Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to hear from an opposition supporter. We’ve had our struggles for sure and rebuilding has taken a bit but as a spectator I really think we arnt to far away over the next couple years to being back around the mark.

We lack some big blokes at the moment and depth is something we are building. Injuries are hard to cover.

We played 4 thirds kids on the weekend. Two in their first game,
9 kids either still in thirds or first year out of thirds. And I think it’s something like 16-17 players 22 and under.
The last couple weeks have been pretty solid despite what the end score has been. And improvement is definitely there.

Kyabram kicked the first 5 goals last week in about 7 minutes then I think we lost the remainder of the game by 3 goals, against rochy I thought we were in the game a long way through.
Overall I think there’s a really good feel at the club and like said we will hopefully be back soon enough

The two Atley boys were surely a handful the other day that’s for sure.
Good to hear the Swans are building Onlooker. I see your 18's are also strong which is positive for the future.

Unlucky for the Swans, as neither Shaun or Joe Atley will play in the next four weeks.

Euroa outclassed Mooroopna today. They’re a big bodied side that’s for sure. They pushed the lighter Mooroopna bodies around a bit. I was impressed by Euroa’s performance.
Should be a ripper when they play another big bodied well coached side in Echuca. Hopefully the much vaunted GVFL live stream works for that one!

Any reason why the weekender doesn’t have the 2022 goal kickers in it ? Still stuck in 2021
If referring to goal kickers ladder , it may be because goals are not tallied upon playhq , whilst if referring to weekly goal kickers it may be because it is not able to be easily retrieved from play hq .

If referring to goal kickers ladder , it may be because goals are not tallied upon playhq , whilst if referring to weekly goal kickers it may be because it is not able to be easily retrieved from play hq .

Sorry, meant tallied goal kickers.

You can blame PlayHQ. But interesting enough the Shepp News seems to be able to do a list

Sorry, meant tallied goal kickers.

You can blame PlayHQ. But interesting enough the Shepp News seems to be able to do a list

Okay guys here are some stats from the first 5 rounds

Disposals leaders after 5 Rounds
  1. Chris Jansen, Rochester 146, 29.2 average per game
  2. Jack Murphy, Seymour 144, 28.8Avg
  3. Joel Serra, United 136, 27.2Avg
  4. James Martiniello, Benalla 126, 25.2Avg
  5. Riley Smith, Echuca 125, 25 Avg

Stand out performances

Chris Jansen Rochester, round four versus Shepparton United

29 Kicks
11 Handballs
40 Disposals
11 Clearances
3 Goals

Bryden Squire Shepparton Swans, round 5 versus Kyabram

21 Kicks
18 Handballs
39 Disposals
8 Clearances
6 Tackles

Jack Hunt Mooroopna, round one versus Shepparton Bears

22 Kicks
17 Handballs
39 Disposals
20 Handball Receives
77% Efficiency

Andrew Walker Echuca round four versus Mansfield
27 Kicks
10 Handballs
37 Disposals
13 contested possession
12 Inside 50s
2 Goals

Note that no stats were made available for the following teams in round four Shepparton Swans, Euroa, Tatura, Shepparton Bears
Will do an update after I get round 6 stats

Gv has announced its interleague side, what are people’s thoughts?

Attachments

• 953C90E2-61F2-461F-A7F7-AFB51ADCE8E4.png
    953C90E2-61F2-461F-A7F7-AFB51ADCE8E4.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 85F20A6A-47DC-4FEB-93B3-9C56E6311AD0.png
    85F20A6A-47DC-4FEB-93B3-9C56E6311AD0.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 188
  • E793E33F-69E0-4EB0-B42D-B07473A28467.jpeg
    E793E33F-69E0-4EB0-B42D-B07473A28467.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 183

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay guys here are some stats from the first 5 rounds

Disposals leaders after 5 Rounds
  1. Chris Jansen, Rochester 146, 29.2 average per game
  2. Jack Murphy, Seymour 144, 28.8Avg
  3. Joel Serra, United 136, 27.2Avg
  4. James Martiniello, Benalla 126, 25.2Avg
  5. Riley Smith, Echuca 125, 25 Avg

Stand out performances

Chris Jansen Rochester, round four versus Shepparton United

29 Kicks
11 Handballs
40 Disposals
11 Clearances
3 Goals

Bryden Squire Shepparton Swans, round 5 versus Kyabram

21 Kicks
18 Handballs
39 Disposals
8 Clearances
6 Tackles

Jack Hunt Mooroopna, round one versus Shepparton Bears

22 Kicks
17 Handballs
39 Disposals
20 Handball Receives
77% Efficiency

Andrew Walker Echuca round four versus Mansfield
27 Kicks
10 Handballs
37 Disposals
13 contested possession
12 Inside 50s
2 Goals

Note that no stats were made available for the following teams in round four Shepparton Swans, Euroa, Tatura, Shepparton Bears
Will do an update after I get round 6 stats

Great update Stats. Does the league do stats now? Wouldn't have thought they would have the ability considering they couldn't organise one bloody live stream!

Some good names floating around for the GV. Smith, Reid, Trotter, Hutchins & Hartley all great players but need to remember the O&M side is full of stars! Could be a tough day.

No disrespect but it has lost its identity. It's a one off game that really doesn't mean much. The old format of playing through to a GF was awesome. Players built great relationships , and interest from clubs and supporters was high. The O&M is that far ahead of the GV atm! Even if the GV managed to beat them the O&M is a mile ahead in so many areas.

No disrespect but it has lost its identity. It's a one off game that really doesn't mean much. The old format of playing through to a GF was awesome. Players built great relationships , and interest from clubs and supporters was high. The O&M is that far ahead of the GV atm! Even if the GV managed to beat them the O&M is a mile ahead in so many areas.
Some great players in the GV squad but obviously some good ones unavailable. Great that Paul Newman has put his hand up and got some Kyabram boys involved. That said, I do agree that the O&M are miles ahead on and off the field.

Some great players in the GV squad but obviously some good ones unavailable. Great that Paul Newman has put his hand up and got some Kyabram boys involved. That said, I do agree that the O&M are miles ahead on and off the field.
I have spoken with a guy who is involved with the O&M Interleague & from all reports (and as always) are taking interleague very serious... Whole team have hotel rooms in Shepparton for the night before the game, team meeting & team dinner organised.... O&M have always highly rated interleague round.

I have spoken with a guy who is involved with the O&M Interleague & from all reports (and as always) are taking interleague very serious... Whole team have hotel rooms in Shepparton for the night before the game, team meeting & team dinner organised.... O&M have always highly rated interleague round.
When is the game?

Might have to get Fev up and take the om boys out Friday night in Shepp

Neville Jetta to take the field for Tatura.
Advertised on their Facebook page.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back