Goulburn Valley FL - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

He struggled a bit but probably needs more games at the level .

I played with him at Ardmona this year and last, he had a great year last year and this year has had alot of injurys at the start of the season which set him back for the year, after he get a full pre-season in next year he will be a very good pick up for the swans along with Adam Yze and co :D

seymour were ordinary on saturday, but you can guarantee they will bounce back this week and next to finish 6th. once the make it, they will be a different outfit, with scanlon, loraine, o'keefe, and clifton to come back in.

Yeah they have had a great 5-6 weeks. I still think Seymour is in front of the others. Apparantly Mooroopna have some players struggling at the moment. I know it won't mean much to some but the rd 18 game between Echuca and Euroa might decide who is 'really' the best side outside the top 6. The top 3-4 are a long way i front. Puta deserves some credit for what he has done at Euroa.
:thumbsu: Good to hear.

Some great games this week that might give us an indication of what might unfold in September.

Kyabram V Rochester-5 points
Swans v Seymour-45 pts
Tatura v Mooroopna-52 points
United V Echuca-?
Benalla V Mansfield-100+
Euroa V Shepparton-23 points

The Ky-Rochy game is pretty big. Should be a massive crowd there.

If Euroa beat Shepp, then that's probably curtains for the Bears. If they win, then it could possibly set up a final round winner-takes-all game against Seymour.

Put `Puta' in again: Watson

Euroa veteran Scott Watson has thrown his support behind senior coach David Putamorsi who is out of contract at season's end.
Putamorsi who has coached Euroa for the past two seasons has rallied late in the season to make Euroa a dangerous side to play.

Watson said Putamorsi had stuck to his guns despite the fact that things were not travelling the way the club would have liked.

``We have to give credit to David, he has stuck to his guns and played the kids who sometimes wouldn't have had the opportunity,'' Watson said.

``It's great at the minute, he has got 12 players under the age of 20 playing senior football.

``From a club's point of view that is great.''

Watson said Putamorsi definitely had the ability to coach at Euroa next year and he would have his full support if he did get the nod.

``You only have to look at David he has been successful at Tungamah and he has done well here,'' Watson said.

``David has my full support and always will have it.''

Watson also said a lot of the younger kids at the club would be ecstatic to see Putamorsi re-sign for next season.

``Without a doubt the young kids who have been getting a chance to play senior football would love to have `Puta' coaching again,'' Watson said.

``They haven't really had the opportunity beforehand, so why wouldn't they want him.''

With two weeks left this season Watson said the sooner the coaching position was filled the better regardless of whether the club decided to give Putamorsi another contract.

``At the end of this year a lot of the committee are stepping down, so I don't think they want to make a decision on the future of the club,'' Watson said.

``The people who are putting their hand up to take up positions are the ones who have to make the decision.''

If Euroa beat Shepp, then that's probably curtains for the Bears. If they win, then it could possibly set up a final round winner-takes-all game against Seymour.

I reckon they might knock the bears off-They would be pretty confident at the moment whereas shepp have only won a couple of games since round 8 or 9. I believe Ky have a few injury clouds so that could tell in the end.

I reckon the magpies might beat the bears-they have confidence whereas Shepp have only a couple of games since round 8 or 9

I reckon the magpies might beat the bears-they have confidence whereas Shepp have only a couple of games since round 8 or 9

Wouldn't be surprised at all. It's also at Euroa, so that's another factor. Shepp are on the right track. They have a pretty young team and have had some big injuries.

Credit must go to Puta too. In the past, rightly or wrongly, Euroa had the reputation of importing heaps of recruits at the expense of local young players. If they persist in playing these young guys, then they might benefit more down the track.

Ky are an interesting team too. I thought they were a young team and would tire towards the end of the year, but they are still going really strong.

Shepp News had an article today saying the finals venues will be Euroa, Benalla, Rochester and Mooroopna. Apparently the league are waiting to see how the final six settles.

My prediction;

1 Rochester v 2 Kyabram (Benalla)
3 Mansfield v 6 Seymour (Euroa)
4 Tatura v 5 Mooroopna (Rochester)

Then the Second Semi at Mooroopna.

Preliminary and Grand Finals at Deakin.

More than happy to be wrong.

Shepp News had an article today saying the finals venues will be Euroa, Benalla, Rochester and Mooroopna. Apparently the league are waiting to see how the final six settles.

My prediction;

1 Rochester v 2 Kyabram (Benalla)
3 Mansfield v 6 Seymour (Euroa)
4 Tatura v 5 Mooroopna (Rochester)

Then the Second Semi at Mooroopna.

Preliminary and Grand Finals at Deakin.

More than happy to be wrong.
Well I suppose all clubs need to be catered for. Would love to see the Ky V Rochy final at Echuca, Mansfield V Seymour at Benalla and tat,mooroopna at Rochy. Anyway it will be good wherever they are held

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is my guess how the top 6 will end up:
rochy
tat
ky
mansfield
mooroopna
seymour

i'm basing this on ky losing to rochy and tat winning there next 2.

