Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In saying that, unlike Rochesterites, people in Echuca like to go onto bigger things and further themselves and experience football and life in different parts of the world, country and state rather than all gravitate back to the thriving metropolis that is Rochester.

Rochester, why go else where when you can be no where?[/quote]

ha ha, if you think living in adelaide is going on to bigger things in life you haven't gone far past the echuca speed limit signs! one day, if you're lucky, you may make it to adelaide champ! it's amazing!!

HA! FBP what a man, dont know where ANT JESS ended up, possibly in the TAB or on the Blue Bus, good to see some of the originals still floating about, being out of the GVFL comp for a while now has certainly slowed things for some of the old guys, Eric Bottom was quite funny......

Don't think you'll be seeing R.Kirkby, has had a very good year from his...i mean all reports. If he plays next year he'll notch up a hundred games at Glenelg, which is a fair effort...

In terms of the other guys, there are certainly whispers and the Echuca FC know that the past players of all levels love the club and there decisions not to play in Echuca are not reflective of the Club at all and its more a personal/travel thing for a lot of the guys.

I'm sure the majority of the guys will get back to Echuca at some stage and put something back into the club that did so much for them as juniors.

In saying that, unlike Rochesterites, people in Echuca like to go onto bigger things and further themselves and experience football and life in different parts of the world, country and state rather than all gravitate back to the thriving metropolis that is Rochester.

Rochester, why go else where when you can be no where?

Ease up a bit there Echucaboy. Is pumpa jess not talking to you at the moment so you have turned your back on life? If I am not wrong, your humble aboad is in fact closer to Rochester than Echuca is it not?

HA! FBP what a man, dont know where ANT JESS ended up, possibly in the TAB or on the Blue Bus, good to see some of the originals still floating about, being out of the GVFL comp for a while now has certainly slowed things for some of the old guys, Eric Bottom was quite funny......

Don't think you'll be seeing R.Kirkby, has had a very good year from his...i mean all reports. If he plays next year he'll notch up a hundred games at Glenelg, which is a fair effort...

In terms of the other guys, there are certainly whispers and the Echuca FC know that the past players of all levels love the club and there decisions not to play in Echuca are not reflective of the Club at all and its more a personal/travel thing for a lot of the guys.

I'm sure the majority of the guys will get back to Echuca at some stage and put something back into the club that did so much for them as juniors.

Rochester, why go else where when you can be no where?

Yeh great reports for his latest form ECHUCABOY, hes a cult hero down at the bays, would cost a small fortune to lure him away id think

Rochester going along nicely. What happen in the Benella v Tat match?

Very close. Did Tat have players out???

Looked like a thriller between Shep and Swannies. Anybody there?

Tat had a few injured players out, including Isailivic and Little, plus Kirby and Cosgriff in the VCFL v VAFA Game. Wasn't there to witness it but I heard on the radio that Tat led by 1-3goals all game. 3votes- L.Wellington, 1 vote to jacka and 2 votes to the Benalla ruckman...can't remember his name sorry, but he didn't have to play against Kirby or Little. :thumbsu:

Has there been any games in the GVFL this year that have had 3 main umpires and 4 boundary umpires like the O&M and O&K leagues have done?

Massive game this week between Tat Vs Ky. Second spot up for grabs. Both teams look like being close to full strength, if the weather holds off should be a cracking game. Anyone prepared to pick a winner.

I'll go Bombers in a tight one.

Has there been any games in the GVFL this year that have had 3 main umpires and 4 boundary umpires like the O&M and O&K leagues have done?

Only happened in the O&K when the O&M had bye/split round and was done as an experiment while spare umpires were around... And yes they do get in the way.....And pay alot of extra free kicks that would normally go unseen, holding off the ball etc.

Ease up a bit there Echucaboy. Is pumpa jess not talking to you at the moment so you have turned your back on life? If I am not wrong, your humble aboad is in fact closer to Rochester than Echuca is it not?

Firstly MtMen I dont live in Adelaide and those that do are better at footy than you and me and living on the Beach eg. Glenelg. Quite a nice spot really....

Thankfully Rushy the olds came to the senses a couple of years ago and moved into town. They blamed the stench coming from the Rochester directions, think it was coming from Victoria Street actually as their reason behind moving...

This weeks tips;
Tatura v Kyabram-38 points
Mooroopna v Benalla-73 points
Shepparton v United- 10 points
Rochester v Swans- 105 points
Mansfield v Echuca- 7 points
Seymour v Euroa-68 points

Interesting article in the Shepp News about the Euroa coaching job today.

