Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The majority of Benalla boys have stuck pretty loyal to the club, maybe mellington, Smith, rockliff and a few others head back. Seems pretty serious situation though

I think that a lot of their good players wanted a change of scenery, and have head to myrtleford, add that there's nothing for young guys in Benalla to stay, maybe some can't be bothered travelling etc, I may be a bit biased but they are pretty well run off the field since they've being in the gv
Why would you be biased about Benalla? Are you involved there Trent?

The majority of Benalla boys have stuck pretty loyal to the club, maybe mellington, Smith, rockliff and a few others head back. Seems pretty serious situation though

I think that a lot of their good players wanted a change of scenery, and have head to myrtleford, add that there's nothing for young guys in Benalla to stay, maybe some can't be bothered travelling etc, I may be a bit biased but they are pretty well run off the field since they've being in the gv

Mennan, Martyn, Warnock & Webster all top 6 players who have moved on. Really hurts the club thats for sure. Change of scenery can be a reason for people leaving but you'd suggest that if everyone was enjoying their time at the club them they wouldn't want that change of scenery. The I need a "change of scenery" quote is usually from those who are stale or sick of their environment.

Since 2013 the saints have been a pretty good side with these ladder finishes - 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 3rd, 7th, 7th. The past two seasons they have finished 7th which is just outside the top 6 so its not like they have really bottomed away at all. They have always been really competitive senior side and now they are in strife! Sad to see for the saints. Fingers crossed!

Mennan, Martyn, Warnock & Webster all top 6 players who have moved on. Really hurts the club thats for sure. Change of scenery can be a reason for people leaving but you'd suggest that if everyone was enjoying their time at the club them they wouldn't want that change of scenery. The I need a "change of scenery" quote is usually from those who are stale or sick of their environment.

Since 2013 the saints have been a pretty good side with these ladder finishes - 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 3rd, 7th, 7th. The past two seasons they have finished 7th which is just outside the top 6 so its not like they have really bottomed away at all. They have always been really competitive senior side and now they are in strife! Sad to see for the saints. Fingers crossed!
Youd think most of those guys would have played since 13, that's 8 years, you'd think finishing 7th two years in a row, you may get stale and need a change, then it flows onto the rest of the guys, if rockliff or Waite came back, then you'd imagine everyone stays

And fly, no I'm not directly involved at Benalla

Football related but not football

Called into Tat Park today to do a delivery to IDW.
Good to see a few players working at the food hall.

They made a decent egg and bacon sandwich
Rumours have it that there is change coming and it’s unlikely the event will be held in the future ( or at Tat ) for a number of reasons which doesn’t bode well for Tat FC as I’d suspect it is a good fundraiser for them .
Added : ‘ or at Tat ‘

Last edited:
Totally forgot about the points system..... That may trouble the lions... Lets say Pinnuck for example plays every game at Werribee and doesn't feature for the lions this season. Does that mean next year he will drop a point in the points system? Or do you need to represent the club rather than just sign for them?
5 games in a season for the club to drop a point

Not from around the gv but it’s got me absolutely staggered that a town the size of Benalla can be struggling to field both footy and netball sides in a major league comp. Has to be more to it than Covid or players moving to Melbourne etc. I know that they played in the omfl back in the day but aren’t they geographically better suited to that league?
Their junior program was completely removed from under them which was always going to have a massive impact .

Their junior program was completely removed from under them which was always going to have a massive impact .

Again, our sport is an eco-system. We need health at all levels to ensure the clubs we love can survive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rumours have it that there is change coming and it’s unlikely the event will be held in the future ( or at Tat ) for a number of reasons which doesn’t bode well for Tat FC as I’d suspect it is a good fundraiser for them .
Added : ‘ or at Tat ‘
Had a chat with an ex Tat FNC President who I believe you know Roar. He tells me he’s confident that dairy week is locked in at Tat for the next five years.

Had a chat with an ex Tat FNC President who I believe you know Roar. He tells me he’s confident that dairy week is locked in at Tat for the next five years.
Yes I know John Maher . I have no doubt that the indication from the organisers is that it will be held at Tat . However , if even less exhibitors support it going forward , which is the indication , I’d suspect it will be unsustainable .
Nagambie or Elmore may be the benefactors .
I’d estimate it was 40% smaller this year , despite other similar yet smaller events being well attended .

