Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I only remember bits and pieces of Miller, only watched Seymour v whoever they played back in the day when Avenel had a bye but he seemed very handy. Can someone confirm if he played in the '92 GF. Saw a touch more of McPhee.....strong in the contest and vice like dukes !!!
Tank McPhee and Robbie Miller what players they were

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I only remember bits and pieces of Miller, only watched Seymour v whoever they played back in the day when Avenel had a bye but he seemed very handy. Can someone confirm if he played in the '92 GF. Saw a touch more of McPhee.....strong in the contest and vice like dukes !!!

There was another bloke from Rochy who i remember, could take a fair grab......forgive me if I get this name wrong. ...was it Shane/Shaun Dupay ????

Yeah Miller played in '92 and was close to best on ground off half back. Marking it like it was a dry day.

Shane Dupay could seriously play. Many stalwarts at the club rate him higher than Miller.

Yeah Miller played in '92 and was close to best on ground off half back. Marking it like it was a dry day.

Shane Dupay could seriously play. Many stalwarts at the club rate him higher than Miller.
Thanks silver, its coming back to me now, he was catching it like it was dry.....because it most definitely wasn't !!!. What years did Dupay play ?

Thanks silver, its coming back to me now, he was catching it like it was dry.....because it most definitely wasn't !!!. What years did Dupay play ?

Younger than Miller but played over a similar period and imagine he played in '92 as well.

Sounds like Bomber Country is old enough to recall and I have no doubt Swoopin Pie would have been at all those GF's in the '90's.

Lion you were involved during Seymour's three-peat. Who was the most important player throughout that period do you reckon? From an outsider's perspective obviously Saad got huge publicity. Scanlon was dominant in games I watched. Personally I liked the O'Keefe boys down back. And your big ruckman over that period ... Schottner I think.

Younger than Miller but played over a similar period and imagine he played in '92 as well.

Sounds like Bomber Country is old enough to recall and I have no doubt Swoopin Pie would have been at all those GF's in the '90's.
As good as Dupay was and he was a ripper I can’t go past Miller just a freak closely followed by McCarty and Dirty you’d remember Ant Jess tongue he could play??

Lion you were involved during Seymour's three-peat. Who was the most important player throughout that period do you reckon? From an outsider's perspective obviously Saad got huge publicity. Scanlon was dominant in games I watched. Personally I liked the O'Keefe boys down back. And your big ruckman over that period ... Schottner I think.
A behind the scenes involvement but yes I was silver. Id have to say the backline deserve most of the plaudits imo, they kept them in it in '05 , Joffa Anderson did a sterling job on Grainger, Peter King played very well and Mark Pilling probably change the game when he came on, getting under the skin of a few. Matt O'Keefe was very good also and for memory kicked 2 valuable goals. Defense was also very good in '06 and '07.

It’s not uncommon that the additional point for year of service reduces a clubs total points by 10 + points .O&M clubs struggling to stay under the cap and being forced to play best 22 players in the twos merely due to a circumstance no one else has forced upon them is a joke . It also gives a really good indication of where the points introduction was born .
Couldn’t agree more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And of course a fairly handy midfield led by the general Schotty 🖒. I thought the big fella had his colors lowered in the '05 second semi by Janz but once i knew they were gunna square off in the big dance that was not going to happen again. Habers, Chewy, Penn, Jackson.....i could go on, fair depth. And in closing, imo Brendan Liddell was highly underated, ran all day, ran taggers into the ground, kept it clean and simple with the nurry in hand.

When Wellman was in charge and the league was independent, it went from insolvent, to being 500 grand in front.
In 2017 & 18 the league run at a loss of over 100 grand, when taken over by AFL gv

It's pretty well known fly, after the league delegates turned on the gv president and voted the league into the hub from being independent, they were in surplus, where did that cash go?

Seymour v Rochy could be a cracker at Kings Park this week, id like to have the car on the fence and check it out. ....but the traditional kdl derby up at Avenel could be interesting too.......dilemma !!!!

Mate get your car down on the fence and have a look at what should be a good game! Won't get there myself so need a solid match report.

When Wellman was in charge and the league was independent, it went from insolvent, to being 500 grand in front.
In 2017 & 18 the league run at a loss of over 100 grand, when taken over by AFL gv

I’ve not held back on my criticising of AFLGM particularly the old ‘ the clubs will
Pay’ attitude of Jamie Macri’s predecessor .
I am also privy to some insight on some massive deals that were knocked back during that said persons tenure regarding media rights .
There have also been some knocked back in more recent times.
Whether it be media , weekly booklet or game day balls the GVL seem to be on the wrong end of deals compared to most others leagues .
I’ve got no doubt the previous said person was a dictator who most likely withheld information . I am also pretty comfortable that recently decisions have been solely that of the leagues boards .
Regarding the great red head ‘ 🦊’ I was fortunate enough to share a really good relationship which included regularly , if not daily , trying to take the piss out of someone .
He was a very very funny person who is unparralled in his ability to put someone at ease in front of an audience or camera , and someone who truly always looked for a laugh without offending .
He was the funny knock about larrikin who often did things on a whim whilst JR was the complete opposite and undertook countless hours in preparation . They made the perfect double , whilst others like myself often assisted each of them to take the piss out of the other .
Foxy and Jr should be life members of the GVL .
For those that are interested JR is doing a weekly Picola League Footy Show which is improving weekly , an offer which he extended to the GVL . At no cost !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back