Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The league had dark times before the hub too didn’t it

At least you can see where the money went that causes some of the lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking more about the Keith Wellman governance. Bott was shite. The AFL era has been Bott-like.

Yep but it amuses me the dies hard GV followers always think the times pre AFL era has always been rosey.

Reading the article the League spent a lot of money of getting the stats.

Does the league really need that stuff. Or if it does. Get the clubs to pay for it. They are the ones that want to be semi professional.

Yep but it amuses me the dies hard GV followers always think the times pre AFL era has always been rosey.

Reading the article the League spent a lot of money of getting the stats.

Does the league really need that stuff. Or if it does. Get the clubs to pay for it. They are the ones that want to be semi professional.

I don't know what the Stats cost ( Do you post? would be interested to know) but the live stream weekly works against the gate of the Clubs that host appears an issue. In the AFL they make a bomb out of the TV rights I can't imagine the couple of token sponsors for the live stream generate to much. By all means put the game up the next day but going head to head with the gate particularly when it gets a bit cold and wet would cost money through the gate and catering.

2014 -Article on Keith Wellman

1E8CABBC-D8E6-4197-B70B-0B7972BCD482.jpeg D3F1C391-397E-49EC-83A3-469F274567B0.jpeg

Recent Shepp News Article -
04168DDC-F624-4375-93B9-D5E7576436CC.jpeg
Does anyone know if dunkirk avenue was acquired under the Bott era and if so did the $100k debt left with or without Dunkirk included ?
If acquired during his time and the debt of $100k was merely cash debt, but excluded assetts , then the performance of that era was actually quite good particularly considering the standing the league had within country vic footy .

Last edited:
2014 -Article on Keith Wellman

View attachment 1561763View attachment 1561764

Recent Shepp News Article -
View attachment 1561765
Does anyone know if dunkirk avenue was acquired under the Bott era and if so did the $100k debt left with or without Dunkirk included ?
If acquired during his time and the debt of $100k was merely cash debt, but excluded assetts , then the performance of that era was actually quite good particularly considering the standing the league had within country vic footy .
Wellman took over after bott, so they took over the 150k in front

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wellman took over after bott, so they took over the 150k in front
Aware that Keith took over from
Bott , but when did dunkirk get purchased during Bott’s stint or Keith’s 2007-2014 stint ? Assume ‘ they took over 150k in front ‘ is reference to when Keith left and not considering the assetts ( Dunkirk )

Last edited:
Foote and Cardamone seemingly have strong progressive business’ which they established , so they should bring plenty to the table .
That is by no means any attempt to disrespect the outgoing members or John Byrne whose business acronym I am not aware of .
I think Byrnesy has plenty to offer. A terrific person, with high end relationship skills. Has been in education for years and would've acquired a range of skills. I think he will give a good balance to the board, is approachable and just a great person!

I think Byrnesy has plenty to offer. A terrific person, with high end relationship skills. Has been in education for years and would've acquired a range of skills. I think he will give a good balance to the board, is approachable and just a great person!
What do they need to improve?

What do they need to improve?
Umpire recruitment/retention, the development of junior football and perhaps future planning in regards to demographics. Echuca will continue to be strong due to the towns continual growth. It might be time to look at Moama entering the league in the next 5 years.Keep attempting to promote the league and raising its profile. The league has some good people to direct it and grow it on the board.

I don’t think we should hold being in the education department against I’m sure there are good people in every field/ workforce.
ringo1 GrassKat

Any leads ?
78d6d7353256add69493d58e479400f0.jpg

Has Josh Mellington committed to the Saints?

I don't know what the Stats cost ( Do you post? would be interested to know) but the live stream weekly works against the gate of the Clubs that host appears an issue. In the AFL they make a bomb out of the TV rights I can't imagine the couple of token sponsors for the live stream generate to much. By all means put the game up the next day but going head to head with the gate particularly when it gets a bit cold and wet would cost money through the gate and catering.
The stats are ok but the issue I have is the repeat articles based around them. I don't care about individual stats but would prefer to know about the key moments in the articles. The game reports are pretty average these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back