Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats will struggle. Their form is very patchy. They got towelled by Rochy, pushed Echuca but were ordinary against Seymour and by all accounts fell over the line yesterday.

Cats will struggle. Their form is very patchy. They got towelled by Rochy, pushed Echuca but were ordinary against Seymour and by all accounts fell over the line yesterday.
The old saying, A win is a win, is a win!
Been beaten by Echuca (who beat everyone) and got blown out by rochy when they had 6-7 walk up starts missing! Not all doom and gloom

The old saying, A win is a win, is a win!
Been beaten by Echuca (who beat everyone) and got blown out by rochy when they had 6-7 walk up starts missing! Not all doom and gloom
Can’t argue with wins I guess. I just feel they’re going to struggle for talent against the best sides. They lack a ruckman and a key defender. It’s a tight comp from 3-8 and a couple of sides will miss out. Looks like the swans have dropped too many games despite being very competitive. One of Ky, Euroa or Mooroopna will miss in my opinion.

Really like how Shepp have rebuilt and invested in there junior base massively. It’s not rocket science …,peel it back and put all your resources into your juniors. You might have a few lean years if you do it but then creating an environment where the juniors are valued will keep them with you long term. Great stuff Shepp.

They played ky with all there vfl players that night, all but Johnston I believe haven’t played again, I could be wrong
Ky that night had no mattingly no Robinson an lost morgs at half time
For me it will be euroa that missis out
From looking at the draw quickly it appears like Ky has the toughest so will have to earn their spot. Side note who ticked off Echuca and Mansfield having a bye in rd 17. That seems to me like an unfair advantage.

From looking at the draw quickly it appears like Ky has the toughest so will have to earn their spot. Side note who ticked off Echuca and Mansfield having a bye in rd 17. That seems to me like an unfair advantage.
All clubs ticked it off, that's what happens at delegates meeting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some big games this weekend boys.
Kyabram v Shepparton
Euroa v Seymour

Who wins? I believe Shepparton are top echelon along with Echuca. A win by the Bombers would be huge.

Euroa would need to beat their traditional rival in Seymour to solidify their finals charge. The Lions from all reports were very stiff to lose against the Tigers last week.

Rochy play United at home in what is also a 25 year reunion of their 1999 Premiership side that beat United. A big weekend planned.

Obviously the other key contenders Mansfield and Mooroopna have the bye. And Echuca are simply Echuca. Mark them down for another W.

Kyabram v Shepparton
Euroa v Seymour

Who wins? I believe Shepparton are top echelon along with Echuca. A win by the Bombers would be huge.

Euroa would need to beat their traditional rival in Seymour to solidify their finals charge. The Lions from all reports were very stiff to lose against the Tigers last week.

Rochy play United at home in what is also a 25 year reunion of their 1999 Premiership side that beat United. A big weekend planned.

Obviously the other key contenders Mansfield and Mooroopna have the bye. And Echuca are simply Echuca. Mark them down for another W.
pies v lions always a cracker game, similar styles but currently Seymour would need to pull of the miracle win to get over the pies on their home deck. Euroa have some solid names through the midfield who I think will give their forwards a chance. Seymour just don't have the cattle on the park, really struggling with personnel.

After reading the weekly times article about the GV BENDIGO super league... I've heard there's actually a bit more interest in it.
Other things being spoken about were,
1: The grand final would be rotated between Deaken and the QEO
2: Full round of Easter games with Rochy v Echuca leading the way
3: self administered to maximise corporate sponsor support from a population catchment of approx 300,000.

Has it got legs??

Kyabram v Shepparton
Euroa v Seymour

Ky are playing good footy at the moment
3 good inclusions
Mangan watt and khoo

pies v lions always a cracker game, similar styles but currently Seymour would need to pull of the miracle win to get over the pies on their home deck. Euroa have some solid names through the midfield who I think will give their forwards a chance. Seymour just don't have the cattle on the park, really struggling with personnel.
Think the lions are a sniff at the pies. Pies missing a few and the rivalry always presents a good game of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back