Echuca over Mansfield? Big call! Tatura v Kyabram will be the big game. I think Ky might get up if they near full strength.

Here's the run home;

Rochester
Swans (H), United (A), Benalla (H), Kyabram (A), Mooroopna (H)

Tatura
Kyabram (H), Euroa (A), Seymour (A), Mooroopna (H), Mansfield (H)

Kyabram
Tatura (A), Mooroopna (H), Shepparton (A), Rochester (H), Swans (A)

Mansfield
Echuca (H), Swans (A), United (H), Benalla (A), Tatura (H)

Mooroopna
Benalla (H), Kyabram (A), Euroa (H), Tatura (A), Rochester (A)

Seymour
Euroa (H), Echuca (A), Tatura (H), Swans (A), Shepparton (H)

Shepparton
United (H), Benalla (A), Kyabram (H), Euroa (A), Seymour (A)

Some massive games coming up, especially in the last round (Mansfield-Tatura, Rochy-Mooroopna, Shepp-Seymour). I think the ladder will end like this;

Rochester
Kyabram
Tatura
Mansfield
Mooroopna
Seymour
---------
Shepparton

Which would see the first week of finals like this;
Rochester v Kyabram
Tatura v Seymour
Mansfield v Mooroopna

Very exciting.

I think it could be a Rochy V Ky Grand Final-Mansfield not far behind. Dirty has done a great job at KY and if they play off against his old team it would add even more to an already great season of GV footy. Still ,a long way to go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echuca over Mansfield? Big call! Tatura v Kyabram will be the big game. I think Ky might get up if they near full strength.

Here's the run home;

Rochester
Swans (H), United (A), Benalla (H), Kyabram (A), Mooroopna (H)

Tatura
Kyabram (H), Euroa (A), Seymour (A), Mooroopna (H), Mansfield (H)

Kyabram
Tatura (A), Mooroopna (H), Shepparton (A), Rochester (H), Swans (A)

Mansfield
Echuca (H), Swans (A), United (H), Benalla (A), Tatura (H)

Mooroopna
Benalla (H), Kyabram (A), Euroa (H), Tatura (A), Rochester (A)

Seymour
Euroa (H), Echuca (A), Tatura (H), Swans (A), Shepparton (H)

Shepparton
United (H), Benalla (A), Kyabram (H), Euroa (A), Seymour (A)

Some massive games coming up, especially in the last round (Mansfield-Tatura, Rochy-Mooroopna, Shepp-Seymour). I think the ladder will end like this;

Rochester
Kyabram
Tatura
Mansfield
Mooroopna
Seymour
---------
Shepparton

Which would see the first week of finals like this;
Rochester v Kyabram
Tatura v Seymour
Mansfield v Mooroopna

Very exciting.

After having a look at that, it would seem that Mansfield have the easiest run home. Their next 4 games are agianst teams that can't make the finals. They might be a smokey to steal second spot.

My final ladder is

Rochy
Mansfield
Ky
Tatura
Seymour
Mooroopna

Some huge games between now and September. Great to see such an even comp this year. It will probably all come down to who can remain the fittest list come finals time.

FOOTYBOSS is another one who used to contribute a fair bit to this site (and saved us having to subscribe to the Shep News as he would always post the footy articles).

Im still about knacker bags. Just dont spend as much time in front of the computer screen as I used to.

Ivill to play selection role
Euroa president John Ivill will be involved in dealing with applicants for next year's football coaching positions despite stepping down from his role at season's end.
Ivill served as the Magpies' vice-president for three years before becoming president last year, the same season David Putamorsi joined as senior coach.
Putamorsi said yesterday he didn't think he should have to apply for a third term if he wants to lead the Magpies again next season.
``I don't think I need to apply, they know who I am and what I'm about,'' Putamorsi said.
Ivill said advertising all three coaching positions _ seniors, reserves and under-18s _ was the start of a process to best prepare the club for next season.
``David signed a two-year contract which ends after this season. I'm not certain if he will reapply,'' Ivill said.
``It's just part of our normal housekeeping at the club where people have to apply for coaching jobs.
``If we don't do it now we'll be behind the eight-ball.
``You can't get to January or February and still be looking for coaches.''
Ivill will be a part of a sub-committee that will deal with the coaching application and appointment process.
Ivill said he would not seek a third term as president as the role has become too time-consuming.
``It's at the point now where you virtually have to be retired to do it. It's nearly a full-time job,'' Ivill said.

