Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t got a name yet mate but told by someone in the inner at United that a Northern Bullant gun is a big chance let’s hope so
I'm not sure too many bullants were guns, they wouldn't have beaten Echuca, Yarrawonga or Wang. I hope they move to area, coaches living remotely, coaching struggling teams is only ever going to end in disaster

Any news about what’s happening at United? Still no coach?
I'm not sure if he's still living in the area, but if he is, why wouldn't United go after Jamie macri, he knows the footy landscape, and hes been a better non-playing coach, then playing coach when he's coached, also has a good history of developing young players

Any other signings at Tat after their appointment of Barnard?

Other Shepp area-based clubs seem quite
Bears only a few trickled in from minor leagues of previous players at the club.
Mooroopna and Swans have nothing at all, and United haven't revealed a coach so I can't expect too much news from them.

I'm not sure too many bullants were guns, they wouldn't have beaten Echuca, Yarrawonga or Wang. I hope they move to area, coaches living remotely, coaching struggling teams is only ever going to end in disaster
The Bullant's really struggled but if United could get Tom Wilson, the skipper to do the job that would be huge. He can play!

I'm not sure if he's still living in the area, but if he is, why wouldn't United go after Jamie macri, he knows the footy landscape, and hes been a better non-playing coach, then playing coach when he's coached, also has a good history of developing young players
Another Collingwood supporter who has done a bit of coaching was spotted walking his dog around the local streets lately , giving indication he has moved backed to the area . Maybe he is in the market for a coaching gig .
You know of anything about this ringo1

Last edited:
Another Collingwood supporter who has done a bit smif coaching was spotted walking his dog around the local streets lately , giving indication he has moved backed to the area . Maybe he is in the market for a coaching gig .
You know if anything about this ringo1
Haha just a quick break mate, although there is no place like home!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of coaches big rumour Stevie J is coaching Yarrawonga next year in the O&M.
That means you've got Reid, miles, broomhead, Simpson, Murray, schneider all coaches with AFL experience. And crezza and German have left. Same salary in the om and gv, why are so many choosing to go up there and live. The gv will have walker and Barnard as well as Lamont only, I'm not saying you need AFL experience look at Todd viney moama, but geez it gives clubs a lift and attracts recruits

That means you've got Reid, miles, broomhead, Simpson, Murray, schneider all coaches with AFL experience. And crezza and German have left. Same salary in the om and gv, why are so many choosing to go up there and live. The gv will have walker and Barnard as well as Lamont only, I'm not saying you need AFL experience look at Todd viney moama, but geez it gives clubs a lift and attracts recruits
Probably the main reason Trent is the lifestyle and employment opportunities although with German he was living in Corowa and family was in Melbourne. Then he leaves for ‘family’ reasons and then bobs up with a new role in Perth.

No disrespect but if you are making a lifestyle decision, the north east is a more attractive proposition than Shepparton. Apart from Echuca and Mansfield and Seymour where you can be Melbourne based, the other options from a lifestyle and tree change perspective probably aren’t that appealing.

Probably the main reason Trent is the lifestyle and employment opportunities although with German he was living in Corowa and family was in Melbourne. Then he leaves for ‘family’ reasons and then bobs up with a new role in Perth.

No disrespect but if you are making a lifestyle decision, the north east is a more attractive proposition than Shepparton. Apart from Echuca and Mansfield and Seymour where you can be Melbourne based, the other options from a lifestyle and tree change perspective probably aren’t that appealing.
German did previously coach Subiaco so it is a return west for him. Tom German, his nephew and former Mansfield player has been announced as the new Spotswood coach. Those towns with a tourist focus are certainly at an advantage when trying to entice players and coaches.

I'd think euroa would attract Melbourne based people, and you could live around Nagambie and coach Shepp or tat, it's funny people didn't care as much 25 years ago, the gv got plenty of ex AFL to coach and play

I'd think euroa would attract Melbourne based people, and you could live around Nagambie and coach Shepp or tat, it's funny people didn't care as much 25 years ago, the gv got plenty of ex AFL to coach and play
Don’t disagree Trent although times have changed and the money/ incentives aren’t as great now so things like jobs and lifestyle are now influencing factors in the decision making process when trying to attract coaches and recruits.

Don’t disagree Trent although times have changed and the money/ incentives aren’t as great now so things like jobs and lifestyle are now influencing factors in the decision making process when trying to attract coaches and recruits.

Money in country footy s bigger than ever…it just doesn’t go as far

*Ash Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Identity is the key IMO .
Everyone can see and knows O&M want to be as professional and as high a standard as any vic country comp can be.
I’m not sure that as identifiable with GVL. Is the plan to be high level in professionalism and standard or community standard / orientated ??

Ben Rigoni & Jack O'Sullivan both league medalist have signed on with Seymour. Add in Murphy, Scopel, Mason (Rising star winner) & Waite. Lions on the front foot for 2023 alongside locking away Ben Davey as coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back