Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate all I will say they are going after some top end VFL talent.
Be great for them and the GV if they can land a few. Comp needs an injection of stars and increased Competition for Kyabram. Ringo you knowledge of the VFL is strong how have the boys that went from Shepparton to the Geelong VFL Team faired? Have they been regulars in the line up?

Be great for them and the GV if they can land a few. Comp needs an injection of stars and increased Competition for Kyabram. Ringo you knowledge of the VFL is strong how have the boys that went from Shepparton to the Geelong VFL Team faired? Have they been regulars in the line up?

We played Geelong on the weekend and neither Smith or Rhokar? Geelong had a really strong team on the weekend. I believe they have been very solid when they have played. I reckon they have both played 1/2 dozen games but I could be wrong! Its a pretty tough caper VFL footy. Fothergill could win the medal this year and he can't get a look in at Willy unfortunately.

We played Geelong on the weekend and neither Smith or Rhokar? Geelong had a really strong team on the weekend. I believe they have been very solid when they have played. I reckon they have both played 1/2 dozen games but I could be wrong! Its a pretty tough caper VFL footy. Fothergill could win the medal this year and he can't get a look in at Willy unfortunately.
Mattingly a big chance to land medal
Would VFL teams be looking his way ?

Probably need 2-4 really top line players IMO. Have a lot of b graders and not enough a graders.
Agree Johnno. The team that played United last week would run out at 28 points in Round 1 2020. Of their recruits over the past 2-3 years Bartels, Wren. J McEwen get ticks I reckon. Russell okay this year and only 2 points next year. To fit in say three 5-6 pointers from VFL they would need to discard Free, Miller and Hill which would save a further 7 points. At 21 points It's manageable with Stroobants as a 1 pointer. They would need to target the Williams boys and Ben Mcphee as further 1 point players.

Has the Kurt Tippett rumour kicked off again yet?

Agree Johnno. The team that played United last week would run out at 28 points in Round 1 2020. Of their recruits over the past 2-3 years Bartels, Wren. J McEwen get ticks I reckon. Russell okay this year and only 2 points next year. To fit in say three 5-6 pointers from VFL they would need to discard Free, Miller and Hill which would save a further 7 points. At 21 points It's manageable with Stroobants as a 1 pointer. They would need to target the Williams boys and Ben Mcphee as further 1 point players.

Yep...playing at Sandhurst

Would Bartels stay if Miller gets the arse.

Bartels have really shown something the last few weeks.

Agree on the Eaglehawk three

Would Bartels stay if Miller gets the arse.

Bartels have really shown something the last few weeks.

Agree on the Eaglehawk three

Miller will be a 1 point player next year and is worth persisting with. Has had injury troubles this year and last year. When fit adds abit of class on the outside that Rochy don’t have too much of .

Miller will be a 1 point player next year and is worth persisting with. Has had injury troubles this year and last year. When fit adds abit of class on the outside that Rochy don’t have too much of .

I’d be keeping Miller. He is still a young developing player, a quality person and has royal Rochy bloodlines. He will be a top level GV player if he can get his body right.

Good win by Tat today and are virtually assured of finals action. The real story could be the re-emergence of Shepparton as a contender. Rumours are that Jordan Williams has seriously injured his achilles and will not play again this year. if true they are big outs for Ky. Echuca accounted for Swans easily today. I feel for the Swans as I just dont know how they can climb the ladder in the near future.

Havnt been on here a lot lately.

From an outsider can understand the view of it being hard work for us(swans) to climb up again.
Despite being beaten pretty easily the other day I was happy we didn’t just lay down at half time and accept what could have been a 150+ point loss the way was going.
Was a tough day. Echuca were fantastic. Young Byrne is a star and the ruckman (excuse me not knowing the name) I thought was really good.
We got beaten badly and piled up some injuries also which hurts when we need everyone on board. But in no way the end of the world.

Was fantastic gesture from Echuca footy club to come into our rooms and speak after the game and offer a slab to the players. Much appreciated. Something Kyabram did last year too from memory.

However. I stated here mid last year my confidence that we would improve this year. And I think I can say that’s been justified and we have improved a lot. Drawing with Seymour, beating Euroa, losing to Benalla by 15 and tat by 10 as well as being right in the mix in other games has been encouraging. Not forgetting our reserves being on the verge of finals also.
I’ll say now with confidence that we will improve yet again next year. It’s a good feel around the club at the moment and one that is going to get better and better.

