Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs can’t afford to run without crowds. Speaking to a President during the week who had worked out the cost of starting up in mid June. He calculated at least 24k WITHOUT paying players. There is no commitment from government of when crowds over 500 can attend community events. The community need to be able to plan, just as much for their welfare as the benefits belonging to a club provides well being. I applaud the league’s for at least making a commitment. Some clubs are now planning events for the remaining of the year to build their war chest for next season. Groups of 500 can attend balls and other fund raisers, but they can’t cover the cost of a day at the footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clubs can’t afford to run without crowds. Speaking to a President during the week who had worked out the cost of starting up in mid June. He calculated at least 24k WITHOUT paying players. There is no commitment from government of when crowds over 500 can attend community events. The community need to be able to plan, just as much for their welfare as the benefits belonging to a club provides well being. I applaud the league’s for at least making a commitment. Some clubs are now planning events for the remaining of the year to build their war chest for next season. Groups of 500 can attend balls and other fund raisers, but they can’t cover the cost of a day at the footy.

Like to know who gets 500 at a ball ?
We certainly don't
What about the old $100 ticket raffle or sports night ?

The covid requirements look daunting and challenging for many community clubs to train in at present let alone play for footy and netball on Saturdays.

Just look at how hard it if for the AFL to get games going ahead, I'm not sure they don't care, but I'm not sure amateur footy is very high on their agenda on high in their future plans, as in my opinion they would be happy with the American sporting model of professional and college, which in AFL equates to a school program and auskick.

Which reeks of elitism and is not the essence of AFL, which I applaud roar for his work in operating outside the afls power.

New to this Big Footy Forum and an outsider but I enjoy talking to all you guys and least we might not agree "BUT" we all agree we are hurting with no footy at the moment. I agree with your comment on Roar who I do not know and a perfect example of what I am saying perhaps.Metro footy with the Yarra" Junior" Football League they plan to start footy for the kids mid July,lets hope this happens and always say my thoughts a few weeks back cancel the seniors but lets make a big effort to get these kids on the park if suitable restrictions allow us all over the state.

Like to know who gets 500 at a ball ?
We certainly don't
What about the old $100 ticket raffle or sports night ?

Groups CAN attend, not saying they would. But if you want to make money from spectators you need more than 500 attending a local match considering half of the 500 would make up players and officials.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You also have had a crack at killing this thread.

And don't bother pm'ing me again. Not interested.

You started the pm exchange .

As for killing the thread , you’ve previously stated I’m one of the most prolific users , it’s not as though I’ve just arrived .

We disagree on a subject , I don’t hold grudges and are happy to move on .

Only Hamilton would be on par with Sean.
Hooppell a better Blackman than forward. CHB is his for the taking.

dreaming.. those 3 previously mentioned have all played better footy than Williams in his couple of stints. Do agree that hooppell is better down back but that’s the way they are lining up at the moment

The amount of posts that have been removed is staggering.
More removed in 2 days than in the previous 6 months.
Need you to stand in front of the tank Ringo.
We shall not be silenced😂😂😂

For the last time, contact Chief with your concerns.

Some Clubs in the central Murray league are officially withdrawing from this years competition prior to the league making any decision. The league has a meeting on the 9th of June, but the from what I hear the clubs are fed up with waiting for a decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back