Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorpedoPunt1

Debutant
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mooroopna kicking off Pre season nice and early under new coach John Lamont last night. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the bush. Unfortunately it looks like he won’t have much to work with, with majority if not all of last years melb based players opting not to travel back again.

On the other hand, Shepp still haven’t announced a coach and players are walking out the door. O’Sullivan, J. Brett, Duguid, Thorsen, Holland, Bell, Ingham leaves a fair hole with potentially more to come.

Doc Larkins

All Australian
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Mooroopna kicking off Pre season nice and early under new coach John Lamont last night. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the bush. Unfortunately it looks like he won’t have much to work with, with majority if not all of last years melb based players opting not to travel back again.

On the other hand, Shepp still haven’t announced a coach and players are walking out the door. O’Sullivan, J. Brett, Duguid, Thorsen, Holland, Bell, Ingham leaves a fair hole with potentially more to come.
That is an early start did they get decent numbers? Im sure they can find a few to bolster the list up a bit.

Wingard

Rookie
Jun 9, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Many pundits touting the Bears to drop away considerably

Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FNC, Ouyen Kangas FNC
Did they lose the big ruckman from Alexandra?
Brereton I think his name was. Went ok

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ruckman in question who was a terrific player is from my understanding returning to Alexandra in 2020 although that hasn’t been confirmed - wait for the clearances first!

Grasscutter99

Senior List
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The ruckman in question who was a terrific player is from my understanding returning to Alexandra in 2020 although that hasn’t been confirmed - wait for the clearances first!

That’s disappointing for them. They would have made a handy combo. Have heard Mcfarlane may make a return and they have just announced Dan Garside has signed

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only 5 players remaining from their 2018 premiership side so I’m told
Sounds like more than 'considerably' Swoop! What has gone awry with the club for them to spiral so rapidly after the 2018 triumph? Was it the former coaches alleged indiscretions or maybe finance? Observing from afar it is intriguing. And unfortunate.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sounds like more than 'considerably' Swoop! What has gone awry with the club for them to spiral so rapidly after the 2018 triumph? Was it the former coaches alleged indiscretions or maybe finance? Observing from afar it is intriguing. And unfortunate.

May of been the start of the rot mate but to not have a coach at this stage is also a disaster. looks like the shepp teams could be holding the ladder up at this rate.Hearing a few from United have departed as well..

ark n go

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
May of been the start of the rot mate but to not have a coach at this stage is also a disaster. looks like the shepp teams could be holding the ladder up at this rate.Hearing a few from United have departed as well..

Haven’t Yze and Ahmet been appointed?

TorpedoPunt1

Debutant
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven’t Yze and Ahmet been appointed?
Hearing it may have fallen through. Along with Mick Tout. Getting late now, a lot of clubs starting Pre season over the coming weeks. Have to feel for a coach coming in at this stage and trying to get things organised.

Ringo who have United lost? I heard they were recruiting quiet well on top of this years bushies boys sticking around and the return of Clarke (ACL) and Hicks (Broken leg).

Onlooker1

Cancelled
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Hearing it may have fallen through. Along with Mick Tout. Getting late now, a lot of clubs starting Pre season over the coming weeks. Have to feel for a coach coming in at this stage and trying to get things organised.

Ringo who have United lost? I heard they were recruiting quiet well on top of this years bushies boys sticking around and the return of Clarke (ACL) and Hicks (Broken leg).

United is an interesting one at the moment. I can’t see them dropping off at all. But I don’t think they will improve out of sight either.
They’ve lost a few but the incoming players outweigh them I’d think. That’s both from recruits and players like Clarke, Hicks etc.

The big ? For them is players playing VFL footy
Hicks, Chalcraft (If not drafted) Barzen, Fiore and cuccionotta (might not even be at United yet) all have VFL aspirations so if they were successful in that it would leave United worse off naturally.
I think they will improve slightly

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
United is an interesting one at the moment. I can’t see them dropping off at all. But I don’t think they will improve out of sight either.
They’ve lost a few but the incoming players outweigh them I’d think. That’s both from recruits and players like Clarke, Hicks etc.

The big ? For them is players playing VFL footy
Hicks, Chalcraft (If not drafted) Barzen, Fiore and cuccionotta (might not even be at United yet) all have VFL aspirations so if they were successful in that it would leave United worse off naturally.
I think they will improve slightly

VFL list numbers have been cut considerably so it’s really tough now to get on one. If the above boys don’t and play for United they will
Improve if not bottom 3-4 for mine .

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
Does anyone here know who's going to field and Under 16's team for the GVFL for 2020?

I know Benalla & Mansfield weren't keen to do it, but what about the rest of the clubs?, will Euroa & Seymour join up, leaving the Seymour DJFL Under 16's in tatters?, or will it be just the Division One of the Shepparton DJFL with Rochester & Tatura? (which would be Echuca, Kyabram, Mooroopna, Rochester, Shepparton, Shepparton Swans, Shepparton United & Tatura).

I know it's still early days, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes, and how the league will try to schedule the Under 16's around the rest of the league (friday night games perhaps?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back