Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if they will bring back a few live streams this year? By memory they started having a few more in 17-18-19, but no word yet.

The live scores are good, and there’s normally 1-2 matches covered on Twitter by the MMG Sport guys but I definitely learn more about games coming on here then anywhere else, you would think there would be better match day coverage? Or maybe I’m asking for too much.

Ideally back.
Defin
Does anyone know if they will bring back a few live streams this year? By memory they started having a few more in 17-18-19, but no word yet.

The live scores are good, and there’s normally 1-2 matches covered on Twitter by the MMG Sport guys but I definitely learn more about games coming on here then anywhere else, you would think there would be better match day coverage? Or maybe I’m asking for too much.
Not sure about live streams but I am disappointed with the fact the league was publishing each game from each round on their website in 2018-19 ... Co-vid hits season 2020 and we are suddenly back to being a league of Luddites!!

Defin
Not sure about live streams but I am disappointed with the fact the league was publishing each game from each round on their website in 2018-19 ... Co-vid hits season 2020 and we are suddenly back to being a league of Luddites!!

There are a lot of little things the GV needs to improve on, match reports from local leagues in the local paper are quite poor with detail (the riv). You would think if the GV want to get back to being a powerhouse Victorian league (very very far off atm) it could at least get an up to date website, some match streams and detailed reports, maybe even publish some player stats when they cover the ‘match of the round’, it’s hard to listen to the coverage on the radio as I’m normally at the games or different games.

I guess they get back what they put in, and at the moment it’s not looking great.

I was reliving a few stories with a friend from the back end of my short playing days in the early 2010s, and remembering the quality you would face week in week out it’s scary too think how far away that quality has dropped from an on field perspective. Shep United, Rochy, Echuca, Swans, Mooroopna, Benalla, Kyabram, Tatura all had such incredible players. On the subject of that 2007-2014 period, who was the most feared player in the league?

Eagle, B Murray, Height, G Campbell, A Watson, Saad, Looby, Bowen, Sidebottom a few that come to mind. Eagle and Murray were the two I defiantly didn’t want to run into.

There are a lot of little things the GV needs to improve on, match reports from local leagues in the local paper are quite poor with detail (the riv). You would think if the GV want to get back to being a powerhouse Victorian league (very very far off atm) it could at least get an up to date website, some match streams and detailed reports, maybe even publish some player stats when they cover the ‘match of the round’, it’s hard to listen to the coverage on the radio as I’m normally at the games or different games.

I guess they get back what they put in, and at the moment it’s not looking great.

I was reliving a few stories with a friend from the back end of my short playing days in the early 2010s, and remembering the quality you would face week in week out it’s scary too think how far away that quality has dropped from an on field perspective. Shep United, Rochy, Echuca, Swans, Mooroopna, Benalla, Kyabram, Tatura all had such incredible players. On the subject of that 2007-2014 period, who was the most feared player in the league?

Eagle, B Murray, Height, G Campbell, A Watson, Saad, Looby, Bowen, Sidebottom a few that come to mind. Eagle and Murray were the two I defiantly didn’t want to run into.
Nice post mate.Brad Murray was a superstar, often played hurt but was as hard as nails. Loved his leadership and was a jet. If he was a tad quicker he would’ve played plenty of AFL footy.

Nice post mate.Brad Murray was a superstar, often played hurt but was as hard as nails. Loved his leadership and was a jet. If he was a tad quicker he would’ve played plenty of AFL footy.

Would of been first picked most weeks I dare say, in a very good side too. Unsure if they all played together at once, but a midfield with Murray, Casey, Pollock, Height.. Mcglone/Archard? Or were they a few years later..

I would suspect you can’t name too many midfields tougher and more balanced then that in country footy. Who was the ruckman during that period?

Shaun Huy was another very good player. By memory was very very good in a close qualifying final against Echuca in 2011 that probably determined the premiers that year.

I brought the Riv today and it was terrible coverage. Few lines and No quotes from Coaches and lacking insight!

Cats by a whisker
Magpies to fly home
Bombers away back in the winning list
Lions to roar
Demons to give ‘em hell
Murray bombers to blow it up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Benalla are pretty good shot against Ky with some key players missing. I think Rochy will be be too sharp for Mooroopna 5 to 7 goals and I think Tat at home against United can get back on the winners list in a tight one.

Nice post mate. Guessing you played for Rochy in the early 2010 's based upon your previous posts! It was a fabulous league for many years! The 80's, 90's particularly had truckloads of AFL players straight out of the system the year prior.

A question: Do any teams have players straight out of the AFL system who have played games the year prior? If Logan Austin and Joe Atley play in the same team this year ...

Just putting on Hill24's spare pair of glasses. Yellow and black! 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back