Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot could change mate with so much footy left to play but I find it hard not to think that the top 4 will stay as it is with Ky - Cats -and Euroa fighting for 5 and 6th spot I’m thinking the cats to miss finals
Hey Swoop did you travel to Benalla and watch the Swans today? That loss must hurt mate ... I think any faint chance of finals was extinguished.

Hey Swoop did you travel to Benalla and watch the Swans today? That loss must hurt mate ... I think any faint chance of finals was extinguished.
No mate went to Deakin and had a look at Shepp and Ky not a bad scrap it was Ky acquitted them selves very well but thought Shepp had a bit more class overall .Still think Ky will play finals but will be tight?? The swans on the other hand would be devastated with the loss against Benalla for the side they have on paper it’s just not good enough I’m predicting one big change for next year ??

Watched the two old mobs go at it today. Will Hayes 50+ I reckon. Works so hard. Euroa ball movement so clean, entries let them down at times, but the lions just found a way to get them out the back and hit the scoreboard when they didn't look likely. Could tell Andrew Smith wasn't out there for the pies.

No mate went to Deakin and had a look at Shepp and Ky not a bad scrap it was Ky acquitted them selves very well but thought Shepp had a bit more class overall .Still think Ky will play finals but will be tight?? The swans on the other hand would be devastated with the loss against Benalla for the side they have on paper it’s just not good enough I’m predicting one big change for next year ??
Swoop was did you think bout the umpiring today? I thought they cost ky, the young ky player sent off for rough tackle that I thought wasn’t there turned the game with ky being 1 man down for 15min

Swoop was did you think bout the umpiring today? I thought they cost ky, the young ky player sent off for rough tackle that I thought wasn’t there turned the game with ky being 1 man down for 15min
Ky got some crucial ones against
But probably won the free kick count
Echuca will beat shepp 5 goals +

What a day of football at Benalla! Played in perfect weather, in front of a big crowd , I haven’t enjoyed a day like this in ages. With a bye for The local Goomambat team in the Ovens and King League, they all came into town and took position at the grandstand end of the ground starting early on the beers to create a festive atmosphere. Swans dominated early and kicked away to 5 goal Lead before Benalla got a few late goals to not to embarrass themselves, 43 to 15 at Quarter time. Swans dominated centre clearances and to anyone watching, game over. There big ruckman and speedy mids looked a class above. Will Martinello playing his first game back after a concussion, went from half back flank to on ball with immediate results, it was a reversal in fortunes. Benalla dominated the centre clearance to kick 6.4 to 1.3. About 10 minutes prior to the end of the quarter, J. Waite pushed a Swans to the chest who had been giving an another younger player undue attention, the umpire gave Waite a yellow card and sent him off for 15 mins. Benalla were down to 17 men whilst they just grabbed the lead. It was a arm wrestle in the 3rd quarter, both sides having a crack with it being Swans 63-68 Benalla at the change. The last quarter saw Benalla get a early start and get out to a 3 goal lead by about the 15min and the locals thought they were home. Swans kept coming. At around the 32 min, Swans kicked a goal to make it 86-84 Benalla’s way. The siren had to come soon, then Swan scored a goal at around the 35min mark and some of the locals started to leave with heads down and Swans supporters cheering. Expecting the siren to sound at any stage, the next clearance went Benalla’s way and soon ended up with a mark to Waite about 45m out on the river end flank. He kicked true, and the siren went soon after the next bounce. A great win for a struggling team. Both teams going hard at it till the end.
A great game of local football, had a ball.

Last edited:
Watched the two old mobs go at it today. Will Hayes 50+ I reckon. Works so hard. Euroa ball movement so clean, entries let them down at times, but the lions just found a way to get them out the back and hit the scoreboard when they didn't look likely. Could tell Andrew Smith wasn't out there for the pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor D's can't catch a break

What a poorly written statement. Why do they feel the need to tell the world that it wasn’t on his own terms? Surely that’s an internal discussion only. Just drawing undue attention on themselves.

I understand wanting to provide clarity heading into 2025 for the club and in the search for the next coach. But seriously I would have thought Duane deserves better than that!

On a positive note.. We’re talking about Shepp United now!

Not sure that announcing this at this point of the season is the way to go?
Perhaps Heuston went rogue and took control of his own narrative?

The Demons appear to be treading water these past few years ... a lack of progress is noticeable given I was under the impression they got many of their Juniors back this year.

Perhaps Heuston went rogue and took control of his own narrative?

The Demons appear to be treading water these past few years ... a lack of progress is noticeable given I was under the impression they got many of their Juniors back this year.
I heard a lot of the juniors had a pact to go back , so a few signed and then a couple of guns pulled out

Things at United certainly haven’t panned out they way they were expecting. Britain. Cucinatti etc were seen to be the saviours of the club. Nobody is to blame I just think they have overestimated the ability of talented ex juniors being able to turn the fortunes around and unfortunately some would now say…”Hueston, we have a problem”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure that announcing this at this point of the season is the way to go?
You only do that if you've got a coach in waiting ringo, I'd think. Even then you don't go public at the start of June. Maybe end of July, you announce that you'd like to thank Duane, who would have also played a fair bit of footy at United thanks for your 2 years of stabilising the club and we're going this direction.

It reflects poorly on the club on how they treat their own

Things at United certainly haven’t panned out they way they were expecting. Britain. Cucinatti etc were seen to be the saviours of the club. Nobody is to blame I just think they have overestimated the ability of talented ex juniors being able to turn the fortunes around and unfortunately some would now say…”Hueston, we have a problem”

You know Duane pretty well Thermos, what were he's and the clubs expectations for this year?
By this statement, the club thought finals was a must, I'd think most pundits after losing magro and wattie had them bottom 3 start of the season

You know Duane pretty well Thermos, what were he's and the clubs expectations for this year?
By this statement, the club thought finals was a must, I'd think most pundits after losing magro and wattie had them bottom 3 start of the season

I actually don’t have any connection to him at all Trenta but heard rumblings all summer about how well they were expecting to go. I thought it was bizarre at the time and looks like the murmurings were all bravado. Nevertheless disappointing for Hueston and hopefully he can bounce back!

I actually don’t have any connection to him at all Trenta but heard rumblings all summer about how well they were expecting to go. I thought it was bizarre at the time and looks like the murmurings were all bravado. Nevertheless disappointing for Hueston and hopefully he can bounce back!

Its been pretty unstable at United for a few years now....they need to get their house in order

Remove this Banner Ad

Back