Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

All good

In a round about way it was. Weird decision by a club to play Bella instead of Trengove.
Maybe he was injured

He certainly wasn’t injured today. Moved very well.
Never heard of Bella...and if he played instead of Trengrove then it doesn't make sense. Coburg on struggle street so selecting a player not getting a game for them would be a strange decision.

The Johnstons listed as 4 and 3pts.. what’s their stories? Thought they would have been more than that ?
Dan Johnston came to Mooroopna from barooga, meaning he’s 3 points, he didn’t come to Mooroopna from coburg he’s made the coburg list this preseason. And Jack Johnson played enough games last year to drop a point hence he’s 4 points

Dan Johnston came to Mooroopna from barooga, meaning he’s 3 points, he didn’t come to Mooroopna from coburg he’s made the coburg list this preseason. And Jack Johnson played enough games last year to drop a point hence he’s 4 points
Yeah righteo, but number 19 playing vfl this year? Will cause some trouble if available, big unit.
I see Jack played a game in the 2s last year? Must have been a good side in that week 🤔😉

Yeah must have been 1 of the weeks that Corey Rich played 1 of his 3 games in the 2’s for Mansfield 😉

Think we can agree it was a sensible rule change by the league. Probably a few other qualification rules they could look at also.
Byrne as a local Echuca boy works for me. Dont believe Rich is a Mansfield junior but happy to be corrected johnno#7

Byrne as a local Echuca boy works for me. Dont believe Rich is a Mansfield junior but happy to be corrected johnno#7
Wouldn’t have a clue about rich, he dominated against rochy. But was alluding to the league changing the ruling around players just walking on and off in the reserves to qualify for the seniors. Don’t know if this was the case with Byrne? But was starting to happen more and more last year as stated with the other mentioned examples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee was it worth it, boy can play and lifts Echuca senior side by 10-15% I reckon!

The rules allowed it at the time so good on them to use it.

The ironic thing was. It was the week the Bombers lost both the Seniors and Seconds games cause of the paperwork stuff up .

The loss of points was due to the”stuff up”(and self reporting by Echuca)with regards to Matt Lias,not Byrne.
If my memory serves me correctly he (Byrnes)came back via the reserves after serious injury,which is usual practice for any club.

The loss of points was due to the”stuff up”(and self reporting by Echuca)with regards to Matt Lias,not Byrne.
If my memory serves me correctly he (Byrnes)came back via the reserves after serious injury,which is usual practice for any club.

No where did I say it had anything to do with Byrnes. Cool your Jets

All good .
Just providing information.

Don’t agree with the qualification rule of a local player, playing finals in the first place but they definitely found a loop hole and exploited it here
f474858ba17e94d6ee5bfb73f5fb4251.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t agree with the qualification rule of a local player, playing finals in the first place but they definitely found a loop hole and exploited it here
f474858ba17e94d6ee5bfb73f5fb4251.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tough to have a regular reserves player miss out on a game so you can sit a VFL player on the bench to help qualify them isn't it? How do you have that conversation during the week to the reserve player who will be missing.

Tough to have a regular reserves player miss out on a game so you can sit a VFL player on the bench to help qualify them isn't it? How do you have that conversation during the week to the reserve player who will be missing.
It’s a load of s**t and regardless of which side of the fence you sit on , the current rules regarding it from an AFL perspective are no good . Either allow players who are genuine VFL best 22 players play with the country club they’re registered to for finals or don’t .
Fence sitting does nothing but make a mockery and cause angst when someone exploits the fence sitting rules .

Not sure how many teams would have a full contingent of reserve players but as Roar alluded to it has to be one way or the other. This is a statewide issue as are leagues with bigger salary caps etc. Some leagues only require VFL players to play 3 games. It's all over the shop and needs a serious realignment.

Not sure how many teams would have a full contingent of reserve players but as Roar alluded to it has to be one way or the other. This is a statewide issue as are leagues with bigger salary caps etc. Some leagues only require VFL players to play 3 games. It's all over the shop and needs a serious realignment.
Hey mate are we any chance at all in causing an upset in knocking this O and M side off ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back