Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pants well and truely on mate, love all the rumours at this time of year.
Seymour were really good for a quarter and a bit against Ky yesterday. Their pressure and pace around the the footy was really good. They couldn’t sustain it though when kys intensity lifted after quarter time. They lack another key target down forward and a quality ruckman. Ky rucked with cooper Vick out of the thirds who would be 6.1 at best, Seymour should have been able to expose that but they couldn’t.
Rochy seem to be on a roll, they will get Marrone back this week and I can see them getting over Seymour.

2ad793b12fa097747eb3783fb38e01b4.jpg

Has there ever been a season in the GV where the side that finishes 4th wins just over 50% of its game let alone the side that finished 5th have such a poor %

Pants well and truely on mate, love all the rumours at this time of year.
Seymour were really good for a quarter and a bit against Ky yesterday. Their pressure and pace around the the footy was really good. They couldn’t sustain it though when kys intensity lifted after quarter time. They lack another key target down forward and a quality ruckman. Ky rucked with cooper Vick out of the thirds who would be 6.1 at best, Seymour should have been able to expose that but they couldn’t.
Rochy seem to be on a roll, they will get Marrone back this week and I can see them getting over Seymour.
You forget to add that the umpires were poor some baffling decisions
Both sides benefited
There was a off the ground bump that didn't even raise a 50m let alone s yellow card
Seymour went too defensive after half time and wouldn't man up in the midfield
Good luck Echuca if you choose to let weardon mattingly Hayes etc run free all game
So Jon who is coaching Kyabram next year ??

You forget to add that the umpires were poor some baffling decisions
Both sides benefited
There was a off the ground bump that didn't even raise a 50m let alone s yellow card
Seymour went too defensive after half time and wouldn't man up in the midfield
Good luck Echuca if you choose to let weardon mattingly Hayes etc run free all game
So Jon who is coaching Kyabram next year ??

Have heard the club will announce it in the next week or two. I won’t spoil their news. It
is an internal appointment though.

First time in 5 years since the Bottom team has won 3 games in a season (Mansfield in 2014)

First time in 6 years since 6th and 7th spot has finish on the same point at the end of the season(Swans and Seymour in 2013)

First time in 5 years since the Bottom team has won 3 games in a season (Mansfield in 2014)

First time in 6 years since 6th and 7th spot has finish on the same point at the end of the season(Swans and Seymour in 2013)

3 wins plus a draw. Those two points mean a lot to us swannies haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha... I am not going back to find the last time a bottom team is 3 wins and draw(if there is any...Went back to 2007 and gave up)

I do think the Swannies was the most improved team this year
Hey oz did you watch that 1998 GF between Tatura and Rochy on the website? How good was Steve Ryan that day... Did he kick 9 or 10 goals? I would watch but it is depressing! 😠

Ta
Great Footy contest between Shepparton and Tatura spoiled by bad umpire calls on both sides

Close game of footy all day.
talking to a mate who watched the game yesterday and said that Tat weren’t far off
They were able to expose shepp at times with runners like fothergill civerella Cooper and the like and Ryan kicking another 4
will be an interesting match up next week would not be surprised if there was an upset
I think the mighty bombers get Echuca they haven’t had many problems with them to date and will win comfortably
( anyone give Echuca a chance )
Rochy on a roll will get Seymour I think
Great time of year
Mick mattingly to win the Morrison
Where are all the games to be played

Ta

talking to a mate who watched the game yesterday and said that Tat weren’t far off
They were able to expose shepp at times with runners like fothergill civerella Cooper and the like and Ryan kicking another 4
will be an interesting match up next week would not be surprised if there was an upset
I think the mighty bombers get Echuca they haven’t had many problems with them to date and will win comfortably
Great time of year

Here next week fixture 733719

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the worst game of GV football I’ve seen yesterday . I’m not going to hold back here but the Shep United game Plan was the worst I have seen. Chipping backwards and sideways all day until turning it over and being exposed on transition. No wonder they have no one at their games. It was not worthy of GV football and in all seriousness if they continue with that they will languish on the bottom rungs for years. Hope the new
Coach changes it up. Echuca will need to find a lot of improvement imo. They really need to find a way to give first options instead of taking on 3-4 players at a time. I hate to say this but I have a feeling that unless they correct it they won’t make the big dance .

Watched the worst game of GV football I’ve seen yesterday . I’m not going to hold back here but the Shep United game Plan was the worst I have seen. Chipping backwards and sideways all day until turning it over and being exposed on transition. No wonder they have no one at their games. It was not worthy of GV football and in all seriousness if they continue with that they will languish on the bottom rungs for years. Hope the new
Coach changes it up. Echuca will need to find a lot of improvement imo. They really need to find a way to give first options instead of taking on 3-4 players at a time. I hate to say this but I have a feeling that unless they correct it they won’t make the big dance .
Interesting comments mate. I think Passenger said exactly the same thing about United's game plan (he was slightly more gentle) after the United v Rochy game.

Ta

Great time of year
Shepp had about five out but it’s a final next week! New season!

So where is United’s improvement coming from
What do they need
A game plan where they actually move the ball forward and play with some excitement. What I witnessed yesterday was a blight in the game. Boring and useless brand of football. They need to have the defensive shackles released for a start. Supporters deserve better than what was dished up on the weekend.

Last edited:
Bailey Bell from struggling to get a game at ky to runner up in the Murray league medal
Shows the difference between leagues

You’re a bit tough on young Bailey Bomber. I think he would have played every game in any other GV club last year, so it’s not an example of the difference between the leagues, but a difference between a GV team who hadn’t lost a game in 2 years and the rest of the competition. To actually play in that team and have an impact was a credit to him before he was injured. Then he had a cruise he had already booked prior to the season.
Look at last year’s Kyabram Reserves who left because they found it hard to get a game despite playing real good footy. Many are playing top quality footy at other clubs, yes in lower comps, but I bet most of them would get a game in other GV clubs. A credit also to those who stayed and having a fantastic year in their seniors after not much opportunity, like Josh Dillon and the Cade Mueller.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’re a bit tough on young Bailey Bomber. I think he would have played every game in any other GV club last year, so it’s not an example of the difference between the leagues, but a difference between a GV team who hadn’t lost a game in 2 years and the rest of the competition. To actually play in that team and have an impact was a credit to him before he was injured. Then he had a cruise he had already booked prior to the season.
Look at last year’s Kyabram Reserves who left because they found it hard to get a game despite playing real good footy. Many are playing top quality footy at other clubs, yes in lower comps, but I bet most of them would get a game in other GV clubs. A credit also to those who stayed and having a fantastic year in their seniors after not much opportunity, like Josh Dillon and the Cade Mueller.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Will one or both stay in ?
I hope they do
Petts
Sam
Nozz
Reeves
Ironside
Crowe
To come back in or considered

Status
Not open for further replies.