Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiple year contract with land on offer to build on, something along those lines

Would love to know your source on this info?

Can confirm that it’s a 1 year contract, nothing more, nothing less. There will be no land or house. He will be travelling back and forward from Melbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GV has a bigger salary cap than O&M so why are O&M jumping so far ahead? The top end quality in the O&M now miles ahead imo. Very good ex AFL and VFL. This just another example when he was a Seymour player last year
Marketing !!

O&M are hugely financial and have 2 staff , media pays them for media rights .

GVL 1 staff and have to pay for media coverage .

Rochy apparently have signed an ex-AFL key back. I'm hearing ex-Port and guessing Logan Austin who was recently delisted by St Kilda. Cannot confirm at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rochy apparently have signed an ex-AFL key back. I'm hearing ex-Port and guessing Logan Austin who was recently delisted by St Kilda. Cannot confirm at this point.

As long as your source isn’t classing Jo Atley as a key back

Haha. Wouldn't mind Joe running out of the middle of the Moon Oval next year. Logan Austin is from Canberra so assuming it's the Jordan Harper connection .... that's if I have the correct Ex-port defender of course. 😎

O&M always been a bit better IMO.

Would think all would be paid mate. Most clubs have a base rate and then those contracted.
Just took a look at the O&M draw for 2021 which has half the games in the first 5 rounds twilight, night or Sunday games.
Gives them a great opportunity to promote , including to those who are currently involved in other leagues .
I get that players would prefer to play on Saturdays and particularly the GF , but not playing the GVL GF on the traditional Sunday after the AFL GF , I think has cost the GVL quite a lot of promotion .

Just took a look at the O&M draw for 2021 which has half the games in the first 5 rounds twilight, night or Sunday games.
Gives them a great opportunity to promote , including to those who are currently involved in other leagues .
I get that players would prefer to play on Saturdays and particularly the GF , but not playing the GVL GF on the traditional Sunday after the AFL GF , I think has cost the GVL quite a lot of promotion .

The O&M draws from 3 major rural centres - Albury, Wangaratta, Wodonga - whereas the GV draws on 1 - Shepparton.

Population alone would give the O&M a real advantage.

Confirmed. It is ex-port Adelaide/St Kilda defender Logan Austin.

On 7 news tonight had Joe Couch trying out punting in US, so maybe Tom might still play at Echuca??
Possibly could be correct mate. Pretty hard to get much news re Echuca since old mate Right vanished! Think the cone of silence may of been invoked. Echuca will be in the mix and see them as finishing top 3. Still feel Ky have widened the gap and Euroa may well be their major challenger. Expect the Cats to make significant steps next year Rochy starting to make a move as well

The O&M draws from 3 major rural centres - Albury, Wangaratta, Wodonga - whereas the GV draws on 1 - Shepparton.

Population alone would give the O&M a real advantage.

I’d guess Echuca / Moama is as big as wang and would assume over all clubs in both comps there’d be bugger all population difference whilst the GVL clubs would be closer to Melb ??

Last edited:
Confirmed. It is ex-port Adelaide/St Kilda defender Logan Austin.
That Belconnen connection keeps on keeping on.

I’d guess Echuca / Moama is as big as wang and would assume over all clubs in both comps there’d be bugger all population difference whilst the GVL clubs would be closer to Melb ??
1. Geelong FL
2 O&M FL
3. Gippsland-Latrobe FL ( Warragul 15k, Sale 20K, Moe 17K, Bairnsdale 15K, Morwell 15 k, Traralgon 25K, Leongatha 6K, Maffra 4K, Drouin 12K)
4. GVFL
5 Ballarat FL
That would round out my top 5.

1. Geelong FL
2 O&M FL
3. Gippsland-Latrobe FL ( Warragul 15k, Sale 20K, Moe 17K, Bairnsdale 15K, Morwell 15 k, Traralgon 25K, Leongatha 6K, Maffra 4K, Drouin 12K)
4. GVFL
5 Ballarat FL
That would round out my top 5.
Ballarats over 100k ringo, plus 15k in Bacchus, 30+K Melton, 30k Sunbury, all within 1 hour 20 mins of Melbourne.

Bendigo is close to 100k, then you have 10k Maryborough, 6-8 Kyneton & Maine and about 12k Gisborne, all close to melbs.

I think the gv is geographically poor location, shepps not as big as Albury/wodonga, geelong, Ballarat or Bendigo, so it struggles to retain locals (whilst the others have unis that attracts more kids) and probably more employment opportunities then shep, and your looking at 2 hours + plus travel. Maybe thats why the gv standard has dropped away.

But as a side note, many clubs that are approx. 2-4k in pop size have been dominant in country footy, such as Kyabram, kerang, Leongatha, Yarrawonga, Maffra where more emphasis is on how traditional country teams work, gun loyal locals plus a couple of top ups

Remove this Banner Ad

Back