Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be some great Adelaide stories. Was footy trip central for a long time

I still remember a strip joint called “Cobbs” or something which was a laugh

Arkabar always got a run then obviously The Grand on the Sunday felt like the best joint in Australia 😂

Bird watchers bar on the Goldy was a goodie....Adelaide races still a favourite ...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Basketball ain’t coming anywhere while it’s played indoors and under covid guidelines needs less people than outdoor participation sports.
They can’t even get a start indoors till term 3 school starts.
Im speaking As a coach, please tell me how many times you think parents come to footy training and help for an hour?
Please!
Coaches have been babysitters of 20 plus kids of every age group forever.
I said it out loud.
Mum is ok.
I would put my name to it.

Basketball ain’t coming anywhere while it’s played indoors and under covid guidelines needs less people than outdoor participation sports.
Im speaking As a coach, please tell me how many times you think parents come to footy training and help for an hour?
Please!
I said it out loud.
Mum is ok.
Spot on!

Please!
I said it out loud.
Mum is ok.
Are you certain about junior basketball Cec?

Schools are back Tuesday with 23-24 sixteen-ninteen year old students in a room with an adult. Each session we mix them all up and they go to a different class with a different adult. Talk about a melting pot! Why shouldn't Junior footy or basketball come back based upon our State governments decree?

Teaching is an indoor sport! And no need for the sermon.

Sorry MCG, was interested in Roar's post you quoted and since deleted by the poster (I assume). What country club has 500k in the bank in these difficult times? I would like to know the name of said club, as with 500k in the bank there is no possible way they would go into recession in 2021 if they do not play this year. (If there is actual senior footy).
I factually know of at least 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanna talk footy trips....best places/worst places and funny stories ....the rider on that is that we don’t use people’s names for obvious reasons.

Go !!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is it morally wrong to go on a footy trip this yr if there’s no footy played.....
as they say... asking for a friend

Are you certain about junior basketball Cec?

Schools are back Tuesday with 23-24 sixteen-ninteen year old students in a room with an adult. Each session we mix them all up and they go to a different class with a different adult. Talk about a melting pot! Why shouldn't Junior footy or basketball come back based upon our State governments decree?

Teaching is an indoor sport! And no need for the sermon.
Sorry I didn’t mean it to be a sermon.
Your points on numbers make sense to me, I hope you’re right.
So much is still a guess.

Is it morally wrong to go on a footy trip this yr if there’s no footy played.....
as they say... asking for a friend
No it’s not

Coaches group I work with sneak off twice a year in amongst our road trip games and already have a date and pending booking for a little end of (maybe no) season fun

Obviously well run clubs roar, why would they not want to play? Health risk and pressure on volunteers to enforce the restrictions?

They should apply for an AFL licence, sounds like they would have more money in the bank then Goldy and the saints. What are the costs for clubs without player salaries? 70-100 grand to get through a season, add 150 grand salary, and you would think they have been 50 grand profit a year for the last 10 years? Not bad for a community organisation.

Lastly if your not going to name the clubs, why did you bring it up🤔🤔

Yes I can .

Obviously well run clubs roar, why would they not want to play? Health risk and pressure on volunteers to enforce the restrictions?

They should apply for an AFL licence, sounds like they would have more money in the bank then Goldy and the saints. What are the costs for clubs without player salaries? 70-100 grand to get through a season, add 150 grand salary, and you would think they have been 50 grand profit a year for the last 10 years? Not bad for a community organisation.

Lastly if your not going to name the clubs, why did you bring it up🤔🤔

Clubs with that sort of cash on hand would be rare as hens teeth. I’d also wonder why they’d have that much in the bank? Facilities to improve, equipment upgrades etc

The AFL are hoping to hace 30,000 at the Grand Final smaller Crowds before that. 500 at Country/Metro games is within sight.
The positive way that this is moving now could well see crowds back sooner rather than later. In the last few days we have seen rapid changes to the rules. I’m hopeful that by then we might be back to an even bigger crowd and attendances allowed at H&A games. I think we could see crowds at country footy sooner. After all there were only 3 New cases in the country today!

• Outdoor groups up to 20 from June 1 ( assume that transitions to 2x20 on a ground and 20 on netball court plus minimal coaches / staff) For clubs with 3 courts it equates to over 100.
  • NRL planning for crowds from the start of July .
  • AFL remain positive for community football , knowing crowds of over 500 are needed and from many a start by at least mid July.
  • Echuca Football Netball Club in a well articulated letter have announced they will commence training on June 1.

The positive way that this is moving now could well see crowds back sooner rather than later. In the last few days we have seen rapid changes to the rules. I’m hopeful that by then we might be back to an even bigger crowd and attendances allowed at H&A games. I think we could see crowds at country footy sooner. After all there were only 3 New cases in the country today!
Which clubs in this league got 500 at games at best of times?
Certainly not in winter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back