Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

bbe1e1b612fcbb6ced062222b8dea438.jpg

1e1d7f2287df20f02ca114b706499838.png

f32e0cbdcc98078e72ba96a2ddb6b977.png
So much for the flogging that was predicted???

GV definitely had a lot out too; Copied from a post previously.

"Atley, Andronaco, Hayes, Pendlebury, B. Reid, Walker, Valentine, Rutherford, Hartley, Murphy, Mellington, Waite, Depasquale, Whitford, Mueller, Hutchins, Arnold, Hrovat, McMillan"

I would’ve too, played a blinder, Conlan was good too. Who said inter league was dead eh??!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
GV definitely had a lot out too; Copied from a post previously.

"Atley, Andronaco, Hayes, Pendlebury, B. Reid, Walker, Valentine, Rutherford, Hartley, Murphy, Mellington, Waite, Depasquale, Whitford, Mueller, Hutchins, Arnold, Hrovat, McMillan"
You could nearly say all those players would be GV A graders and I don’t use that wording loosely So how many of the squad yesterday are genuine A graders ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to see the rubbish side GV put on the park, beaten by a seriously depleted O&M outfit. What’s the point? I’d rather see blokes like Filo kicking their feet up for a hard earned rest.

Disappointing to see the rubbish side GV put on the park, beaten by a seriously depleted O&M outfit. What’s the point? I’d rather see blokes like Filo kicking their feet up for a hard earned rest.
An unwarranted and disrespectful attack on the blokes who played. The team was comprised of quality senior footballers who wanted to play, and produced a good game of footy. Certainly wasn’t a game that killed off inter league.

GV had atleast 15 players out that would've been first selected if all available and willing to play. The O&M were the exact same, so you can't be too harsh on the players who put their hands up to have a kick. O&M only beat them by a goal mate so if the GV is "rubbish" then the O&M isn't far off either????

The GV did a very good job and had a great coaching panel. Maybe the timing isn’t right and that these games be played a week or two out before the season. Hard to judge form but we generally know who the best players in the league are.Might be more beneficial to play in these than worthless practice matches. I think that the rankings system would also help if it was brought back.

The GV did a very good job and had a great coaching panel. Maybe the timing isn’t right and that these games be played a week or two out before the season. Hard to judge form but we generally know who the best players in the league are.Might be more beneficial to play in these than worthless practice matches. I think that the rankings system would also help if it was brought back.
I think the ranking system put a bit of pride into inter-league football. Gun players wanted to represent the GV as they wanted to keep the league up in the top tier of leagues. Now without a ranking, a lot of gun players are happy to pass up the opportunity as there isn't really a means to playing.

The GFL would suspend their players if they didn't have a good reason to participate (Injury etc etc) which made them field their best 22 every year and that correlated in wins as they were #1 & #2 league for a long time. The EDFL paid their players to play inter-league (Now its not all about $$ but it helps) which would've spiked interest levels.

I think the ranking system put a bit of pride into inter-league football. Gun players wanted to represent the GV as they wanted to keep the league up in the top tier of leagues. Now without a ranking, a lot of gun players are happy to pass up the opportunity as there isn't really a means to playing.

The GFL would suspend their players if they didn't have a good reason to participate (Injury etc etc) which made them field their best 22 every year and that correlated in wins as they were #1 & #2 league for a long time. The EDFL paid their players to play inter-league (Now its not all about $$ but it helps) which would've spiked interest levels.
Hampden play Ballarat this year. Both leagues have decided to make it an under 23 game. Great idea im my opinion.

Excellent idea which I had mentioned previously. Good to hear!
I'd also like to see it as U/23 comp played as a carnival in Melbourne over a weekend. This would allow VFL Club recruiters and even some AFL recruiters a chance to look over the talent. If there was no clash with the VFLW games they could be played as curtain raisers. The concept would be much like Country Week cricket but completed over one weekend. If it was done during round 1 of the VFL season then players would not miss out on playing for their local team. It could be a festival of country footy played between the best 10 leagues. Rankings could be used and if team 10 loses then they are relegated and the division two winner comes into the carnival the next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back