood the need to play the prelim there as well. It makes no sense and is a dis advantage to the team who qualifies first for the gf.
Interested to hear how you think it is fair and reasonable to all clubs in the league to play both finals there??

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s actually got nothing to do with Ky, I’ve been saying it for years. I can kind of understand the grand final being there although I think the league needs a change but I have never understood the need to play the prelim there as well. It makes no sense and is a dis advantage to the team who qualifies first for the gf.
Interested to hear how you think it is fair and reasonable to all clubs in the league to play both finals there??
Sorry Jon given you were referencing Kyabram last year and the inequality for finishing highest on the ladder and referencing Shepparton getting a Prelim there before beating Ky in the GF as well as having the luxury of training on Deakin I assumed you were talking about Kyabram. My apologies.

I imagine the league views Deakin as some sort of symbolic centre piece or home of the league. Not privy to revenue streams in relation to the GF at Deakin or if that is a factor but I am certain tradition plays a role in the GF being scheduled at Deakin each year. I am fond of tradition. I am however ambivalent about the Preliminary final and where it is played. It could easily be rotated as per other finals. League delegates need to be more proactive if they want change.

Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats
Get to Mansfield Jon
Paulo has kicked 3 in the scoobies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back