It will be nearly impossible for Tat to end up 2nd, too big a gap on % to Ky now, especially with Tat playing Mansfield last game. The only way Ky can lose 2nd is if they were to lose both games (they play Swans in last game, shouldn't happen) or if they lose to Rochie and Mansfield beat Tat in last game. Mansfield already have a better percentage but it will be close between both of them.

Who will win on Saturday night? Ky at home under lights in good form or will the experience of Rochie win the game? Ky wins and they have 2nd sown up and will be serious threat to premiership.

Boys is anyone willing to have a crack at a team of the year?
From the top clubs obviously players that would be a chance would be?
Rochy - Campbell Bowen Watson Duscher Cuttris?
Ky - Atkins Newman
Mansfield - Hart Geischan Vanderkooster
Seymour - PColbert, Saad?

interested in your thoughts

beattie from ky should be in the team of the year, absolute jet had a good year continually kickin 3-5 goals a game from the guts
Yeah my smokey for the Morrison!!!

B Freer (SU) Campbell (Roch) Watson (Roch)

HB Hopkins(Mans) Van Der Klooster (Mans) Fledtham(Shep)

C Atkins ( KY) Lee (Moor) Casey (Ech)

HF S Hart (Mans) P Colbert (Sey) Duscher(Roch)

F Newman (KY) Saad (Sey) Sidebottom (SU)
R Kirby (TAT)
RR Beattie (KY)
R Liddell (SEY)
Int: Durbridge (SS) Clarke (Shep) Watson (Euroa and 40) Little (Tat) Symes (Ben)
Edgar(Ech) Doxy (Eur) Sheehan(Mans)

Pretty hard to pick!!!:confused:

Boys is anyone willing to have a crack at a team of the year?
From the top clubs obviously players that would be a chance would be?
Rochy - Campbell Bowen Watson Duscher Cuttris?
Ky - Atkins Newman
Mansfield - Hart Geischan Vanderkooster
Seymour - PColbert, Saad?

interested in your thoughts

I will add a couple more,

Rochie - Aitken

Ky - Beattie and Vick

Seymour - Schottner

Tat - Kirby, Wellington

Pretty good attempt Ringo.

For Rochy, Dylan Cuttriss has had a pretty good year as a small forward. He's kicked 38 goals and represented the league.

Brad Collins has had a great year too.

Disappointing that for such an important game as the Ky rochy match injuries have impacted so heavily. Can't see Ky getting over the Tigers without Newman, Vick, Atkins and Deledio in the team. Reckon Rochy will win by plenty.

Pretty good attempt Ringo.

For Rochy, Dylan Cuttriss has had a pretty good year as a small forward. He's kicked 38 goals and represented the league.

Brad Collins has had a great year too.

Brad Collins maybe..Dylan Cuttriss not a chance. He is a small forward who hides out the back for the easy ball. Most team of the years are made up by the two smalls rotating between on ball and resting duties in the pocket. Cuttriss can't play on ball (it's body on body in the middle) BUT GRANTED HE CAN KICK SOME CHEAP GOALS. You need to be able to do both to get in these sides.

Interesting read in the Herald Sun paper about country footy payments

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25963771-19742,00.html

HERALD SUN COUNTRY FOOTBALL SURVEY

Does the AFL do enough for country footy?

Yes:11%
No:85%
Unsure: 4%

How much money does your club spend on player wages a year?

None: 3%
$1-$20,000 7%
$20,001-$40,000 19%
$40,001-$60,000 19%
$60,001-$80,000 13%
$80,001-$100,000 7%
$100,001+ 7%

Lions lost to the swans.Cannot believe it ! but having seen the effort going into some so called senior players training regime it is no surprise.These guys need to realise the reason seymour has been so good for the last few years is because the playing group worked and trained extremely hard.Certain players need to buy a mirror and have a good hard look ,although some seem to spend far to much time in front of the mirror preening and admiring themselves already.The commitee should be asking for some of them to pay the club to play, not the other way around.I dont know how habermen does it he is a great coach but is not getting the respect or results he deserves.

Lions lost to the swans.Cannot believe it ! but having seen the effort going into some so called senior players training regime it is no surprise.These guys need to realise the reason seymour has been so good for the last few years is because the playing group worked and trained extremely hard.Certain players need to buy a mirror and have a good hard look ,although some seem to spend far to much time in front of the mirror preening and admiring themselves already.The commitee should be asking for some of them to pay the club to play, not the other way around.I dont know how habermen does it he is a great coach but is not getting the respect or results he deserves.

Gee-I can remember the original Cec Bull-directing traffic after games and having a leak on the wing whilst the game was in progress!!!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back