Putamorsi takes a stand
Euroa has already advertised for candidates to be next year's senior coach, but current mentor David Putamorsi won't be among the applicants.
Putamorsi, coach since last year, doesn't believe he should be made to apply for a third term should he want to lead the Magpies again.
``I haven't had a really good think about it at this stage, but I won't apply for it (the job) again,'' Putamorsi said.
``I don't think I need to apply, they know who I am and what I'm about.''
Putamorsi believed there was certain Euroa club members who didn't want him to coach this year.
``It didn't worry me too much because they were people who haven't been involved in football and don't really know what they're talking about,'' Putamorsi said.
``That happens, you can't please everyone.''
Euroa finished a game out of last year's finals and an exodus of key players during the off-season has resulted in it struggling with three wins to date this season.
Putamorsi admitted the club might need a new coach if it's to return as a dominant force like in 2005 when it was grand final runner-up to Seymour.
``If they can get someone who can guarantee they will bring four to six players it would be ideal,'' Putamorsi said.
``It all depends how the club's going financially because we were struggling a bit and that's why we lost six to eight players back to Melbourne.
``We're probably four players off being a good side, but with a new committee coming in it's up to them how they want to go about recruiting players.''
Putamorsi said Euroa should also focus on re-signing its current talent like Klay Giovannini, Pat Horsburgh, Rob Carlile and Adam Brayshaw.
Putamorsi, 40 in April, said he would consider playing if he doesn't coach next season.
He played three senior games earlier this season with the Magpies struggling for depth.
``I'd like to think I could play another year, whether I go back to Tungamah and play under `Doddy' (coach Adam Dodd) or somewhere else,'' Putamorsi said.
``I've played footy for 30 years straight and would have played this year if I hadn't dislocated my shoulder.

After having a look at that, it would seem that Mansfield have the easiest run home. Their next 4 games are agianst teams that can't make the finals. They might be a smokey to steal second spot.

My final ladder is

Rochy
Mansfield
Ky
Tatura
Seymour
Mooroopna

Some huge games between now and September. Great to see such an even comp this year. It will probably all come down to who can remain the fittest list come finals time.

My prediction is it will be Rochy and Mansfield playing off in the Grand Final with Mansfield to win. I wouldnt write Seymour off either, as they will have Scnalon back for the finals and we all know what he has done in previous finals campaigns for the lions.

Heard a rumour over the weekend that Jason Cloke will be at Echuca next year. He's apparently keen to buy a busy up on the Murray.

Fact or fiction?

While we are on the rumour mill Brad this one looks like a doozy and relates to the Swans.

If it is true that Peter White got the flick because he stuck up for the Swans players when they were asked to take a pay cut. Then I find it mildly amusing that they are talking about getting Adam Yze, Russell Robertson and Nicholson who are all ex Melbourne players. These guys would not come up and play for the Swans for a pie and can of coke.

While we are on the rumour mill Brad this one looks like a doozy and relates to the Swans.

If it is true that Peter White got the flick because he stuck up for the Swans players when they were asked to take a pay cut. Then I find it mildly amusing that they are talking about getting Adam Yze, Russell Robertson and Nicholson who are all ex Melbourne players. These guys would not come up and play for the Swans for a pie and can of coke.

Am lead to believe this was over a club function, the club wanted all the players to attend if they didn't it was to be deducted out of their match payments and the coach said that the club couldn't do that. That is the whisper i have heard not sure of the facts thou

GVFL Senior Coaches for 2010-

Benalla- Symes?
Euroa- ??
Seymour- Haberman?
Shepp- R Warburton?
Swans- Meka
Rochy- Schmidt?
Mansf- Kelly?
Echuca- Henderson
Shepp Utd- Quarrell?
Kyabram- Williams?
Mrpna- Br. Campbell?
Tatura- P Serra?

Probably a little early to tell as finals are yet to be played etc etc, but interesting times ahead

GVFL Senior Coaches for 2010-

Benalla- Symes?
Euroa- ??
Seymour- Haberman?
Shepp- R Warburton?
Swans- Meka
Rochy- Schmidt?
Mansf- Kelly?
Echuca- Henderson
Shepp Utd- Quarrell?
Kyabram- Williams?
Mrpna- Br. Campbell?
Tatura- P Serra?

