Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Have posted this before and I’ll Say it again “right” is all about “ I said it first” wothout any substance to put to a comment wouldn’t surprise me if name was Tom Browne absolutely flog. Sorry ban me all good have good day

Ps: why say something if can’t actually say it all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might be a ‘Blessing in Disguise ‘mate

Makes sense mate. His dad Peter grew up in the Bamawm part of Lockington-Bamawm. LBU will flog the rest of the HDFL next year. Multiple Collins, Bacons and McPhees all back there at zero points. Add Tom Holman and look out.
Might be under selling some of the other talent that is set to go round in the HDFL. LBU will prob start favs but it will be highly competitive. Surprised Tom would be going their at this stage of his Footy.

Makes sense mate. His dad Peter grew up in the Bamawm part of Lockington-Bamawm. LBU will flog the rest of the HDFL next year. Multiple Collins, Bacons and McPhees all back there at zero points. Add Tom Holman and look out.

Big loss for Ky, fantastic player and great bloke as well. A strange decision for someone his age but wish him all the best. Be interesting to see how Ky goes about replacing him.

Big loss for Ky, fantastic player and great bloke as well. A strange decision for someone his age but wish him all the best. Be interesting to see how Ky goes about replacing him.
I did see Ky had picked up Nick Denahy from Echuca United, who will be an interesting prospect. I imagine Echuca would be filthy about losing one of their talented juniors to Ky.... again.

There are not many opportunities to play with your family and be involved in something new. No doubt the McPhee and Holman families would be excited to see the next generation of families playing together for the first time. The Cats will bring new challenges and something different.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I did see Ky had picked up Nick Denahy from Echuca United, who will be an interesting prospect. I imagine Echuca would be filthy about losing one of their talented juniors to Ky.... again.

They are disappointed. Guess the lure of past success may have been an attraction. Be interesting how long Nick sticks around if/when that success dries up. 3 Clubs now for such a young man. Loyalty not one of his strong suits.

Good player in the Murray league, he will have to work very hard for a berth at Kyabram. Bailey Bell was a previous example of this and didn’t quiet cut the mustard. Good luck to him. Nice fella.

They are disappointed. Guess the lure of past success may have been an attraction. Be interesting how long Nick sticks around if/when that success dries up. 3 Clubs now for such a young man. Loyalty not one of his strong suits.

Good player in the Murray league, he will have to work very hard for a berth at Kyabram. Bailey Bell was a previous example of this and didn’t quiet cut the mustard. Good luck to him. Nice fella.

Envir

Another crack at a young echuca lad mate, here’s some advice for you and your club. Perhaps instead of potting young blokes on the way out you could focus on why these guys are leaving and create an environment that they want to stay or come back to.
I’ve heard the reasons that Nic chose Ky over echuca and to be honest they seem very familiar to the ones I have heard from guys that have come over from echuca in the past. You won’t see anybody from Ky potting Tommy Holman for leaving, as dissipointing as it is to lose one of your best players you have to be greatful for their service and wish them all the best whilst saying your welcome back at any time.
Clubs like rochy, Ky, tat and Benalla have always been able to attract former players back to their club, I wonder why?

I’ll remind you he was at Echuca United when he left for Ky. Not Echuca. Wasn’t a pot unless you agree with the three clubs thing. He originally left Echuca for lack of opportunity. Went to ECHUCA UNITED then for two years. If you look at Echuca’s Current list you will find that a lot of them 15 I think maybe more are from Echuca grand final side in 2019, have returned or travelling back to play. Echuca has a very local list, seniors and reserves. To say that’s not the case is crap and you don’t know what you are talking about. Do some research and not base it on others opinions.

Some people on here can’t handle the truth....obviously.

I’ll remind you he was at Echuca United when he left for Ky. Not Echuca. Wasn’t a pot unless you agree with the three clubs thing. He originally left Echuca for lack of opportunity. Went to ECHUCA UNITED then for two years. If you look at Echuca’s Current list you will find that a lot of them 15 I think maybe more are from Echuca grand final side in 2019, have returned or travelling back to play. Echuca has a very local list, seniors and reserves. To say that’s not the case is crap and you don’t know what you are talking about. Do some research and not base it on others opinions.

