Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Two big losses for the cats and a big hit to their scoring power
I'm still confused about why these guys are leaving Lamonts team. Trengove obviously a mercenary but Nield is a local Mooroopna boy isn't he?

And yeah I get the $$$ thing ... but surprised Nield is leaving.

I'm still confused about why these guys are leaving Lamonts team. Trengove obviously a mercenary but Nield is a local Mooroopna boy isn't he?

And yeah I get the $$$ thing ... but surprised Nield is leaving.
Nield was recruited from Tasmania 3-4 years ago for memory.
Perhaps Lamont’s coaching style isn’t overly popular. He has recruited well and had pretty good lists since joining Mooroopna and I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong but I can’t remember them winning a final yet.

Nield was recruited from Tasmania 3-4 years ago for memory.
Perhaps Lamont’s coaching style isn’t overly popular. He has recruited well and had pretty good lists since joining Mooroopna and I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong but I can’t remember them winning a final yet.
I’m not 100% but I feel like they may have won one final , either way they’d have hoped for more than that by this point in the exercise.

Cats won a final in 2022 vs rochy
I reckon they have done fairly well with the list they have
Yes I do remember that win against Rochy my apologies, however I feel with the amount of $$ they have spent on their coaching setup and recruiting they would have hoped to have progressed further than they have.

Yes I do remember that win against Rochy my apologies, however I feel with the amount of $$ they have spent on their coaching setup and recruiting they would have hoped to have progressed further than they have.
They did shoot up the ladder very quickly under Lamont. They were easy beats for a long time in the gv and under Lamont pushed themselves into finals contention but yes as mentioned at a high expense to get some gun players. Will be interesting to see how they handle this bump in the road.

But yes you don't pay players a bomb and the coach a bomb to not win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s under the table payment it would probably be a “what money” circumstance. Happens all the time in footy, contracts mean squat nowadays.
Understand that but I wouldn't want to be owing anyone large sums of $$$$

Marty Hore back to the Demons....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back