Probably a little early to tell as finals are yet to be played etc etc, but interesting times ahead

Bernie Habes agreed to terms in the last couple of days, so Seymours not looking.:thumbsu:

My prediction is it will be Rochy and Mansfield playing off in the Grand Final with Mansfield to win. I wouldnt write Seymour off either, as they will have Scnalon back for the finals and we all know what he has done in previous finals campaigns for the lions.
Well, if you are right Boss about Scanlon!!!, that would be a huge boost for Seymour, that man is a champ!!!!

Well, if you are right Boss about Scanlon!!!, that would be a huge boost for Seymour, that man is a champ!!!!

Bendigo Bombers a certainties to miss out on finals.. not sure when there season ends tho...

They may have to pull through a first finals game with out him...

Mates on the essendon board say he is one of the most consistent at the bombers..

Im still about knacker bags. Just dont spend as much time in front of the computer screen as I used to.

Ivill to play selection role
Euroa president John Ivill will be involved in dealing with applicants for next year's football coaching positions despite stepping down from his role at season's end.
Ivill served as the Magpies' vice-president for three years before becoming president last year, the same season David Putamorsi joined as senior coach.
Putamorsi said yesterday he didn't think he should have to apply for a third term if he wants to lead the Magpies again next season.
``I don't think I need to apply, they know who I am and what I'm about,'' Putamorsi said.
Ivill said advertising all three coaching positions _ seniors, reserves and under-18s _ was the start of a process to best prepare the club for next season.
``David signed a two-year contract which ends after this season. I'm not certain if he will reapply,'' Ivill said.
``It's just part of our normal housekeeping at the club where people have to apply for coaching jobs.
``If we don't do it now we'll be behind the eight-ball.
``You can't get to January or February and still be looking for coaches.''
Ivill will be a part of a sub-committee that will deal with the coaching application and appointment process.
Ivill said he would not seek a third term as president as the role has become too time-consuming.
``It's at the point now where you virtually have to be retired to do it. It's nearly a full-time job,'' Ivill said.

Putamorsi takes a stand
Euroa has already advertised for candidates to be next year's senior coach, but current mentor David Putamorsi won't be among the applicants.
Putamorsi, coach since last year, doesn't believe he should be made to apply for a third term should he want to lead the Magpies again.
``I haven't had a really good think about it at this stage, but I won't apply for it (the job) again,'' Putamorsi said.
``I don't think I need to apply, they know who I am and what I'm about.''
Putamorsi believed there was certain Euroa club members who didn't want him to coach this year.
``It didn't worry me too much because they were people who haven't been involved in football and don't really know what they're talking about,'' Putamorsi said.
``That happens, you can't please everyone.''
Euroa finished a game out of last year's finals and an exodus of key players during the off-season has resulted in it struggling with three wins to date this season.
Putamorsi admitted the club might need a new coach if it's to return as a dominant force like in 2005 when it was grand final runner-up to Seymour.
``If they can get someone who can guarantee they will bring four to six players it would be ideal,'' Putamorsi said.
``It all depends how the club's going financially because we were struggling a bit and that's why we lost six to eight players back to Melbourne.
``We're probably four players off being a good side, but with a new committee coming in it's up to them how they want to go about recruiting players.''
Putamorsi said Euroa should also focus on re-signing its current talent like Klay Giovannini, Pat Horsburgh, Rob Carlile and Adam Brayshaw.
Putamorsi, 40 in April, said he would consider playing if he doesn't coach next season.
He played three senior games earlier this season with the Magpies struggling for depth.
``I'd like to think I could play another year, whether I go back to Tungamah and play under `Doddy' (coach Adam Dodd) or somewhere else,'' Putamorsi said.
``I've played footy for 30 years straight and would have played this year if I hadn't dislocated my shoulder.

they shouldn't even think about getting something else... he's actually getting locals to play which is a huge boost for the youngsters as they have gotten a taste for senior football... they made need some on field leader ship (AKA an ex - AFL / VFL player would be ideal )

wat are people who have seen more of Euroa than me think about the position they are in?

Shepparton United 13.13-91 d. Shepparton 7.8-50

Mansfield 19.18-132 d. Echuca 8.7-55

Rochester 18.22-130 d. Shepparton Swans 9.8-62

Mooroopna 23.15-153 d. Benalla 10.9-69

Kyabram 20.11-131 d. Tatura 16.11-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back