Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Ringo not my club and tried be involved in 2 clubs 2016/2017 ,Nunawading Football Club.Helped these guys about 6 games and just to hard a job to keep going from my club to their club.NFC have a huge history and not far off 100 years and still alive and actually won 3 games last year but" play this year is a huge risk as I hear they are still in debt".Of the games I went to I said guys I am here what would you like me to do.Timekeeper a couple of games and the rest scoreboard."Scoreboard" one day I did the 2's,scoreline FG 63.25 approx to Nuna Nil.A couple of other games in the 1's Nuna perhaps scored a goal and their home ground is a postage stamp.Go into their rooms and reminded of a cricket club looking at their notice board,registration fees "to play" all the guys that had not paid.I was lucky enough to be at the ground when their 2's broke a sequence of over 60 plus loosing games for their senior sides and just being there and seeing the emotion by the players with the win,the 1's ran out of the rooms to celebrate with them,perhaps a wrong move as they were 10 goals to nil down at quarter time of their game later.As you guys might know there was a game between Nunawading FC and Ardmona FC to help to battling clubs which Nuna won easily but both clubs got much needed funds out of the exercise.
I see hope in that we now will have a perhaps 8 or 9 games plus finals if our leagues want to play.I really" worry about clubs that are in debt or not much money in the bank" and it would be better off in them taking the season off.

Fully agree with trying to get the juniors on the park and really understand what the senior guys are going through if they do not play but if life turns back to normal which we all hope ASAP and the juniors are out there and seniors are not lets get those senior players down to training and junior matches .
The juniors are the key Voice. I hope that junior footy gets up for 9 weeks or whatever length of season is decreed. We have all tired ourselves out talking about senior footy.

With the drop on Co-vid cases hopefully Roar's mob get going as well. Are the VAFA planning on playing? I imagine if the VFL are playing a part season the amateurs will jump on board.

And as we know, they all play for free. No problem in that regard.

Last edited:
The juniors are the key Voice. I hope that junior footy gets up for 9 weeks or whatever length of season is decreed. We have all tired ourselves out talking about senior footy.

With the drop on Co-vid cases hopefully Roar's mob get going as well. Are the VAFA planning on playing? I imagine if the VFL are playing a part season the amateurs will jump on board.

And as we know, they all play for free. No problem in that regard.

And when we talk about juniors if restrictions still around the job of a covid officer is going to be near impossible.All ready I hear at junior training a small minority of junior parents will not stay in their cars and join in a mothers club meeting.How and the hell can you enforce that in seniors.PS Can I ask question about Ardmona F C,where are they at this stage.

Last edited:
And when we talk about juniors if restrictions still around the job of a covid officer is going to be near impossible.All ready I hear at junior training a small minority of junior parents will not stay in their cars and join in a mothers club meeting.How and the hell can you enforce that in seniors.
Do they have any right to enforce anything and do any penalties or reporting of breach Policies apply ?

Heard a rumour that all VFL games to be played as double headers at Port Melbourne with no crowds.

VAFA aiming for a July 25 return
Heard the same rumour mate. However there is a push for Shepley Oval in Dandy to be used by Casey. I think we will have crowds back by then but that’s just imo.

Do they have any right to enforce anything and do any penalties or reporting of breach Policies apply ?
I don’t think they are there to enforce but to let people know what they should be doing and to keep records of who was there at any given time. In regards to parents standing around in groups and not taking notice on Covid officers it is just disrespectful to a person volunteering there time, doing a difficult job so the children of these parents can do something they love.

There was opinion regarding goldfields fly where the concerns in Bendigo have been with the uncompetitive nature of Maryborough and Maine for over a decade, ringo provided a mock league for gv and Bendigo and I provided comment.

You would think in the future that Kyneton, Gisborne, Bacchus Sunbury, Darley Melton's would leave Ballarat and Bendigo and join the Riddell league and that would become two tiered comp.

Then Bendigo would need 4 teams extra, and have been recent talks with echuca and rochy, I would think the southern cmfl teams would be keen too as they could retain players that live in Bendigo

What's the issue with the current League's in place Trent?

There was opinion regarding goldfields fly where the concerns in Bendigo have been with the uncompetitive nature of Maryborough and Maine for over a decade, ringo provided a mock league for gv and Bendigo and I provided comment.

You would think in the future that Kyneton, Gisborne, Bacchus Sunbury, Darley Melton's would leave Ballarat and Bendigo and join the Riddell league and that would become two tiered comp.

Then Bendigo would need 4 teams extra, and have been recent talks with echuca and rochy, I would think the southern cmfl teams would be keen too as they could retain players that live in Bendigo

Sorry but this would absolutely kill off teams like Woodend-Hesket even in a two tiered comp where would you see them going Trent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All AFL Barwon leagues have cancelled the season .

At this stage it really surprises me leagues are cancelling their season and I would thought haved waited to see what Andrews has to say with restrictions in the next 10 days.But if we play every thing has to be back to normal with no restrictions at all.As I have said in another post all ready I have heard a small number of people not doing as they are asked and not listening to the covid officer at junior training.

At this stage it really surprises me leagues are cancelling their season and I would thought haved waited to see what Andrews has to say with restrictions in the next 10 days.But if we play every thing has to be back to normal with no restrictions at all.As I have said in another post all ready I have heard a small number of people not doing as they are asked and not listening to the covid officer at junior training.

Dan doesn’t give a toss about country Victoria it’s not an election year only worried about the big end of town

Woodend town of approx 4000 people, should be no worries in either the higher or lower division, you would assume they start in div 2 and all the major leagues plus possibly rupo play div 1. Not much different to now

Sorry but this would absolutely kill off teams like Woodend-Hesket even in a two tiered comp where would you see them going Trent

If the Bendigo League was revamped, one of the strong clubs in Gisborne would be lost which would be disappointing. The bulldogs love playing in the competition as they like playing on good surfaces and have no intention of a change of scenery. The did receive an approach from the Ballarat FNL a few years ago and they rejected it. Whilst change is needed, it shouldn’t be at the loss of good clubs. Kyneton and Castlemaine are both in trouble and whilst Maryborough are now on the improve, some changes are needed as the Bendigo league is tiresome. Interesting to note there has been no discussion about K.Flat - they have been a basket case for many years too!

Geelong League making an announcement at 3pm today. Will be interesting to see which way they go.

Called off and a few more today.Perhaps we should be looking at who is playing.All these leagues calling off I hope they are trying to get their juniors on the park as I have said previously.

If the Bendigo League was revamped, one of the strong clubs in Gisborne would be lost which would be disappointing. The bulldogs love playing in the competition as they like playing on good surfaces and have no intention of a change of scenery. The did receive an approach from the Ballarat FNL a few years ago and they rejected it. Whilst change is needed, it shouldn’t be at the loss of good clubs. Kyneton and Castlemaine are both in trouble and whilst Maryborough are now on the improve, some changes are needed as the Bendigo league is tiresome. Interesting to note there has been no discussion about K.Flat - they have been a basket case for many years too!

Think Gisborne have to stay! Both YCW-Marong and Huntly- White Hills could work for the league in the future? Both significant growth areas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back