Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
So what's the story roar, there's more innuendo than a Caro Wilson article so far on this thread?
My understanding is GVL clubs are banding together to support someone they care about and aren't to happy with the contempt they have been shown recently .
Fill in the gaps as you see fit , but don't be surprised if the GVL under goes significant change over the next few months , but I am mindful talk is cheap.

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
Sounds like an Alastair Clarkson Sam mitchell succession plan in the gv hub, where the understudy has tried or forced the op manager or is trying too out the door and clubs aren't impressed
Could sound like anything... coz no one's really saying anything

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think this actually in support of Jamie. I believe that someone has been doing everything in their power to discredit and make Jamie's life very difficult. The culprit has been white anting him for sometime. These types of people are parasites, driven by personal insecurities and more often than not have only achieved a minuscule amount of the person they are nailing.Jamie is a great asset to the region; the perpetrator not so.
Just getting myself up to speed on this issue.

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
[/QUOTE]
My info is this goes well above posting on big footy, let's change the subject

Any other coaches pulling the pin after the season?
Any word on who's coaching swans after Hawke?
Good idea! Just my thoughts I'd think Osborne, Lamont, Kirby, Owens, Rowan. Davey. Edwards/Mattingly & Stroobants would all be going on, I'd be thinking Yze & Ahmat would be keen to continue but might depend on the Bears ability to source a Coach of a higher profile with more pulling power, Palpratt has travelled from Bendigo to Coach Benalla so that would be dependant on how he has handled the travelling I'd guess, Walker & Maddox have been at it for a while now Ringo would be better placed to predict if those two will go on but they have done a great job getting Echuca back up there after a 7 year absence from finals I think it was.

B.O.G.

Senior List
Nov 27, 2006
6ft under
AFL Club
Melbourne

Good idea! Just my thoughts I'd think Osborne, Lamont, Kirby, Owens, Rowan. Davey. Edwards/Mattingly & Stroobants would all be going on, I'd be thinking Yze & Ahmat would be keen to continue but might depend on the Bears ability to source a Coach of a higher profile with more pulling power, Palpratt has travelled from Bendigo to Coach Benalla so that would be dependant on how he has handled the travelling I'd guess, Walker & Maddox have been at it for a while now Ringo would be better placed to predict if those two will go on but they have done a great job getting Echuca back up there after a 7 year absence from finals I think it was.
[/QUOTE]

Its my understanding that Osborne isn't going to continue

Last edited:

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Its my understanding that Osborne isn't going to continue
[/QUOTE]
Yeah Ok I guess some of these guys have be in charge for almost 2 years completed 2 Pre- Seasons and played 10 games! So you could see how that could take it's toll as well. Former Tatura Coach Paul Serra is one of the Assistants at United this year so he could be a possible candidate to take over.

The Speciman

Senior List
Apr 12, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
On a more positive note, who is everyone’s favourite to win the premiership pending we have a decider?

My take on a the contenders:

Seymour are looking great, currently undefeated and playing well, hard not to have them up their. Their backline is there asset, and set up well behind play.

Echuca are going okay, haven’t proven themselves yet or to be able to get it done on the big stage, time will tell. Getting in done at present so finals will be interesting.

Euroa, I think have a good list and are a big contender, flying under the radar imo and have a great midfield. Could take some scalps on September.

Kyabram, hard to discredit Kyabram, been so good for so long, a lot of injuries at present and not playing too well, but play them on the last day in September if you dare.

1 of these 4 sides will win the flag IMO, no discredit to whoever finishes 5th and 6th but the gap between 1-4 and the rest of the comp is too large this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah Ok I guess some of these guys have be in charge for almost 2 years completed 2 Pre- Seasons and played 10 games! So you could see how that could take it's toll as well. Former Tatura Coach Paul Serra is one of the Assistants at United this year so he could be a possible candidate to take over.
United’s current board have apparently turned around the clubs alleged long term financial woes . They may be in the position to land a big name and put some experienced players around their talented juniors .

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
United’s current board have apparently turned around the clubs alleged long term financial woes . They may be in the position to land a big name and put some experienced players around their talented juniors .
United would have one of the older lists on average in the Comp with the likes Scott , Gillespie, Neaves, McLean, Rendina, Vidler & Pedretti running around. Wren would be considered an experienced player as well these days.

Blues1977

All Australian
Mar 15, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
On a more positive note, who is everyone’s favourite to win the premiership pending we have a decider?

My take on a the contenders:

Seymour are looking great, currently undefeated and playing well, hard not to have them up their. Their backline is there asset, and set up well behind play.

Echuca are going okay, haven’t proven themselves yet or to be able to get it done on the big stage, time will tell. Getting in done at present so finals will be interesting.

Euroa, I think have a good list and are a big contender, flying under the radar imo and have a great midfield. Could take some scalps on September.

Kyabram, hard to discredit Kyabram, been so good for so long, a lot of injuries at present and not playing too well, but play them on the last day in September if you dare.

1 of these 4 sides will win the flag IMO, no discredit to whoever finishes 5th and 6th but the gap between 1-4 and the rest of the comp is too large this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree with you on those ones Spec! The top 4 all but locked away.

IMO:

Seymour - A great start to the season (cannot under appreciate that) but they will need to get players back from injury and be playing at their best to go all the way come September. Seem to struggle a bit at Deakin.
Euroa - Flying under the radar. Come warm weather when the speed, pace and skill increase they have a few players who could really take a hold of finals footy. Hayes, Giobbi, Davies, Gleeson to name a few. Will be tough without trotter but if they gain momentum and can close to their best form they'll give it a shake Im certain.
Echuca - Cruising a long at the moment. IMO if they can get Byrne back on the park at CHF they would make a huge difference to their line up. Morris a big point of difference. I think they can make the big dance at lets say 80% of their best. Where as Seymour and Euroa will need to be 90+%
Kyabram - Im a firm believer you never go against them until they get done. Proven they can do it at the right time of year. Time will tell with the bombers but with L. Smith in your side its a big chance. 6 goals, 15 marks sort of day on the cards for Smithy.

However, in today's age anything is possible. Things change hourly around this place!

Exciting finish. Lets just hope we can get back into it!

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
United would have one of the older lists on average in the Comp with the likes Scott , Gillespie, Neaves, McLean, Rendina, Vidler & Pedretti running around. Wren would be considered an experienced player as well these days.
Unfortunately of those are closer to 40 than 30. I was meaning bringing in 25-30 year olds who have VFL / AFL experience .

Back