Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be stepping into the hot seat straight away, looking at restructuring league's, however their main concern will be to bring in as much money to the league hq as possible and make it difficult to break away with no financial assistance

Interesting to note those thoughts Ringo. Flanagan left TAC cup football stating that he didnt want to be involved in footy any more then out of nowhere he is touted as boss of AFL Victoria. He is a good fellow but surely a new direction/ blood is needed and not more "jobs for the boys' appointments.

League count tonight. You would usually assume players in the bottom 4-5 teams wouldn't be a chance as their respective side wouldn't have won enough games, suggesting that the medalist is to come from Echuca, Euroa, Seymour, Ky, Rochester, Mooroopna, Benalla or Mansfield.

Taking a real punt on a top 5 in no order: Keogh (Ky), Morris (Ech), Mahoney (M/Field), O'Sullivan (Sey) & Austin (Rochy).

Smokies would be P. Marks (M/field) & C.Crisp (Ben)

Squire, Sullivan & Fothergill all honourable mentions but won't win enough games to be in the hunt.

Who are you taking?????

Last edited:
League count tonight. You would usually assume players in the bottom 4-5 teams wouldn't be a chance as their respective side wouldn't have won enough games, suggesting that the medalist is to come from Echuca, Euroa, Seymour, Ky, Rochester, Mooroopna, Benalla or Mansfield.

Taking a real punt on a top 5 in no order: Keogh (Ky), Morris (Ech), Mahoney (M/Field), O'Sullivan (Sey) & Austin (Rochy).

Smokies would be P. Marks (M/field) & C.Crisp (Ben)

Squire, Sullivan & Fothergill all honourable mentions but won't win enough games to be in the hunt.

Who are you taking?????

I notice Lucas Caccaviello from Mooroopna has been invited to the count. Only in the best a few times for moooroopna but definitely stood out in the games I watched being so small and usually takes the game on, has a nice little step and Joel Selwood shrug on him. Could be a Smokey

I notice Lucas Caccaviello from Mooroopna has been invited to the count. Only in the best a few times for moooroopna but definitely stood out in the games I watched being so small and usually takes the game on, has a nice little step and Joel Selwood shrug on him. Could be a Smokey

Oh is there an invites list????? that might change my punt!

Looks like wrens gone back to Rochy, is this the start of a big exodus?
Wren is a great get for Rochy but the Tigers tend to tread water in these situations.

Logan Austin and Isiaih Miller both gone. Wren is far better than Miller, but 195cm ex-AFL players don't grow on trees. The Harper boys have re-signed but Bartels will be an interesting watch. Good player I reckon. But did arrive with Miller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW for someone who advocates so much to mental health why are you so negative, can't we have a little good news and have something to celebrate.
Excuse me lol! What’s it go to do with MH? There was no premiership side there should be no medal. It’s an opinion and neither negative nor positive and also a question. Does this years Morrison Medallist stack up against names such as Ash, Code, Height, Buckley, Solomon after 9 games? It’s not a true indication if you have played more poor sides than strong ones . The last round was a joke with players not playing so make that 8 games! It’s not a true indicator. Nothing to do with MH ..I take offence to that !

Jack O'Sullivan polled 22 Votes to Win the Morrison 7 votes in front of Keogh so I think he can claim to be a deserving Winner. Well Done! Played in a Flag with Romsey as a youngster and progressed to play a better standard. Either did a Pre Season or played some matches with Collingwood in the VFL at one point.

Huge effort by Jack O’Sullivan to win the count by 7 votes crossing from a district league that’s not bad standard but nothing compared to GVFL standard.

It's a massive jump from the riddell district league. It's not so great football down there so he has well and truly made an impact at GVFL standard. Great to see the young fella rewarded after a great season as you said Olly. Definitely has the ability to play at the VFL level like a few of his team mates.

Huge effort by Jack O’Sullivan to win the count by 7 votes crossing from a district league that’s not bad standard but nothing compared to GVFL standard.
I’d say it also gives indication that the step up from
Community league to GVL isn’t as big as it once was .

WOW for someone who advocates so much to mental health why are you so negative, can't we have a little good news and have something to celebrate.
One person celebrates it 20 others think they’ve been ripped off and the remaining couldn’t care. I think you’ll find ringo’s point is the watering down of the medal given the various compromises that have happened during the year .
Given only 60% of scheduled games were played it is probably a valid point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back