Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What issues did he have, before playing in the o&m , aside from suspensions ?
He is a wanderer Roar. Changes clubs like we change clothes. Have noticed there are always 'denials' from clubs to his initial clearance applications. Big issues at Corowa obviously. Kept an eye on him as he played a single game for Rochy under the Simon McCarty regime.

Haha gadget type operator....

Playing one 38 year old, makes one young kid miss out, yes. But it’s a different story when they are 38, still averaging over 90 goals a year, helping develop the young kids already on the park and still being one of Kyabram better players. To not play him while available would be quite ridiculous.

Like someone mentioned earlier, you don’t get given games in the gvfl, especially in Kyabram’s side, you have to earn them.

I stand by my opinion, doesn’t matter what age, 38 years old or 15 years old, if they are in the best 21, they play.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too right Specimen. Even in the AFL I think they discriminate on age way too much. The game is on ability and what you are currently bringing to your team- not hypothesising what you may bring.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Isnt he from the riverina, i think he played there a bit, what did he do broken hill?

He is a wanderer Roar. Changes clubs like we change clothes. Have noticed there are always 'denials' from clubs to his initial clearance applications. Big issues at Corowa obviously. Kept an eye on him as he played a single game for Rochy under the Simon McCarty regime.

Lawton’s father was an absolute star and tough as nails - his reputation in the Riverina is unrivalled. As Ringo said he comes from the famous and very successful GGGM - what a great footy club.

Lawton is a bit of a nomad and certainly hasn’t kept any promises to clubs such as Corowa and Mansfield. I did hear he was thinking of returning to GGGM but they aren’t so keen on having him back as he doesn’t fit into the strong inclusive culture of the club. He did “burn” some people there when he left to go to Corowa.

Unfortunately I think it’s a little more than football. Heard whispers and googles his name and all was confirmed. Not really footy related topic sorry

Unfortunately ice is an insidious drug within our community. Footballers are no different to others when the drug drives behaviours that impact innocents and fall foul of the law.It would appear that Lawton, based upon published news reports, has currently become one of those many victims. Sad to see.

Unfortunately ice is an insidious drug within our community. Footballers are no different to others when the drug drives behaviours that impact innocents and fall foul of the law.It would appear that Lawton, based upon published news reports, has currently become one of those many victims. Sad to see.

Well said Tongue. Unfortunately it is tearing clubs to bits as well as the local communities as we know. Taken for a second time will see the chances of addiction rise to 90%. The real worry for me is the rumours of players taking it prior or during games. Not only does it put the user at risk but also opposition players.

Well said Tongue. Unfortunately it is tearing clubs to bits as well as the local communities as we know. Taken for a second time will see the chances of addiction rise to 90%. The real worry for me is the rumours of players taking it prior or during games. Not only does it put the user at risk but also opposition players.

Agree Ringo, and I’ve heard the same rumours about pre or during games.

Would rather finish last than have a culture like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have thought and continue to think there could be massive benefit in random drug testing . Not for the purpose of banning / shaming but to assist those who are caught up in addition .

Have thought and continue to think there could be massive benefit in random drug testing . Not for the purpose of banning / shaming but to assist those who are caught up in addition .

Totally agree.
No bans just help

From what I understand. It’s bloody expensive to run tests but what cost is a life

Totally agree.
No bans just help

From what I understand. It’s bloody expensive to run tests but what cost is a life
IIRC urine testing , as many large business are undertaking , costs around $7 per test . The value this could add in savings lives / families and communities as well as the message it sends to parents considering whether or not to have their child commence or continue playing football would be significant . IMO .

On a brighter note it was good to see Lachie Ash on channel 7 last night in regard to his likely high selection in draft.Never seen the kid play but what a champion his old man Stephen was.His performance in 2000 for Shepp v United was one of the best individual performances Ive witnessed loaded with courage.Was constantly hammered outside the rules by some cowardly opponents yet stood strong and continually won the hard ball.Best of luck to him.

On a brighter note it was good to see Lachie Ash on channel 7 last night in regard to his likely high selection in draft.Never seen the kid play but what a champion his old man Stephen was.His performance in 2000 for Shepp v United was one of the best individual performances Ive witnessed loaded with courage.Was constantly hammered outside the rules by some cowardly opponents yet stood strong and continually won the hard ball.Best of luck to him.

Did Stephen ever have a crack at AFL ?

I ment players with most flags sorry, I think most for clubs is United or Kyabram!

Without checking I would guess Shepparton have won the most senior premierships. As for players, Seymour won three in a row, someone from your mob maybe? United?

Nope. Just perused the website and Shepparton won 6 flags in 7 years in the 60's so that answers the question. In contemporary times I doubt it is more than 3 flags. Could easily be wrong though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back