Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Matt and Robbie in charge of Fitness programs at the Western Bulldogs and Richmond respectively. Between them they have been involved in AFL Premierships in 2016, 2017 and 2019. Not a bad record. Also big Bad Barry Hall's first cousins
And let's not forget Matt played state cricket for both Vic and WA.. and was at one stage talked about for being in the mix for a test spot.
Played against Matt in jrs when he was at Broadford... didn't mind putting blokes on their arse.. trust me

James Brain would have a few jumpers wouldn’t he , seem to be a journey man.

Would love to know have many clubs all the boys have play at

I wonder where the Riverina FL sits now the border is closed. Would imagine quite a few players in the league live in Vic!

I hate to harp on about this but the way we are tracking I cannot see football in 2021, like what the hell is going to change. We are now into the 5th month of this and its actually become worse. Can hardly see it being eradicated by April next year at this rate.

Plus the backup from the brothers, Glen and Adam, and cousin John Tate. Adam Baker was one of the best footballers in the GV in the late 90s
I used to play cricket with John Tate. His younger brother David was a very good leggie at Essendon. Their father played Footy and Cricket for Essendon. I believe he was quite a successful coach up there.

I hate to harp on about this but the way we are tracking I cannot see football in 2021, like what the hell is going to change. We are now into the 5th month of this and its actually become worse. Can hardly see it being eradicated by April next year at this rate.
2 weeks since it was seemingly very evident there were issues in metro Melbourne and people travelling to country Vic for school holidays were going to spread it , Dan calls for metro Melbourne to be locked down in regional Vic Potentially opened up .
I hope I am wrong but I’d suggest it is highly likely the horse has bolted with Metro people visiting regional Vic have already spread it Into regional Vic.
Edit : an example of a politician who publicly raised 2 weeks ago .

2 weeks since it was seemingly very evident there were issues in metro Melbourne and people travelling to country Vic for school holidays were going to spread it , Dan calls for metro Melbourne to be locked down in regional Vic Potentially opened up .
I hope I am wrong but I’d suggest it is highly likely the horse has bolted with Metro people visiting regional Vic have already spread it Into regional Vic.
Edit : an example of a politician who publicly raised 2 weeks ago .
Not any more. 6 week lockdown imposed. No travel to country areas not even to isolate in your holiday house and no going leaving to go fishing in the country.

Not any more. 6 week lockdown imposed. No travel to country areas not even to isolate in your holiday house and no going leaving to go fishing in the country.
cliff that was my point it seems 2 weeks to late . Melbournians have flocked in mass to regional Vic over the past 2weeks .
Echuca was like southern 80 this past weekend .

I usually go up to Echua about this time of the year but didn't think it a good idea to travel with covid cases increasing at the moment.
It's hard to understand some of the things that go unconsidered. Last week NSW banned people from Victoria going there. But some knucklehead was able to buy a train ticket and the travel from Melbourne to Sydney on the train.
Although I must say there was plenty of encouragement to go to the country and spend some money to help out country businesses.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cliff that was my point it seems 2 weeks to late . Melbournians have flocked in mass to regional Vic over the past 2weeks .
Echuca was like southern 80 this past weekend .

If they are going to restrict Melbourne Metro people from regional Victoria (not sure how they are going to do it) perhaps they should have done it 2 months back and we could have got senior football going in regional Victoria.BUT begs the question would country clubs be OK without Melbourne based players.

If they are going to restrict Melbourne Metro people from regional Victoria (not sure how they are going to do it) perhaps they should have done it 2 months back and we could have got senior football going in regional Victoria.BUT begs the question would country clubs be OK without Melbourne based players.

Nope many clubs would be severely short of numbers if Melb based players could not travel

I think many have been asking the same questions for a while voice . Let’s put footy aside for a moment , it makes absolutely no sense why anyone wouldn’t lockdown high risk areas as soon as they become apparent. WA led the way dividing the state, with success . Trying to get people to adhere to lockdown a 2nd time is going to be more difficult .

I wonder where the Riverina FL sits now the border is closed. Would imagine quite a few players in the league live in Vic!

There will be no Victorian based players in the Riverina FL and Farrer FL competitions that are being conducted in 2020. Clubs have already been instructed on this from the AFL NSW/ACT.

A meeting tonight of the AFL Southern NSW Commission is being held to discuss/ finalise arrangements for the season to occur.

Interesting to note Coolamon FNC have expressed concerns in today's Daily Advertiser about the "arms race" to recruit Victorian based players for the shortened season. Some clubs (mainly in the Wagga area) were really advanced with this approach. That's all come crashing down now!

There will be no Victorian based players in the Riverina FL and Farrer FL competitions that are being conducted in 2020. Clubs have already been instructed on this from the AFL NSW/ACT.

A meeting tonight of the AFL Southern NSW Commission is being held to discuss/ finalise arrangements for the season to occur.

Interesting to note Coolamon FNC have expressed concerns in today's Daily Advertiser about the "arms race" to recruit Victorian based players for the shortened season. Some clubs (mainly in the Wagga area) were really advanced with this approach. That's all come crashing down now!

Ex Collingwood player Sam Murray was heading to Ganmain.

I agree with ringo, look how fast it spreads and Vic is so much different to all other states geographically and population density wise, it's going to be the toughest state to lockdown, you drive three hours here, your the other side of state in Vic

Footy occurring in many other states over the next couple weeks , provides some optimism that it can occur .

Nope many clubs would be severely short of numbers if Melb based players could not travel

Know where you are coming from but if we got a competition up going with the clubs that do not have to rely on Melbourne based players that would be better then no competition at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back