Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
I believe AFL VIC can push that in hub aligned leagues but may not be as easy in non hub areas of Melbourne.

Same goes for stuff like club/league insurance policies etc, if not under AFL VIC rule it will soon be made near impossible to obtain insurance.
Insurance can be sorted outside of AFL Vic affiliation rather easily . There are a multitude of companies who offer the same .

May 25, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Jono was the icing on our 2005 Yea premiership cake.
$100pw and a long sleeve jumper, and the guy everyone wanted to sit next to as he gave so much to everyone.
I remember sitting across as we discussed him joining us and I was in awe as I remember tagging along with my cousin years earlier who played at Seymour and I just loved the long armed guy in the long sleever.

Can I please lodge genuine arguments for Robbie Douglas, Matt O'Sullivan and Mark Salakowski
Shane Clayton was pretty handy at euroa in 2005 was he not Doons?

Blueboy67

All Australian
May 10, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
In GV footy Stephen Ash for me. If I go back to the 80's then David Code was a ripper! I reckon Swoopin' Pie could confirm on Code.

Ironically both Shepparton players.

Ps. Seymours Paul Scanlon would be in the discussion particularly throughout that period 2005-08
Code also won three B&F’s at Tatura. Gary Cooper won his first Morrison medal in 1976 at Tatura, alongside some tough nuts in Neil ‘Possum’ Warnett and Brian ‘Tiny’ Finnegan. ‘Tiny’ helped the the GVFL win the Winfield Country championship in 1978 against the Hampden League, playing out the game with several broken ribs. Champion footballer and champion bloke.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Code also won three B&F’s at Tatura. Gary Cooper won his first Morrison medal in 1976 at Tatura, alongside some tough nuts in Neil ‘Possum’ Warnett and Brian ‘Tiny’ Finnegan. ‘Tiny’ helped the the GVFL win the Winfield Country championship in 1978 against the Hampden League, playing out the game with several broken ribs. Champion footballer and champion bloke.
Ripping bloke possum and has had a bit of rough trot healthl wise of late . Never seen him play but by all reports didn’t mind it tough ,

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If they are knocking the guts out of player payments and are also worried about wearing Volunteers out then it's an opportune time to put some rules in place to Pre Christmas Training. Club's training from November and having 12 to 14 Sessions before Christmas is an unreasonable expectation. Put a rule in place that Club's can train 3 to 4 times Prior to Christmas Maximum and can't start again until after a date in Jan possibly 2 weeks in. Pull back on the Committment for Players, Coaches and Volunteers a bit without affecting anyones chances of success.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
If they are knocking the guts out of player payments and are also worried about wearing Volunteers out then it's an opportune time to put some rules in place to Pre Christmas Training. Club's training from November and having 12 to 14 Sessions before Christmas is an unreasonable expectation. Put a rule in place that Club's can train 3 to 4 times Prior to Christmas Maximum and can't start again until after a date in Jan possibly 2 weeks in. Pull back on the Committment for Players, Coaches and Volunteers a bit without affecting anyones chances of success.

Spot on Fly. I believe that no training should take place until at least mid January.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Insurance can be sorted outside of AFL Vic affiliation rather easily . There are a multitude of companies who offer the same .
So Hope you’re right for the long term as I’d heard 1-2 mobs were pulling out of community sports by 2022.
Would hate a monopoly scenario come into play

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
All 6 metro competitions that pay players have had their salary cap reduced by 50%. It was $200K this year. For the next three years it will be $100K.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oh yeh FBP and I went head to head early days before we kissed and made up to the point I nearly joined The Den Under SJ and Habers ....talk about opportunity missed

He was a unit that bloke. Macca and I still talk about the day at Kilmore when he hit 5x6’s and 1x4 in an over!

That game was well umpired if I remember correctly

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
He was a unit that bloke. Macca and I still talk about the day at Kilmore when he hit 5x6’s and 1x4 in an over!

That game was well umpired if I remember correctly
Not that hard, hold the bowlers hat, count to 6 and don’t get involved unless you really have to 😉

Right

Senior List
Mar 20, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Also doesn't mean clubs wont cheat it either mate!

That’s the risk they take. Pretty severe if caught. Be hard to come back from if they did and got caught in these challenging and difficult financial times. Bit like doing 120kms an hr in a 100km zone. Do it enough and you will get caught and the consequences are dire.

Add the whistleblowers clause as it is in at the moment and it would be a very silly club to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s the risk they take. Pretty severe if caught. Be hard to come back from if they did and got caught in these challenging and difficult financial times. Bit like doing 120kms an hr in a 100km zone. Do it enough and you will get caught and the consequences are dire.

Add the whistleblowers clause as it is in at the moment and it would be a very silly club to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They had Deer Park red handed and barely gave them a slap on the wrist. The majority of audits (2 Club's per League Per year)are a look over the books not hardline questioning or detective work.

Back