Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions have been maimed with injuries. Before the disastrous run of wounded soldiers, they were clearly in the top three teams.

I went and watched yesterday. Winter-Irving made his return which was pleasing to see, probably a bit off it as expected but a few more runs and he will be back up and running. Hartley played on 1 leg, not sure what it was maybe a knee or foot but certainly wasn't moving well and just sat in the square most of the day.

If these two key forwards get up and running in the next few weeks and they get their ruckman back in alongside 1-2 more of their injury list then the Lion could sneak in the bottom end of that 6 I think.

I went and watched yesterday. Winter-Irving made his return which was pleasing to see, probably a bit off it as expected but a few more runs and he will be back up and running. Hartley played on 1 leg, not sure what it was maybe a knee or foot but certainly wasn't moving well and just sat in the square most of the day.

If these two key forwards get up and running in the next few weeks and they get their ruckman back in alongside 1-2 more of their injury list then the Lion could sneak in the bottom end of that 6 I think.
If Seymour were to finish 6th (they can go higher) then I don't think I'd fancy being part of the 3 V 6 final. Third spot may not be much fun this season.

If Seymour were to finish 6th (they can go higher) then I don't think I'd fancy being part of the 3 V 6 final. Third spot may not be much fun this season.
Had a look at the fixture today and (although it is uneven) I suspect Mansfield will finish 3rd on the ladder.
Based upon teams and where they are currently positioned (higher beats lower, or home team wins ... which is flawed anyway) I have a ladder like this:

Euroa 64
Echuca 64
Mansfield 60
Rochester 48
Mooroopna 44
Seymour 44
Kyabram 44

Mansfield could easily win every game prior to the finals. The only top sides they play are Rochester (away) next Round and Mooroopna (away) later on. They also play Kyabram at home. They are currenly level or ahead of all three. If they win all three job done. Rochester only play Mooroopna and Mansfield (both away) Mansfield and Rochester have a far easier draw over the final rounds than Mooroopna, Kyabram or Seymour.

Obviously any amount of factors could change these results but it's a long term view.

Last edited:
Had a look at the fixture today and (although it is uneven) I suspect Mansfield will finish 3rd on the ladder.
Based upon teams and where they are currently positioned (higher beats lower, or home team wins ... which is flawed anyway) I have a ladder like this:

Euroa 64
Echuca 64
Mansfield 60
Rochester 48
Mooroopna 44
Seymour 44
Kyabram 44

Mansfield could easily win every game prior to the finals. The only top sides they play are Rochester (away) next Round and Mooroopna (away) later on. They also play Kyabram at home. They are currenly level or ahead of all three. If they win all three job done. Rochester only play Mooroopna and Mansfield (both away) Mansfield and Rochester have a far easier draw over the final rounds than Mooroopna, Kyabram or Seymour.

Obviously any amount of factors could change these results but it's a long term view.

Looks good Silver! Looks like Seymour V Mooroopna & Seymour V Kyabram are the two games that may dictate what happens between 5-7th spot!

Anyone clicked through GVL data via the Shepp news? I reckon its an awesome insight to local football. 10-12 different aritcles/write ups about teams and players. Really good stuff, finally the GV pulling some weight!
First time for a while I actually believe I got my $ 1-60s worth really enjoyed looking up players stats ect

Last edited:
Looking through the GVL data an is that Michael Barlow running around for United? Pretty handy player to have!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone clicked through GVL data via the Shepp news? I reckon its an awesome insight to local football. 10-12 different aritcles/write ups about teams and players. Really good stuff, finally the GV pulling some weight!
The stats are bull
Our 2 rucks did not have 60 hit outs between them
We thought the rochy ruck went ok

Looking through the GVL data an is that Michael Barlow running around for United? Pretty handy player to have!

He played on Saturday for United was a guest speaker at their Sponsors Day I heard. Coaching Werribee @ VFL level so wouldn't be available for many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stats are bull
Our 2 rucks did not have 60 hit outs between them
We thought the rochy ruck went ok
Hit outs would be one of the harder stats to judge watching back on film as a lot of hit-outs are 50:50 or the ball smacks into the loosing ruck mans hand or their is just a mid air clash of hands & ball....

Big fella from Echuca Morris with the 1 disposal and 12 hit outs on weekend guessing he got injured ?

Good pick up mooroopna Jackson Trengove is now a cat he will give them a real boost

Good pick up mooroopna Jackson Trengove is now a cat he will give them a real boost

Great …… just in time for Rochy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back