Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope...supporters of clubs can breach the social media policy of leagues without even members of that club
But that would only be a guideline surely Roota. If Oz were only a supporter the league has no power to tell him to get off BigFooty. My experience with social media in education is that unless a law is broken, unfortunately people can talk as much shite as they like! It would become a police matter not a league one.

But that would only be a guideline surely Roota. If Oz were only a supporter the league has no power to tell him to get off BigFooty. My experience with social media in education is that unless a law is broken, unfortunately people can talk as much shite as they like! It would become a police matter not a league one.

Unfortunately I am coming from a place of recent experiences old mate!

Junior players have been suspended previously for social media comments, not sure how Club members, especially committee members go regarding that. Interesting to know what happened to you Roota but you probably can’t comment - and that’s entirely understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nope...supporters of clubs can breach the social media policy of leagues without even members of that club
Unfortunately I am coming from a place of recent experiences old mate!
Had a bit to do with the forming of the now adopted AFL cyber safety policy . The policy was introduced to protect people from being personally attacked / bullied . My understanding is that law somewhat to this affect has now been introduced.
A person getting upon a anonymous website speaking their opinion is not a breach or cyber bullying . I know all to well how voicing your opinion upsets people but that is not illegal or bullying. The bullying is what generally follows. That doesn’t mean that someone might not say , hey we don’t like what you have written on website x, y or z and we’d prefer you eased up.

Junior players have been suspended previously for social media comments, not sure how Club members, especially committee members go regarding that. Interesting to know what happened to you Roota but you probably can’t comment - and that’s entirely understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
From memory that has followed a rather sustained personal attack on Facebook , not necessarily just voicing an opinion .

I initially doubted that it run anything like
North/south but a look upon google
Earth shows how far off east / west and close to north/ south it does actually run .
Cheers Roar. We could both be wrong but I had always thought north/South. Doesn't really matter beyond why is Deakin so bloody windy come finals time? Mooroopna must be equally windy.

As a matter of off-season interest, what other grounds run East/West? Rochy certainly runs North/South. As does Memorial Oval in Euroa. Footy is unwatchable on that Eastern side in September.

Cheers Roar. We could both be wrong but I had always thought north/South. Doesn't really matter beyond why is Deakin so bloody windy come finals time? Mooroopna must be equally windy.

As a matter of off-season interest, what other grounds run East/West? Rochy certainly runs North/South. As does Memorial Oval in Euroa. Footy is unwatchable on that Eastern side in September.
At a guess I’d say princess park and Seymour .

Ky Nth Sth
Echuca West - East
Tat. Nth Sth
Benalla. Nth Sth

Roughly those directions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most footy grounds run north-south as a general rule like tennis courts so sun is not a factor to the players
Yes I totally agree Trent. I would have thought cricket has a fair bit to do with it also. But then the mighty MCG also runs East/West with the pitch North/South creating those short straight boundaries.

Played cricket at Victoria Park Echuca several times and its the same thing. Guessing Deakin Oval and Princess Park pitches run across the ground also.

It still hasn't answered the question of wind come September at Deakin. It is horrible.

Can anyone give a bit of a rundown on James Sullivan from Tatura ( position, size etc )? I note he’s been cleared to my club ( Strathmore ), and has played at Tat for a long time, primarily in the seniors. Thanks.

Can anyone give a bit of a rundown on James Sullivan from Tatura ( position, size etc )? I note he’s been cleared to my club ( Strathmore ), and has played at Tat for a long time, primarily in the seniors. Thanks.
Go to the Goulburn Valley website and click on GVTV. You can watch all Tatura games from last year. That said Stax, some Tatura blokes on here should be able help you out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back