Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Mansfield were in to Shaun Mckernan prior to him being picked up by St Kilda. Would not be surprised to see him there when finished at the Saints. Both he and his partner love the slopes.
He lives in Greenvale and had been linked with them as well.
As a ruck/forward he'd have no shortage of suitors you'd imagine.

Less travel for one...you will have blokes who are part time footballers but full time workers during the week having to fly interstate regularly to play vs the WAFL and SANFL blokes playing in Adelaide or Perth each weekend
Yep, I know a couple of blokes that see the decision as being between a shift interstate or playing locally.
No ski slopes in Greenvale Jet!😎
Ha! Of course mate, I doubt any club would be overly keen on their prized recruit spending too much time on the slopes though.

Less travel for one...you will have blokes who are part time footballers but full time workers during the week having to fly interstate regularly to play vs the WAFL and SANFL blokes playing in Adelaide or Perth each weekend
I would have thought it would be pretty exciting as a young bloke to go up and play a few games in Qld and Sydney, also if your fair dinkum about wanting to be drafted preparation for travel and playing against more AFL list players would be high on my agenda

Would a better way of going forward and improving the comp would be for the AFL to say if you play in the aps school comp, you can't be drafted that year. Also only allow each club to only pick 1, 18 year old, as most drafted players are spat out of the system after 1 to 3 years, lift the tac cup to under 19s, where then most guys playing are working or going to uni in the regional centre and it allows them to concentrate on school and their home club, before they move away to play tac cup

IMO the area is too big to manage. Mildura should be aligned to SA and since the loss of any AFLVIC pesence their it is being seriously considered. Despite what many thought, Ray Byrne was a terrific manager and the Pioneers were generlly competitive under his reign, even playing off in a GF. He never interferred in football matters, supported his coaches and didn't play politics for his own benefit.The turnover of coaches is another issue with now 5 coaches in a seven year period. Stability in clubs is paramount and with the revolving door of coaches it doesn't allow for that. Generally, the concept of the NAB is flawed for country clubs without a boarding school set up.Having 17 year olds move to Bendigo, sometimes living by themselves doesn't help. There are many issues that the Pioneers need to sort out to become an elite organisation.

I would have thought it would be pretty exciting as a young bloke to go up and play a few games in Qld and Sydney, also if your fair dinkum about wanting to be drafted preparation for travel and playing against more AFL list players would be high on my agenda

i reckon it will force those who may be unsure to pull the pin or move.

I like the new concept of the NEVFL and no doubt most clubs will hopefully experience an interstate trip once.one issue will be the Covid situation in NSW. Hopefully it is under control shortly. How many clubs actually survive in the comp after 2021 is going to be interesting. I believe that it will be reduced to 19 teams past next year and an 18 round comp.
Only the 16 games next year which is two games short of what it should be. AFL reserve teams, Port Melbourne, Williamstown, Werribee and an aligned Sandringham look like long term participants.

I like the new concept of the NEVFL and no doubt most clubs will hopefully experience an interstate trip once.one issue will be the Covid situation in NSW. Hopefully it is under control shortly. How many clubs actually survive in the comp after 2021 is going to be interesting. I believe that it will be reduced to 19 teams past next year and an 18 round comp.
Only the 16 games next year which is two games short of what it should be. AFL reserve teams, Port Melbourne, Williamstown, Werribee and an aligned Sandringham look like long term participants.
I’d like to see AFL clubs have their own reserves and the VFL to be made up of the current non AFL aligned vfl clubs and 1 side from each of the premier country leagues . The team from each premier league comp literally being a weekly inter league side . Would be great for country footy .

I’d like to see AFL clubs have their own reserves and the VFL to be made up of the current non AFL aligned vfl clubs and 1 side from each of the premier country leagues . The team from each premier league comp literally being a weekly inter league side . Would be great for country footy .
I like it in theory but when Willy and Port Melb are actually better teams than many AFL reserves teams then they’d dominate the league. Traralgon and Bendigo ended up as disasters and North Ballarat self imploded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back