Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets hope some common sense prevails. However common sense isnt common at all these days!
I like the concept of people not being at huddles and think it has a lot of upside , no more so than coaches being able to openly address players on tactics .
Think it would lead to coaches becoming more tactical and hopefully we’d see less of the foaming , vein popping screaming/ abuse which the current generation aren’t receptive to .

I like the concept of people not being at huddles and think it has a lot of upside , no more so than coaches being able to openly address players on tactics .
Think it would lead to coaches becoming more tactical and hopefully we’d see less of the foaming , vein popping screaming/ abuse which the current generation aren’t receptive to .
Spare me roar on tactics, there's nothing better than hearing a coaches pearls of wisdom, which has become a lost art. All that happens is players get into their "groups" and pretend they're Einstein's of our great game, how by having multiple groups chaired by different guys provides any uniformed tactics for one side to understand is beyond me. In 2019, I wondered over to the Sale huddle, at half time, where Maffra had pulled their pants down, they didn't score for the quarter, and the senior coach has seen the statistic 0 tackles inside 50, so he tells the fwds they need to lift, yet the ball never got down there, he never addressed the mids and wingmen who were been slaughtered.
I bet teams don't even count to 10, to fire themselves up before a game anymore, roar footys theatre, we can't lose those parts of our game to "tactics"

Spare me roar on tactics, there's nothing better than hearing a coaches pearls of wisdom, which has become a lost art. All that happens is players get into their "groups" and pretend they're Einstein's of our great game, how by having multiple groups chaired by different guys provides any uniformed tactics for one side to understand is beyond me. In 2019, I wondered over to the Sale huddle, at half time, where Maffra had pulled their pants down, they didn't score for the quarter, and the senior coach has seen the statistic 0 tackles inside 50, so he tells the fwds they need to lift, yet the ball never got down there, he never addressed the mids and wingmen who were been slaughtered.
I bet teams don't even count to 10, to fire themselves up before a game anymore, roar footys theatre, we can't lose those parts of our game to "tactics"
The best is when a player goes to the mids group at 1/4 time and then is shifted forward or back. Seriously line groups at local level are a waste of time.

I agree the groups of players together at huddles is bullshit and it’s spread to all level including u12’s . I assume part of the purpose of the little groups is to try and delivery message to players with some sought of secrecy ??? Therefore I’d have thought no spectators around would lead to coaches getting rid of that crap and more openly speaking to the whole group .
As for the theatre of the game , more than one of us on here played with a bloke who use to head but lockers and brick walls before the game and give the impression he was going to tear someone’s head .
Once the game started and he was challenged he was a probably the most timid person I’ve seen on a footy field .
Some us older people may have enjoyed different elements of the game which was suited to our era , but kids these days are a completely different beast and coaches who can accept and coach in that manner get greater results .

Wouldn't that also happen at the elite level?
[/QUOTE
Yeah it does but probably for reasons such as players training in lines at each session, players designated and placed in three categories and more complicated game plans etc. not saying it is right but think there is a bit more to it at AFL level.

The Cats are now getting right into the mix signing Yarrawonga premiership player Matt Gorman.
Good skills from the Cats. That's quite a few recruits now including some ex-local players. Be interested to hear from some Mooroopna/Shepp based posters about their exact situation. Thirdmanup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cats are now getting right into the mix signing Yarrawonga premiership player Matt Gorman.
Won a couple of Pearce Medals in PDFNL before joining Yarrawonga .
Has apparently had quite of few issues when on the 🍻., which I believe is the reason he isn’t at Yarrawonga and other suitors have stayed clear .

Johnny Lamont will whip him into shape Roar!
As expected the cats are a vastly improved outfit on what I witnessed today at rumba Last time they played wang rovers by 15 plus goals, today the cats by 3 or 4 Lamont has got them fit and full of run playing good switch and spread footy Very impressed with Liam Betson in the ruck his brother lively also there big recruit from tassie Chris Neil chipped in with 3 or 4 done what he had to Dean smith also very good The down fall of the day was not been able to go near the huddles 😆😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back