Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard issues arose after senior committee became aware of player payments being made that they hadn’t previously known of and that hadn't been getting disclosed to AFLVIC under the salary cap policy . I was told that the payments were organised by the previous coach hence the fallout ??
Not sure of the validity .
I haven’t heard that one yet but I know rumours have been escalating week by week. After a few weeks into the season the club, president and board should know exactly what players are being paid unless Daniels was paying them out of his own pocket without the board knowing? I know
for a fact Daniels was told two weeks before finals he had a job for 2020 and had meetings with players and potential recruits due to this....

If they can get some support in the ruck whilst Morris is away it will help. The availabil
Who have they really lost? Allan was invisible in all the big games. They’ve picked up some quality young players, and with what’s coming through the juniors, I don’t think they’ll go backwards. I can’t see any of the clubs below them going past them.
As I stated before, the loss of Morris will hurt and if Byrne, Wheeler, Kemp, McHale, Henderson are playing VFL it will also hurt. I have heard rumours that will Monahan is also trying out with the Northern Blues. Prout and Couch will be good ins. There are some great juniors like Evans but he will play Pioneers. I think top 4 but not sure that Benalla and euroa wont be on the same level.

Last edited:
I heard issues arose after senior committee became aware of player payments being made that they hadn’t previously known of and that hadn't been getting disclosed to AFLVIC under the salary cap policy . I was told that the payments were organised by the previous coach hence the fallout ??
Not sure of the validity .
You would think if that was the issue it would have popped up early in the year when players started receiving payments. Which is a long time before Payments Paperwork needs to be submitted.

You would think if that was the issue it would have popped up early in the year when players started receiving payments. Which is a long time before Payments Paperwork needs to be submitted.
To clarify from what I was told the payments were allegedly being made by sponsors and it wasn’t until it got to re-signing players that it all became apparent by the exec . Also there was no suggestion that the payments would see the club exceed the salary cap , more so that the executive was pissed because they were blind sided and the club could be seen as acting outside of the play payments system.
Others haven’t been able to speak highly enough of Daniels .

Talk of challengers for 2020. Unfortunately I think tatura won’t be one of those under Kirby. Love the big fella but apparently only 25 at training the last two weeks with thirds included. A lot of players leaving and only two recruits. I’ve been involved in the club for 15+ years, but as a coach Kirbs is a step back from Daniels. No non playing assistant coaches announced, lost Lucas white, neil cooper, Mark Rijs and Maddie Rijs from the sidelines as well as footy manager Hill who all had great relationships with Daniels and No reserves coaches announced. You can’t build a small club like ours overnight in the current points/salary set up, especially with the worst juniors/1 pointers in the league coming through. and with the injuries we had in 2019 it’s disappointing that the president has let a personal issue get in the way of our clubs progression. The club has tried to spin a lot of things to the public but in reality myself and a lot of tatura people are very disappointed. We are now in December and it’s clear things aren’t as rosy as they made out it would be with Daniels moving on. It’s disappointing Kirbs has been put in the middle of it all.

This is where we need OZ back..but perhaps we already do??

If they can get some support in the ruck whilst Morris is away it will help. The availabil

As I stated before, the loss of Morris will hurt and if Byrne, Wheeler, Kemp, McHale, Henderson are playing VFL it will also hurt. I have heard rumours that will Monahan is also trying out with the Northern Blues. Prout and Couch will be good ins. There are some great juniors like Evans but he will play Pioneers. I think top 4 but not sure that Benalla and euroa wont be on the same level.
Was there chatter about Willis leaving Ringo? He had his best year at Echuca last year I reckon. Agree about your five VFL boys. If they play predominantly in Melbourne the Murray Bombers depth will be challenged.

Was there chatter about Willis leaving Ringo? He had his best year at Echuca last year I reckon. Agree about your five VFL boys. If they play predominantly in Melbourne the Murray Bombers depth will be challenged.

I believe willis is staying. despite being a somewhat polarising figure at Shepparton, he is a popular member of the Murray Bombers. I agree wuith your assessment Tongue, i thought he was a consistent performer last season.

Talk of challengers for 2020. Unfortunately I think tatura won’t be one of those under Kirby. Love the big fella but apparently only 25 at training the last two weeks with thirds included. A lot of players leaving and only two recruits. I’ve been involved in the club for 15+ years, but as a coach Kirbs is a step back from Daniels. No non playing assistant coaches announced, lost Lucas white, neil cooper, Mark Rijs and Maddie Rijs from the sidelines as well as footy manager Hill who all had great relationships with Daniels and No reserves coaches announced. You can’t build a small club like ours overnight in the current points/salary set up, especially with the worst juniors/1 pointers in the league coming through. and with the injuries we had in 2019 it’s disappointing that the president has let a personal issue get in the way of our clubs progression. The club has tried to spin a lot of things to the public but in reality myself and a lot of tatura people are very disappointed. We are now in December and it’s clear things aren’t as rosy as they made out it would be with Daniels moving on. It’s disappointing Kirbs has been put in the middle of it all.
You might want to come down to training and check the numbers out for yourself mate, definitely more then what you’re hearing. I Don’t think things are as bad as what you’re saying, the moral is pretty good from what I’ve seen!

You might want to come down to training and check the numbers out for yourself mate, definitely more then what you’re hearing. I Don’t think things are as bad as what you’re saying, the moral is pretty good from what I’ve seen!
Happy for that to be the case if true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no perfect coach but the knocks on Daniels were that he was happy to mix with the younger players but didn't endear himself to the older players at all.
Tough capper coaching I’m sure as you would know Ringo. Can’t keep everyone happy can you. Will be interesting to see how both Tatura and Wangaratta go in 2020.

Tough capper coaching I’m sure as you would know Ringo. Can’t keep everyone happy can you. Will be interesting to see how both Tatura and Wangaratta go in 2020.
Has he got the coaching role at Wangaratta Torps? Recall reading something on the O&M thread but memory fails me.

From the outside, I thought he did a great job when he initially took over a particularly inexperienced Tatura. Many of the experienced players had left for a variety of reasons and the paid imports departed... He was welcomed back with open arms after his sojourn into the AFL ... then it obviously started to go astray with El'Presidento and the committee? Was it only the alleged unofficial payment of players? Although that alone would cause some serious angst.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back