Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

As expected the cats are a vastly improved outfit on what I witnessed today at rumba Last time they played wang rovers by 15 plus goals, today the cats by 3 or 4 Lamont has got them fit and full of run playing good switch and spread footy Very impressed with Liam Betson in the ruck his brother lively also there big recruit from tassie Chris Neil chipped in with 3 or 4 done what he had to Dean smith also very good The down fall of the day was not been able to go near the huddles 😆😆
Great write up mate.
Perhaps teams could just jog to the local pub and have their huddles in the bar ...ridiculous!

Rovers rating themselves very highly this year
Even though it’s a practice match its probably not the outcome they were looking for
Well done to the cats though
Obviously the rovers had a few missing including their co-coach jammo Daniels who coached from the box The cats also with a few short of their best side Apart from that what really impressed me was the way they fought their way back into the game after an ordinary ist quarter Mate I don’t think the cats will set the world on fire or challenge for the flag Finals are a realistic aim for them and taking some big scalps on the way

Obviously the rovers had a few missing including their co-coach jammo Daniels who coached from the box The cats also with a few short of their best side Apart from that what really impressed me was the way they fought their way back into the game after an ordinary ist quarter Mate I don’t think the cats will set the world on fire or challenge for the flag Finals are a realistic aim for them and taking some big scalps on the way
Yeah
Sounds like improvement is finally there though and that’s a good thing
Will be interesting to follow their progress

Yeah
Sounds like improvement is finally there though and that’s a good thing
Will be interesting to follow their progress
Good that Mooroopna are on the improve as the league seems gridlocked at present. Same teams at the top and same at the bottom. Dare I say the points system is shite!!

Also interesting that the O&M forum are suggesting Rovers won the game. Anyway, sounds like the Cats might challenge the six. For me it is Kyabram again, or potentially Euroa, although they were ordinary in 2019 so it's a fair gap to jump past Echuca. What are the odds on another Kyabram v Echuca GF? With the demise of Shepparton as the last legitimate alternative I suspect normal 2019 service to continue.

Agreed points system is sh*te!!
Ky the obvious choice for everyone I think at this stage
A lot of talk about Euroa so you think they’d have to be highly considered and of course Echuca
I haven’t followed much of what Echuca have been doing who exactly have they lost/gained how different are they from 2019

Good that Mooroopna are on the improve as the league seems gridlocked at present. Same teams at the top and same at the bottom. Dare I say the points system is sh*te!!

Also interesting that the O&M forum are suggesting Rovers won the game. Anyway, sounds like the Cats might challenge the six. For me it is Kyabram again, or potentially Euroa, although they were ordinary in 2019 so it's a fair gap to jump past Echuca. What are the odds on another Kyabram v Echuca GF? With the demise of Shepparton as the last legitimate alternative I suspect normal 2019 service to continue.
Will be interesting mate. Ky get Williams, Crowe, Morgan and one other who escapes my mind atm but have lost a couple. I’d suggest Ironside will be at Ky more often than not. Echuca have lost Allan, Willis, McNamara, Wheeler and Henderson. Reid is a great get but feel the gap has widened. On paper, Euroa will be very strong and Rochy will be in the mix. The cats should make the six.

Will be interesting mate. Ky get Williams, Crowe, Morgan and one other who escapes my mind atm but have lost a couple. I’d suggest Ironside will be at Ky more often than not. Echuca have lost Allan, Willis, McNamara, Wheeler and Henderson. Reid is a great get but feel the gap has widened. On paper, Euroa will be very strong and Rochy will be in the mix. The cats should make the six.
Not forgetting gun Zac Keogh and triple medalist Kane Herbert PS I see big Reevesy has shed a bit of weight and looking fit is there a chance he may play ??

Denehay keigh Herbert ins
Vick s.sheldon and pell reeves and werdo outs

Denehay keigh Herbert ins
Vick s.sheldon and pell reeves and werdo
Pretty scary really! Just can’t see them dropping off at all...stronger
Definitely not stronger but more blooding this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not forgetting gun Zac Keogh and triple medalist Kane Herbert PS I see big Reevesy has shed a bit of weight and looking fit is there a chance he may play ??

Swoopin’ pretty sure Reeva would honour his commitment to Gig if he did return to play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heidelberg will have to find a new avenue to goal in 2021 after the departure of star forward Chaz Sargeant.
The Tigers goalkicker has lodged a clearance to join Tatura in the Goulburn Valley Football League.

Sargeant booted 34 goals in 16 matches in 2019, to finish equal fifth in the league with teammate Sam Gilmore, and be named centre half-forward in the NFL Division 1 Team of the Year.

Heidelberg will have to find a new avenue to goal in 2021 after the departure of star forward Chaz Sargeant.
The Tigers goalkicker has lodged a clearance to join Tatura in the Goulburn Valley Football League.

Sargeant booted 34 goals in 16 matches in 2019, to finish equal fifth in the league with teammate Sam Gilmore, and be named centre half-forward in the NFL Division 1 Team of the Year.
Great for Tat and the league mate Had a good chat with Kirbs last Saturday at rumba and didn’t mention it wich is fair enough as the deal was was probably still getting done but he did say they are 3 quality players short compared to this time last year before COVID put an end to it all

Where are you getting your inside mail from Ringo @ tat? Oz 😂

All Bendigo league clubs
Trent you do sometimes have an eye for the obvious.

Not quite sure what your point is but I reckon Rochy played at least two of those sides pre-2019. Possibly all three. Miller and Bartels from South might be a connection. Eaglehawk have a strong Rochy connection with Mcphee, Bacon and Williams (now back at Rochy) having played there. Flaherty (or Schmidt) might have been the Sandhurst connection? Cannot remember. Rochy have recruited heavily from Bendigo over the past 15 years.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back