Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Totally agree Post. Super important that 'Hammer' has a chance to meet potential players to ascertain where Rochy sit in relation to 18's numbers and build the foundations for an important year after not having a team in 2021.

Based upon what I am hearing the Rochy 2's should have healthy numbers next year. Back to being more than just competitive.
Where would Rochy find twos players silver?
Also maybe I'm out of the loop these days, but when I played footy, you knew where every kid was playing, if you're a major league club, you might try get a couple of gun minor league players in, which is hard to do as they have more opportunity to play senior footy. I agree though it's a good idea for the club show a bit of support for the local thirds with a bbq

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where would Rochy find twos players silver?
Also maybe I'm out of the loop these days, but when I played footy, you knew where every kid was playing, if you're a major league club, you might try get a couple of gun minor league players in, which is hard to do as they have more opportunity to play senior footy. I agree though it's a good idea for the club show a bit of support for the local thirds with a bbq
Hey Trent! Rochy have appointed a co-coach of the 2's in ex-senior player Corey Windridge to assist Sam Frawley. Both will play. That in itself will drag some former 2's players back. Rochy Reserves played in a GF in 2019 if I recall.

Rochy have recruited reasonably well thus far. Shaun Atley, Jacob Atley, Mcphee, Cricelli and Wren. Jansen, Wil Hamilton and Kellett barely played last year but set to go. Joe Atley might play a few games and they are still chasing a key defender or two. I think 'Fly mentioned Treacy.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey Trent! Rochy have appointed a co-coach of the 2's in ex-senior player Corey Windridge to assist Sam Frawley. Both will play. That in itself will drag some former 2's players back. Rochy Reserves played in a GF in 2019 if I recall.

Rochy have recruited reasonably well thus far. Shaun Atley, Jacob Atley, Mcphee, Cricelli and Wren. Jansen, Wil Hamilton and Kellett barely played last year but set to go. Joe Atley might play a few games and they are still chasing a key defender or two. I think 'Fly mentioned Treacy.
Yep your always good in the ones silver, as a general rule Rochy don't have big depth, and it's getting harder and harder to get guys to play twos footy, but sounds like they'll be competitive next year, by the way I think all clubs will struggle to have big numbers of twos and juniors not only Rochy

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have to upmost respect for Rochy and in particular the way they connect with neighbouring district clubs .
However, I hope they don’t go down the path they went a few years ago by recruiting young blokes by blowing wind up their arse .
Yep think I know who you are talking about Roar. Different coach and largely different committee. Doubting that will happen with a couple of old wise heads rejoining this year.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Yer and considering the League get all the Finals gates they were on track for a tidy profit.
Tough to lay blame on anyone for financial losses in the last 2 years I would have thought
Financial assets have more than halved in the last 5 years . Almost $60k of assets per year have been lost, whilst it appears cost for admin have risen by almost $10k every year . .
The assets which are slowly being lost , people worked terrible hard to obtain .
Continual losses of $60k some may think is ok whilst you have assets of $500k , what happens when there are zero assets ????

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Financial assets have more than halved in the last 5 years . Almost $60k of assets per year have been lost, whilst it appears cost for admin have risen by almost $10k every year . .
The assets which are slowly being lost , people worked terrible hard to obtain .
Continual losses of $60k some may think is ok whilst you have assets of $500k , what happens when there are zero assets ????

What are the assets?

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
What are the assets?
I would assume cash on hand or amounts to be received .
But the figure of $240 being freely publicised doesn’t seem to add up .
2019 figures show assets @$ 285 k .
The loss announced for 2020 was $28k and $54k for 2021.
. Loss since 2019 being $82k.
285-82 doesn’t equal 240 .
it’s a hell of a fall since even 2015 when assets were recorded as $488k .

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
I would assume cash on hand or amounts to be received .
But the figure of $240 being freely publicised doesn’t seem to add up .
2019 figures show assets @$ 285 k .
The loss announced for 2020 was $28k and $54k for 2021.
. Loss since 2019 being $82k.
285-82 doesn’t equal 240 .
it’s a hell of a fall since even 2015 when assets were recorded as $488k .

I’m certainly no accountant but I suspect cash is not classed as an asset

Aren’t assets buildings, vehicles etc ?

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Why doe a league administration need such big asset balances
They don’t the concern is that the treasurer chest is being bit into at an alarming rate . It is beyond the Bott era , just commencing with a higher bank balance . It is in the best interest of the whole region that the GVL is in a great position financially and progressive .

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
They don’t the concern is that the treasurer chest is being bit into at an alarming rate . It is beyond the Bott era , just commencing with a higher bank balance . It is in the best interest of the whole region that the GVL is in a great position financially and progressive .
When you can bring it up that high, from where it was in 10 years, then as soon as the league hand over its admin to a hub and it runs at a loss each year and your assets are draining it means that people in charge don't give up a stuff about the league

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see Marty Hore get an AFL lifeline at North Melb.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Good to see Marty Hore get an AFL lifeline at North Melb.

Confirmed?

He certainly deserved that one last crack.
By all reports has come back from his knee very well. Before playing of course

Back