Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Without knowing there exact age mate I would say that statement is pretty close Didn’t look to good early but as the game went on our boys just wanted it more than the om pure and simple as that
Yes mate i put my hand up. I was watching the live thread and when O&M went 5 goals up early in the 2nd term I thought oh boy this will end badly!! Went and pursued other options. Well done to Chops/Sam Reid and all involved. Great win.

Can someone fill me in on the history of biglarry76 please? Feel like I’m missing something!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GVFL - 8-15
OM- 7-6 great win by the young lads 😂😂😂😂
Hardly a laughing matter, it’s a reflection of representative football across the country. Eddie McGuire seems to agree, he’s pushing state of origin. Someone like Dazza Cresswell needs to take the O&M duties and get serious about it. The best possible men picked, if the A-listers refuse to participate maybe they’ll have their pay packets docked. The O&M have surpassed the GV in the past decade by a long way, a missed opportunity for a history breaking thumping slipped through our grip. You blokes showed up, had a dip, we didn’t, that’s footy.

Can someone fill me in on the history of biglarry76 please? Feel like I’m missing something!

Many theories thermos. 1. A collective effort of savy footballers playing a long running prank. 2. An old man who shouts at clouds. 3. An ex-pres mover and shaker type who has lived it all in a storied career ...
I have no preference but I like what Big Larry/Geoff brings to various forums.

Many theories thermos. 1. A collective effort of savy footballers playing a long running prank. 2. An old man who shouts at clouds. 3. An ex-pres mover and shaker type who has lived it all in a storied career ...
I have no preference but I like what Big Larry/Geoff brings to various forums.

I look forward to the ride tongue! Lovely to have you here Larry..

Maryborough has signalled its intention to leave the Bendigo league today and by all accounts, the BFNL seemingly won't stand in the club's way, reducing the league to eight clubs in 2025. It could end up being as low as six truth be told.

One poster on the Bendigo page says that the BFNL should be broken up, sending Castlemaine and Maryborough to the Maryborough-Castlemaine league, Gisborne to the Ballarat league, South Bendigo and Kangaroo Flat to the Heathcote league and Sandhurst, Golden Square, Strathfieldsaye and Eaglehawk to the GVL.

Yay or nay?

Personally, I would have thought that Moama would be at the front of the GVL-bound queue.

Last edited:
Maryborough has signalled its intention to leave the Bendigo league today and by all accounts, the BFNL seemingly won't stand in the club's way, reducing the league to eight clubs in 2025. It could end up being as low as six truth be told.

One poster on the Bendigo page says that the BFNL should be broken up, sending Castlemaine and Maryborough to the Maryborough-Castlemaine league, Gisborne to the Ballarat league, South Bendigo and Kangaroo Flat to the Heathcote league and Sandhurst, Golden Square, Strathfieldsaye and Eaglehawk to the GVL.

Yay or nay?

Personally, I would have thought that Moama would be at the front of the queue.
No here,why should any league be disrupted/impacted by the BFL’s historical F*#%k ups.
And yes,we are all in the opinion industry aka footy.😊

Last edited:

Yay or nay?

Personally, I would have thought that Moama would be at the front of the queue.
They will be approached but I feel that Moama should be looking towards the GV. This would create a great over the bridge rivalry. The BFL is on its knees and is a shadow of what it once was. It was extremely strong in the 80's and 90's but all went down hill from there. Maryborough, Castlemaine, Kyneton, Daylesford, Hepburn, Gisborne Giants, Maiden Gully, Kangaroo Flat and perhaps Huntly could be looked at? If the big 4 go to the GVFL the Bendigo league is done.

They will be approached but I feel that Moama should be looking towards the GV. This would create a great over the bridge rivalry. The BFL is on its knees and is a shadow of what it once was. It was extremely strong in the 80's and 90's but all went down hill from there. Maryborough, Castlemaine, Kyneton, Daylesford, Hepburn, Gisborne Giants, Maiden Gully, Kangaroo Flat and perhaps Huntly could be looked at? If the big 4 go to the GVFL the Bendigo league is done.
Moama would be an obvious addition to the GVFL particularly with Benalla pretty wobbly. I cannot possibly see the four big Bendigo League teams come across to the GV. The league wouldn't agree to their terms and let's be honest ... they would rather play a round robin style league of four than give up their power base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the best fit for Mansfield league wise? Unfortunately for them they seem to be in an unlucky spot geographically. Along way away from teams in the major leagues but too big a club for the smaller leagues that are closer geographically
A new comp to accomodate Mansfield , Benalla and the current clubs north / north east of Melbourne and any new teams which may arise due to a boom in population growth in that area .

A new comp to accomodate Mansfield , Benalla and the current clubs north / north east of Melbourne and any new teams which may arise due to a boom in population growth in that area .
Who would be the bigger clubs North / North East of Melbourne that you are talking about that aren’t in Metro comps?

The Echuca United and Moama rivalries were great when they were both strong, imagine a strong Moama and Echuca. Sell out!

Understand a formal approach to Rochester and Echuca to join the Bendigo League is imminent. Both clubs very interested. Geographically makes sense with Rochester juniors already in the Bendigo League. Echuca junior footy club is exploding with huge numbers and they are also looking towards the BFL. This coming from a very senior member involved with Football Victoria. Reshuffling of leagues is high on the agenda…and so it should be. Guess we wait and see….

Understand a formal approach to Rochester and Echuca to join the Bendigo League is imminent. Both clubs very interested. Geographically makes sense with Rochester juniors already in the Bendigo League. Echuca junior footy club is exploding with huge numbers and they are also looking towards the BFL. This coming from a very senior member involved with Football Victoria. Reshuffling of leagues is high on the agenda…and so it should be. Guess we wait and see….

I would be staggered if this occurs. Maybe ensure validity before firing off this garbage. That would be monumental!

Righto….What do you want in terms of validity? A name? Maybe think about it…I’m simply protecting the person I spoke to. Just repeating a conversation that was had. I was having it…you weren’t. That’s the validity. Guess the proof will be in the pudding. Now take a chill pill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back