Yes I know John Maher . I have no doubt that the indication from the organisers is that it will be held at Tat . However , if even less exhibitors support it going forward , which is the indication , I’d suspect it will be unsustainable .
Nagambie or Elmore may be the benefactors .
I’d estimate it was 40% smaller this year , despite other similar yet smaller events being well attended .
To be fair though Roar, surely the event is less attended this year due to Covid?

Again, our sport is an eco-system. We need health at all levels to ensure the clubs we love can survive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Numbers at Under 18's - 3rds level have been a major concern for sometime - now I have Reserves numbers at GV level are right there with it now. Most GV Coaches are try to run copy cat AFL/VFL training models alot of the time if you are a fringe or a regular Reserves players the District Football landscape is more enjoyable for them on and off the field. Not sure there is an obvious fix to that either.

Numbers at Under 18's - 3rds level have been a major concern for sometime - now I have Reserves numbers at GV level are right there with it now. Most GV Coaches are try to run copy cat AFL/VFL training models alot of the time if you are a fringe or a regular Reserves players the District Football landscape is more enjoyable for them on and off the field. Not sure there is an obvious fix to that either.
Why do they try copy AFL clubs? They are totally different environments, some major league clubs expect senior players to wear dress pants and shoes to games, not sure how that makes you play better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do they try copy AFL clubs? They are totally different environments, some major league clubs expect senior players to wear dress pants and shoes to games, not sure how that makes you play better
Only reason could be marketability by projecting a more professional organisation. In today’s environment I would think sponsors are more likely to engage with a club who openly places health and well being of its members as a priority .

I hear that the GVL are looking at live-streaming 1 match of football and netball with full commentary per week , plus finals .
Was suggested that to do so correctly would cost in the vacinity of $70k.
Tenders have been sent out and it’s been suggested that the plan is to commit to live streaming and then try to sell advertising to a O&M level .
It’s a very strange move given predominately the same league board knocked back the offer from mcmedia to do one game per week and print all records at no cost not so long ago .
It’s highly unlikely that live-streaming vision of country footy can be done so without significant cost.

Only reason could be marketability by projecting a more professional organisation. In today’s environment I would think sponsors are more likely to engage with a club who openly places health and well being of its members as a priority .
'Outside the Locker Room' is attempting to partner with Goulburn/Murray Football leagues at minimum costs to clubs. IMO all clubs need to have a program that supports players, coaches, committees and volunteers. It's a no brainer.

'Outside the Locker Room' is attempting to partner with Goulburn/Murray Football leagues at minimum costs to clubs. IMO all clubs need to have a program that supports players, coaches, committees and volunteers. It's a no brainer.
Has this been done via the commission ? They might need to contact leagues directly .

Get rid of the Academies. Too many kids told they are not good enough at an age when they should be in it for the fun and development as a player and person. They become disillusioned with the game. Keep kids at their local clubs as much as possible. The longer the current system continues, the weaker country football is becoming.

Get rid of the Academies. Too many kids told they are not good enough at an age when they should be in it for the fun and development as a player and person. They become disillusioned with the game. Keep kids at their local clubs as much as possible. The longer the current system continues, the weaker country football is becoming.
Couldn't agree more.

Really sad to see the Saints advertising on social media for players , such dire circumstances for many clubs struggling for players and/or staff. Hoping for a 2022 where we can spend our Saturdays/Sundays at the footy.

Really sad to see the Saints advertising on social media for players , such dire circumstances for many clubs struggling for players and/or staff. Hoping for a 2022 where we can spend our Saturdays/Sundays at the footy.
Even Sadder to see Josh Wild from Kyabram under the alias as David Roacher on Facebook laughing at their plight.
No one should like to see a community club struggle not matter the personal history

Attachments

• F9E6040F-F132-453D-9719-62660CF4AEF4.png
    F9E6040F-F132-453D-9719-62660CF4AEF4.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 3BC44B58-7517-4031-B75B-0F782E19A5C3.jpeg
    3BC44B58-7517-4031-B75B-0F782E19A5C3.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 94
For the life of me I have no idea why people continue to do this crap online. Is he still a registered Ky player? If so, I'm not sure he is adding any value to the club. If Benalla go under then it affects the whole town in so many ways. From what I'm hearing the GV is almost two clubs down heading into the season.

For the life of me I have no idea why people continue to do this crap online. Is he still a registered Ky player? If so, I'm not sure he is adding any value to the club. If Benalla go under then it affects the whole town in so many ways. From what I'm hearing the GV is almost two clubs down heading into the season.
Who's the other one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back