Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats have lost smith (who only played a handful of games last year) and caccaviello, but have replaced them with brexstem from barooga, big Daniel Johnston barooga, McKenzie Cowley from Tongala and will have Nathan Drummond a fair bit because he won’t be playing the interstate VFL games. So I can’t see how they drop out of the finals after being a couple of goals away from a prelim this season. They’ll get more improvement from there impressive young locals, I can see them going very well in 2023.
Where has Caccaviello gone? Daniel Johnstone trialling with Coburg, if he was to go well then he could be missing in action and play VFL footy.

So Drummond isn't full time with Mooroopna?

Where has Caccaviello gone? Daniel Johnstone trialling with Coburg, if he was to go well then he could be missing in action and play VFL footy.

Both smith and caccaviello have gone to Nullawil 💰💰💰

Just going by the shepp news, they said drummond would still be playing at Footscray.

Drummond is at Bulldogs VFL this year and will only play one or two of any for mooroopna in the bye rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are some key outs from some clubs this year or have they mostly all been retained?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Corey Rich gone from Mansfield
Sheldon to Moama
BJ square to Congunpa
Hellier left Euroa? Not quite sure of this?
Rochester have had a host of players leave.

From what I've read in the Shepp news, FB and BigFooty seems like most clubs have held players reasonably well plus added in some good recruits.

Sheldon to Moama
BJ square to Congunpa

From what I've read in the Shepp news, FB and BigFooty seems like most clubs have held players reasonably well plus added in some good recruits.
Hellier still at Euroa, I’d say his season will be back ended. They’ve lost the Garside’s and Tremellen that’s about it.

I think they will be the barometer if they all stay. Kumar had shoulder surgery recently I have heard so they may not see him till later in the year? Their midfield will be unstoppable with the likes of Hayes x2 the Gleeson’s with the eldest returning from the foot injury last year & Giobbi. Haven’t heard anything of Davies. Has Echuca recruited any?

Sheldon to Moama
BJ square to Congunpa

Certainly a host of players have left Rochester. With the departure of Stroobants players like Jansen, and the Harper brothers were always going to leave. The club was well aware of Shaun Atleys decision to live OS in 2023 prior to 2022.

IMO the disappointing losses are Russell and Kay. The latter being a local.

More positive news is Joe Atley is full time and LBU premiership player Jezza Mundie has been a gun for several years in the HDFL.

Doug Wren is back after 1 qtr last year. Nathan Marrone 1 game. Hugh Hamilton full time after 6-8 last year. Hopefully Will Hamilton gets on Moon Oval in the latter part of the season. Confident there might be a few more yet.

At this point IMO Rochy might sit outside the top 6 but let's see what eventuates.

Certainly a host of players have left Rochester. With the departure of Stroobants players like Jansen, and the Harper brothers were always going to leave. The club was well aware of Shaun Atleys decision to live OS in 2023 prior to 2022.

IMO the disappointing losses are Russell and Kay. The latter being a local.

More positive news is Joe Atley is full time and LBU premiership player Jezza Mundie has been a gun for several years in the HDFL.

Doug Wren is back after 1 qtr last year. Nathan Marrone 1 game. Hugh Hamilton full time after 6-8 last year. Hopefully Will Hamilton gets on Moon Oval in the latter part of the season. Confident there might be a few more yet.

At this point IMO Rochy might sit outside the top 6 but let's see what eventuates.
The results might not be the biggest deal at Rochester next season if they can get through the season and the town in general gets back on it's feet again after the floods it will be a Win. People and sponsors can hopefully continue or return to support the Club again.

Marrone is a top 10 player IMO in the GV when up and going and if Hamilton got himself a bit fitter and as you mentioned he is with the Club full time and gets in a groove will be very good too. Rochy lack depth but will be competitive against most and somewhere near a 50% Win rate at a guess. Agree Kay would be a disappointing loss as he was playing in the NAB Cup last year and from memory played a VFL game for North Melbourne and now playing District Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back