Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I only seen half
So won't comment
My observations from yesterday are that Kyabram are gettable this year but their experience and system of getting the ball forward got them home. Mueller a sneaky 6 goals. Mangan was good in the last quarter. Norris and Coulstock also. Keogh and Herbert will add to the mix. Rochy are better this year. The Harper brothers add speed and class through the middle and Austin a huge presence up forward. Depth will be a problem at times as the twos looked ordinary, but the addition of Lachie Watson will free up Russell and Austin to key positions. The club is bullish about both Chris Jansen and Joe Atley playing a few games each.

I suspect Williams and Hamilton will both miss multiple weeks. Tommy Sheldon had a hamstring problem and Keogh was very ginger walking to his car after the game. Another bomber on crutches after the game but not sure who.

One of the better games I have watched in several years. A large crowd on a hot day! The Kyabram faithful got very vocal as the Bombers stormed home. Some clever stuff through the last qtr as Sheldon (I think) bombed kick outs to Norris in the centre effectively kicking over Rochys defensive set up. It worked at least twice in the final quarter before the Tigers figured out they needed to set up deeper. Tigers let it slip but Kyabram showed their class.

Are Luke Morris and Jordan Williams playing this year ?
Rochy were very good today, they play a fast running game which will worry and test all sides, my only concern for them is depth. If they cop 3-4 injuries I think they will come back to the pack. Having said that I think there top 6-7 players if fit will Will carry them to a top 3 finish.
Ky are not the side they were and will not be as dominant as previous years but have enough talent left to give it another shake. Lots of new players so you would presume they will improve the more they play together. was one of the best games o have watched for a long time.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trent the award Winning tipster! Pretty good Round of GV Footy by the looks a cracker game at Tigerland and a couple of turn ups. It's great the Footy is back can't wait for next weekend. Just a question for Silver do you think Rochy tightened up at the end when Ky kicked a few quick ones? Or more that Ky just produced some slick play to hit the finish line in front?

Both lads are apparently retired. Speaking with Jordy yesterday and when he confirmed this I was thinking there was a fair bit of flexibility in that retirement plan. So does coach Bedge which is why he presented him with a jumper!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My observations from yesterday are that Kyabram are gettable this year but their experience and system of getting the ball forward got them home. Mueller a sneaky 6 goals. Mangan was good in the last quarter. Norris and Coulstock also. Keogh and Herbert will add to the mix. Rochy are better this year. The Harper brothers add speed and class through the middle and Austin a huge presence up forward. Depth will be a problem at times as the twos looked ordinary, but the addition of Lachie Watson will free up Russell and Austin to key positions. The club is bullish about both Chris Jansen and Joe Atley playing a few games each.

I suspect Williams and Hamilton will both miss multiple weeks. Tommy Sheldon had a hamstring problem and Keogh was very ginger walking to his car after the game. Another bomber on crutches after the game but not sure who.

One of the better games I have watched in several years. A large crowd on a hot day! The Kyabram faithful got very vocal as the Bombers stormed home. Some clever stuff through the last qtr as Sheldon (I think) bombed kick outs to Norris in the centre effectively kicking over Rochys defensive set up. It worked at least twice in the final quarter before the Tigers figured out they needed to set up deeper. Tigers let it slip but Kyabram showed their class.
They was probably childs
I meant I only saw half of reserves
Senior game was a cracker on a very hot day

Both lads are apparently retired. Speaking with Jordy yesterday and when he confirmed this I was thinking there was a fair bit of flexibility in that retirement plan. So does coach Bedge which is why he presented him with a jumper!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They both will be playing later on in year as will gemmill
Who will miss out boots

Trent the award Winning tipster! Pretty good Round of GV Footy by the looks a cracker game at Tigerland and a couple of turn ups. It's great the Footy is back can't wait for next weekend. Just a question for Silver do you think Rochy tightened up at the end when Ky kicked a few quick ones? Or more that Ky just produced some slick play to hit the finish line in front?
No I don't think Rochy tightened up Fly. Those couple of set plays with Sheldon bombing the ball to Norris opened Rochy up and Mangan showed his class and experience getting on the end of a couple. Was a ripper game but one the Tigers let slip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the key to beating ky silver? Fast and unpredictable, what's the old saying insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result. Hopefully teams start to realise if you do the same thing and same tactics against Ky that you have for the past 3 years, you'll get the same result. Too many coaches just try play the same way, nice to see Rochy daring to be different

No I don't think Rochy tightened up Fly. Those couple of set plays with Sheldon bombing the ball to Norris opened Rochy up and Mangan showed his class and experience getting on the end of a couple. Was a ripper game but one the Tigers let slip.

Walker gets a week 18 mths ago and still can’t play.

Ewing gets a week 2 weeks ago in the NTFL GF yet is allowed to play for Tongala this weekend

Glad we all go by the same rules
Suspension is based on weeks for the club played by the club you are registered to and is national. How permission was granted for Ewing to play , if as it seems, is astonishing .
Walkers overhanging suspension from 2019 being served at the start of 2021 is not unreasonable.

Andrew Walker played 3 games in the 2019/20 NTFl season while under suspension in the GVFL , NT have different rules regarding suspension.
Walker gets a week 18 mths ago and still can’t play.

Ewing gets a week 2 weeks ago in the NTFL GF yet is allowed to play for Tongala this weekend

Glad we all go by the same rules

What's the key to beating ky silver? Fast and unpredictable, what's the old saying insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result. Hopefully teams start to realise if you do the same thing and same tactics against Ky that you have for the past 3 years, you'll get the same result. Too many coaches just try play the same way, nice to see Rochy daring to be different
Watch 2018 grand final
Shepp managed to do it
Man on Man
Move the ball on all the time

Watch 2018 grand final
Shepp managed to do it
Man on Man
Move the ball on all the time
Whatched the game again 2 weeks ago and am convinced Ash Holland’s dominance was crucial to Shepp winning that flag No difference to big Reevsys dominance in 2 of Kys recent flags, history shows a dominant ruckman on Deakin is a huge advantage

Whatched the game again 2 weeks ago and am convinced Ash Holland’s dominance was crucial to Shepp winning that flag No difference to big Reevsys dominance in 2 of Kys recent flags, history shows a dominant ruckman on Deakin is a huge advantage
Think Echuca missed a trick that day! If Willis played as a mobile ruckman around the ground that day Echuca may of nearly got them. Had the chance to close the gap to 10 points with plenty of time on the clock. Need to get them on the outside of the contest IMO and run.

Interesting results round 1, just noticed in the neighbouring league that Yarrawonga has lost 2 guns for the year with injury before they played a game and are now very unlikely to play finals. Could wheeler head back to Seymour and take masters with him, they have plenty of spare points to fit him in

Interesting results round 1, just noticed in the neighbouring league that Yarrawonga has lost 2 guns for the year with injury before they played a game and are now very unlikely to play finals. Could wheeler head back to Seymour and take masters with him, they have plenty of spare points to fit him in
Harry Wheeler would only draw 1 or 2 points i imagine seeing how he's pretty much a local from the Seymour area. I wouldn't have any what he's thinking but not much point coming back down here if he's not playing footy as im pretty sure hes got work secured up that way, as that's what the main pre-requisite for him going up there was in the first place.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the deal that both Leigh Masters and Willie Wheeler both received was exceptional. Would be difficult to leave when it included a block of land and help building a house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back