Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys who are full time employed at the club I do a bit of work at have been told they could be on the bench til September, and some may not return in the previous manner.

The landscape has changed, and god knows how it’ll all re-align.
Hubs may go in some regions, and regional staff not re-contracted.

Until the big boys resume, and a revenue stream returns still a lot of guesswork going on, even by those involved for 10-20 years.

Thanks mate. I think the NAB as we know it is gone. The VFL will undergo a seismic shift. I feel that many clubs will be under pressure to survive thus changing the dynamics of leagues and their make up. The fact that clearances are still open is going to mean clubs may see players leave and not return. It is these areas that AFLVic will need to show leadership. However, i believe they also may not be around for much longer.

Right if some leagues can play why not? There's no right or wrong to this, most leagues will pull the pin I imagine but if a league meets the requirements and clubs players are keen why not?

Because its irresponsible....if you get it wrong and you won’t know until you are well into it ....then s**t gets real....people could die if your league got it wrong.. If you get it right then ....wow....you get to play football.
Fairly big gamble I would have thought. It’s all good until someone you might know succumbs to it for the sake of a football game.

People have to live with that ...not something I want to be a part of or be agreeable to. Think about it.!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
You can only do what the restrictions allow, people can catch the ronie at the supermarket, if you can meet the restrictions and you are in a low risk area (country Victoria) where the majority of players are local, less travelling players, get travelling players tested, why can't you play, the risks in metro Melbs are far greater as people are in contact with more people and larger net to easily spread the disease, I think the majority of leagues will pull the pin especially major leagues, but it's not as simple as one rule fits all

Because its irresponsible....if you get it wrong and you won’t know until you are well into it ....then s**t gets real....people could die if your league got it wrong.. If you get it right then ....wow....you get to play football.
Fairly big gamble I would have thought. It’s all good until someone you might know succumbs to it for the sake of a football game.

People have to live with that ...not something I want to be a part of or be agreeable to. Think about it.!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:

If the government is going to maintain no crowds or crowd restrictions,no canteen,no bar,no social rooms and no change rooms surely common sense says no season.Ask the question in the GVFL are all clubs financial and can afford the predicted loss for a season if we play.I would have thought No.1 is we start season 2021 with the same teams we were supposed to start with in 2020.
Lifting of state government restrictions already permit Canteen , bar and dinning.

O & K pulled the pin as well, the domino effect is starting
Personally, I think AFLVic would be happy for this to happen. It saves them a lot of grief making decisions down the track. However the door is going to 'Whack' them on the way back as they will have plenty to do preparing for 2021...if they themselves survive.

Personally, I think AFLVic would be happy for this to happen. It saves them a lot of grief making decisions down the track. However the door is going to 'Whack' them on the way back as they will have plenty to do preparing for 2021...if they themselves survive.

You would think now that any players in leagues that have been called off and players asked for a transfer it would have to be a permit only for this season only.Realise that player could enjoy his 9 games at his new club and can apply for a clearance 2021 but is a difficult one.

Guys who are full time employed at the club I do a bit of work at have been told they could be on the bench til September, and some may not return in the previous manner.

The landscape has changed, and god knows how it’ll all re-align.
Hubs may go in some regions, and regional staff not re-contracted.

Until the big boys resume, and a revenue stream returns still a lot of guesswork going on, even by those involved for 10-20 years.
My understanding is all AFL Vic staff have been stood down in some regard till job keeper runs out , which is naturally impacting / delaying information being released unfortunately .

You would think now that any players in leagues that have been called off and players asked for a transfer it would have to be a permit only for this season only.Realise that player could enjoy his 9 games at his new club and can apply for a clearance 2021 but is a difficult one.
I believe that permitts from clubs who have pulled the pin is possible , but it could in fact make things worst , as clubs could hold players who were under contract/ owed the club money via transfer system . Whilst I think that can be worked around via the permitt system .

I believe that permitts from clubs who have pulled the pin is possible , but it could in fact make things worst , as clubs could hold players who were under contract/ owed the club money via transfer system . Whilst I think that can be worked around via the permitt system .
Be very few players that had Contracts for 2020 & 2021. The year is listed on the contract so no power to hold them unless the Club had them on a multiple year contract and is still willing to pay that amount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mornington Peninsula juniors have announced a July 12 start .
Big dough down there, Mt. Eliza alone would field 4 teams in every age group.
Imagine that at $300 a kid roughly ...

Some EDFL clubs are one entity so they'd be equally as keen to push on in both as a mob like Abers for instance might field 20-25 juniors teams again at say $350-400 a pop ... in which a lot of that would run out at 2pm the day before the juniors even play.

Every league and every set-up is different, but at the end of the day these arguments are purely $$$ based and has nothing to do with Mental Health, commuinuty spirit etc because let's be honest we don't need 4 pts or a club, league or shire to tell us how to be active and engaged as a group.

Premier is going to allow 10k plus ppl protest in Melbourne on the weekend without fining them. I'd say the chances of bending him to allow 500 at the Footy are pretty realistic.
Yep ... and imagine whats gunna happen when we all lob in droves at whatever leagues are pushing on coz we just love footy so much and wanna go watch something ha ha!!!

Could be more headaches for volunteers hey trying to keep people out ...

Yep ... and imagine whats gunna happen when we all lob in droves at whatever leagues are pushing on coz we just love footy so much and wanna go watch something ha ha!!!

Could be more headaches for volunteers hey trying to keep people out ...
If that becomes a headache I’d think they’d weigh up having professional people to man the gate .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back