Also let’s not forget it was only two years ago late 2017 we beat Echuca things can improve and change quickly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outsider can understand the view of it being hard work for us(swans) to climb up again.
Despite being beaten pretty easily the other day I was happy we didn’t just lay down at half time and accept what could have been a 150+ point loss the way was going.
Was a tough day. Echuca were fantastic. Young Byrne is a star and the ruckman (excuse me not knowing the name) I thought was really good.
We got beaten badly and piled up some injuries also which hurts when we need everyone on board. But in no way the end of the world.

Was fantastic gesture from Echuca footy club to come into our rooms and speak after the game and offer a slab to the players. Much appreciated. Something Kyabram did last year too from memory.

However. I stated here mid last year my confidence that we would improve this year. And I think I can say that’s been justified and we have improved a lot. Drawing with Seymour, beating Euroa, losing to Benalla by 15 and tat by 10 as well as being right in the mix in other games has been encouraging. Not forgetting our reserves being on the verge of finals also.
I’ll say now with confidence that we will improve yet again next year. It’s a good feel around the club at the moment and one that is going to get better and better.

Also let’s not forget it was only two years ago late 2017 we beat Echuca things can improve and change quickly

Talk of Squires going back to the Swans which would be a great scoop for starters for the Swans. I'm sure Kaiden Antonowicz will be a key target in their recruiting as well. I think the Swans will make some decent steps forward next year some good stability with Hawke remaining in the role.

Mate I hope the Swans do rise but I stated at the start of the year that the same teams that have finished bottom 3 the last 2 years would again this year. Unsurprisingly it happened. The Points system is a deadset disgrace! The rebuild for clubs in the bottom will take years IMO! Then, if a Deledio type walks back into the comp he is regarded as a 1 point player. Country football is withering on the vine due to this system and it needs to be scrapped immediately.

Mate I hope the Swans do rise but I stated at the start of the year that the same teams that have finished bottom 3 the last 2 years would again this year. Unsurprisingly it happened. The Points system is a deadset disgrace! The rebuild for clubs in the bottom will take years IMO! Then, if a Deledio type walks back into the comp he is regarded as a 1 point player. Country football is withering on the vine due to this system and it needs to be scrapped immediately.

Yep. No arguments here. Not a fan of the points system at all. I’m bemused that the powers that be can actually sit down and come up with a positive conclusion for it.

I think he will be 2 points Johnno but don't disagree with keeping both he and Bartels. Reality is we could include three 5 point players and keep all the current group if that is what Stroobants wants. That is assuming ringo is correct on Rochy chasing VFL players. He is normally correct on this stuff. Stroobants plus three A graders would put Rochy in the mix with Kyabram and Echuca.

Shepparton managed a rebuild from low down to win last year’s premiership. So it can be done. And it should be done how they did it, build a culture, not buy in half a team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shepparton managed a rebuild from low down to win last year’s premiership. So it can be done. And it should be done how they did it, build a culture, not buy in half a team.

Sorry Bootz but I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Since the inception of the Points system Shepparton have finished;
2016-4th
2017-2nd
2018-Premiers
Their rebuild started before the Points system and even when they finished 9th in 2015 they won 6 games.

I reckon Wong, Davies and Stretton at least, might have arrived on some decent cash incentives bootz.

Top 3
Kyabram
Rochy
Benalla

Bottom 3
Tatura
United
Mooroopna

Top 3
Kyabram
Shepparton
Seymour

United
Mooroopna
Swans

Top 3
Kyabram
Shepparton
Benalla

United
Mooroopna
Swans

Kyabram
Echuca
Shepparton

United
Mooroopna
Swans

The most concerning part of this for mine is that both Kyabram Shepparton have been top 3-4 every year with one club coming into the top 3 each year. The following year that team generally falls back. The bottom 3 as mentioned on here have been the same for the past 3 seasons with Mooroopna and United languishing there for 4 seasons. Now if that is not telling a story I don't know what is.

They had 3 blokes who were under their normal point value due to unusual circumstances, not a criticsm of Shepp good on them for exploiting an opportunity , but it must be considered when suggesting their rise with the salary cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back