Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

He loves his footy Silver. The old saying once you stop playing it’s hard to come back .... except for John Farnham that is!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bootz, does he cut the best 21? Seems to me that the Ky side will still be one of the best in country football next season. Personally, i think he would be more effective running the show off field.

Bootz, does he cut the best 21? Seems to me that the Ky side will still be one of the best in country football next season. Personally, i think he would be more effective running the show off field.
Conversations that would have been had already I suspect. Why would the Bomber hieracy give him the role if they knew he wanted to play and they didn't consider him a senior standard player?

Conversations that would have been had already I suspect. Why would the Bomber hieracy give him the role if they knew he wanted to play and they didn't consider him a senior standard player?
It's his call. if he trains well and gets fit why not
That's what every one else will be doing
The players wanted him as coach so I presume they want him to play

Only Vick and Reeves
Weardon OS for awhile
Hayes gone
Coach hoping to play

Hope the coach considers the below comment as the reverse may as apply .

But then again:think:

I hope it is true. I’m not as optimistic as you. But we can revisit this conversation in September. Kirbs is one of the more respected players in GV footy no doubt. Being a very good and well respected player does not automatically make you a great coach!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tipping his Footy CV might read a bit better than yours.
I have great admiration for Paul Newman as a footballer, person and footy coach, and realise age should never define an individual's desire or capacity to compete. That said, has Paulo played senior footy since the 2016 Flag v Rochy?

I suspect if fit and healthy then he would be more than competitive.

Last edited:
I have great admiration for Paul Newman as a footballer, person and footy coach, and realise age should never define an individual's desire or capacity to compete. That said, has Paulo played senior footy since the 2016 Flag v Rochy?

I suspect if fit and healthy then he would be more than competitive.
Paul no longer Coaches Ky Silver.

Haha quite possibly mate but the reality is there are definitely 21 better blokes who could be picked and if he is picked in front of anyone of them that’s a win for opposition teams. Can you argue with that logic?
I will put it too you this way Johnno if player 21 is better than Edwards if.....then it would be very marginal. Add in good leadership skills which I presume he has to be head hunted to Coach a powerhouse then their shouldn't be worry surrounding him playing at the top level.

I will put it too you this way Johnno if player 21 is better than Edwards if.....then it would be very marginal. Add in good leadership skills which I presume he has to be head hunted to Coach a powerhouse then their shouldn't be worry surrounding him playing at the top level.

yep can agree to disagree then, obviously a lot of factors go into it but I feel ky are in a position where he is no longer in that best 21 and maybe the best option for him would be to coach from the box. I know it’s hard for you to say but what position do you think he will play? Last time he played it felt like they really were just squeezing him in.

He wasn’t in the best available according to selectors come the Grand Final side. He knew where his form was and had accepted this as had played twos towards end of season. I didn’t see much GV footy last year so can’t comment on his form. But I still would have had him in my side Grand Final day for what he could have offered for experience and attack on the ball.
Knowing him since he was knee high- I know he won’t pick himself unless he think he’s up to it. He’s good enough to get a game in every other GV side so he would be silly not to train and make himself available if he still has the desire to play.

He wasn’t in the best available according to selectors come the Grand Final side. He knew where his form was and had accepted this as had played twos towards end of season. I didn’t see much GV footy last year so can’t comment on his form. But I still would have had him in my side Grand Final day for what he could have offered for experience and attack on the ball.
Knowing him since he was knee high- I know he won’t pick himself unless he think he’s up to it. He’s good enough to get a game in every other GV side so he would be silly not to train and make himself available if he still has the desire to play.

Very handy depth player either way

I don't think the mighty bombers have to many problems at the moment and i'm sure this also is not one of them
I don't think they have any at all. No one comes close to the Ky machine atm. The club is making hay while the sun shines and good luck to them. certainly still a 5-6 goal better side the others imo.

Good article in today’s Herald Sun about Brock McCleans battles with mental health after being diagnosed with Bi Polar. I hope GV fans remember his battles when he is on the field for United in 2020. More needs to be done at country level in this area.Feel it should be a real focus for leagues and clubs.

Good article in today’s Herald Sun about Brock McCleans battles with mental health after being diagnosed with Bi Polar. I hope GV fans remember his battles when he is on the field for United in 2020. More needs to be done at country level in this area.Feel it should be a real focus for leagues and clubs.
Footy/Netball clubs are often the outlet that becomes the last resort (hope) because other formerly supportive organisations have lost "flavour". Try raising or sustaining a committee when those who won't stump up can find time on social media to criticise. Why does one of the most affluent countries in the world have among the highest per capita clinical depression and suicide rates? Why do children not even engage with sport or drop out before they become adults? How do children now receive modelling in resilience? For you and I, these are rhetorical questions. How do we make them GENUINELY relevant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back