Some people on here can’t handle the truth....obviously.

Saying somebody lacks loyalty is not a pot?? Haha you are kidding yourself. Loyalty goes both ways mate, think you will find there is more to the story than lack of opportunity.
I’m not talking about 2019 I’m talking about sustaining it over an extended period of time, echuca seemed to have turned it around a little in the last couple of seasons but your not helping their cause.
My opinions are my own thanks mate.
Anyway you’ve had your airtime on here. Any news out there around other clubs, haven’t heard much about the Shepp sides or Benalla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure a young fella leaving to test himself at a higher level at the best team in the region is about loyalty? Left his junior club?? (Echuca) as mentioned for more senior opportunities at United; has now experienced that/developed and wants to give it a crack at that higher level now - sounds like a smart footy move to me.

Might be under selling some of the other talent that is set to go round in the HDFL. LBU will prob start favs but it will be highly competitive. Surprised Tom would be going their at this stage of his Footy.
I reckon they have added 5-6 top players from Eaglehawk, Rochy and now Kyabram since the end of 2019. Good players from top major league teams is always a key indicator. All 1 points apart from Holman.

I reckon they have added 5-6 top players from Eaglehawk, Rochy and now Kyabram since the end of 2019. Good players from top major league teams is always a key indicator. All 1 points apart from Holman.

The Mounts have added a couple of Square players to I believe- is Geary one of them? Will be a strong comp next season.

LBU have certainly added some quality. Not just talented players but great people too. Good clubs attract good people which then often transitions into success. LBU is a great club with many good people involved. They will certainly be one of the leading teams in 2021. The gulf between the top and bottom sides could be as wide as ever.

Another crack at a young echuca lad mate, here’s some advice for you and your club. Perhaps instead of potting young blokes on the way out you could focus on why these guys are leaving and create an environment that they want to stay or come back to.
I’ve heard the reasons that Nic chose Ky over echuca and to be honest they seem very familiar to the ones I have heard from guys that have come over from echuca in the past. You won’t see anybody from Ky potting Tommy Holman for leaving, as dissipointing as it is to lose one of your best players you have to be greatful for their service and wish them all the best whilst saying your welcome back at any time.
Clubs like rochy, Ky, tat and Benalla have always been able to attract former players back to their club, I wonder why?

Good clubs definitely have them return Jon. Seymour is another good example. Guys go away and play in Melbourne and at higher levels and always seem to come back. Says a lot for the environment of a club that they wish to return. Sometimes these fellows are also offered more money elsewhere and return just to be part of a good club that also is welcoming for their partners (which isn’t always the case). The Lions are consistently good in this space.

Good clubs definitely have them return Jon. Seymour is another good example. Guys go away and play in Melbourne and at higher levels and always seem to come back. Says a lot for the environment of a club that they wish to return. Sometimes these fellows are also offered more money elsewhere and return just to be part of a good club that also is welcoming for their partners (which isn’t always the case). The Lions are consistently good in this space.
Yep forgot to add Seymour mate, have been around the mix for a long time now without huge amounts of recruiting.

Im not sure a young fella leaving to test himself at a higher level at the best team in the region is about loyalty? Left his junior club?? (Echuca) as mentioned for more senior opportunities at United; has now experienced that/developed and wants to give it a crack at that higher level now - sounds like a smart footy move to me.

No arguments from me on that. Merely pointed out the same facts (Read my post). The question I have is that he has to test himself and train hard to get into a very very good team. I said the same. The loyalty part is that he’s played for 3 clubs by age 24-25 in the immediate area. It is a massive jump from Echuca United to Ky seniors....if he doesn’t play regularly with them does he Move to a 4th club? Good on him for having a crack....big challenge ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back