Goulburn Valley FL - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the kd forum says gleeson is taking 4/5 mates with him would be tipping there from euroa . looks like strugle street at memorial oval

Yeh, not sure what's happened out there. Brad Gleeson is a Rushy lad and was keen to come home, so the tigers chased him, then he said he had some mates who wanted to come with him, but it turns out they're all regular 1's players.. We thought they must have been 2's players.. One of them is apparently Euroa's best player.

So, while the top end of the GV is looking super strong (Ky, Mansfield, Echuca, Swans, Rochy, United, Mooroopna, Tat..), the bottom end could be deplorable this year, with Benalla, Shepp and Euroa really struggling. That's the difference between GV and O&M - now that Myrtelford have picked up, there will be no 'terrible' sides in that comp.

Could be some real thrashing's in the GV this year which is a shame.

Yeh, not sure what's happened out there. Brad Gleeson is a Rushy lad and was keen to come home, so the tigers chased him, then he said he had some mates who wanted to come with him, but it turns out they're all regular 1's players.. We thought they must have been 2's players.. One of them is apparently Euroa's best player.

So, while the top end of the GV is looking super strong (Ky, Mansfield, Echuca, Swans, Rochy, United, Mooroopna, Tat..), the bottom end could be deplorable this year, with Benalla, Shepp and Euroa really struggling. That's the difference between GV and O&M - now that Myrtelford have picked up, there will be no 'terrible' sides in that comp.

Your right Tav, there will be a big gap bewteen top and bottom, but the difference this year between the O&M and GV is that realistically there only 2 teams that can win the O&M ( Albury & Yarra ) and one of them is a huge favourite. Where as any of those 8 sides you mentioned above are genuine chances to make the granny this year. That makes for a more exciting comp in my opinion.

Euroa`s best player last year would of be pat horsburgh and i dont think he would ever play against his home club!!

So who are the young kids ? Wont take troy mitchells spot or kent or white or hooper or andison or finn or sirrakowski. Half have gone or wont get a game.

I would think Young, Shelley, Vick, Ciaveralla, Reeves, Smith, Beck, Edwards, Wearden, Ogden if available, Thompson etc for starters would be in Williams mind. Most of these guys played seniors last year anyway. With Echuca, Ky have the best crop of young talent in the comp.

I would think Young, Shelley, Vick, Ciaveralla, Reeves, Smith, Beck, Edwards, Wearden, Ogden if available, Thompson etc for starters would be in Williams mind. Most of these guys played seniors last year anyway. With Echuca, Ky have the best crop of young talent in the comp.

civa, weardon, reeves will be thirds, counldn,t win it last year with yound kids, don,t think dirty will go done that path again, hence the recruiting of expierenced players.

civa, weardon, reeves will be thirds, counldn,t win it last year with yound kids, don,t think dirty will go done that path again, hence the recruiting of expierenced players.

All a year older now with finals experience I am sure if they want to be a part of it they will be given every opportunity. See if u can use the ' button instead of the ,. You will find it to the left of the enter button.;)

All a year older now with finals experience I am sure if they want to be a part of it they will be given every opportunity. See if u can use the ' button instead of the ,. You will find it to the left of the enter button.;)

Spot on, i'm not sure where ajm is coming from but you would be silly to leave the club now after what they achieved last year. Ky has been through some very ordinary seasons since their last flag and now being successful, you would be made to jump ship if you ever had ambitions of playing in finals, and winning them. All these new recruits have to squeeze out players from last years team which is only going to promote competition for spots which is a good sign of a successful club.

Spot on, i'm not sure where ajm is coming from but you would be silly to leave the club now after what they achieved last year. Ky has been through some very ordinary seasons since their last flag and now being successful, you would be made to jump ship if you ever had ambitions of playing in finals, and winning them. All these new recruits have to squeeze out players from last years team which is only going to promote competition for spots which is a good sign of a successful club.

where i'm coming from is to win a grand final you need your best and most expierenced players playing really well on the day it didn't happen for ky last year you can't expect the kids to pick up the slack, playing thirds kids in a senior grand final won't win you the game, they had 5 i think. once again hence the recruitment of 6 expierenced players, pettifer,adamson,seddon dickinson,barnett,and the chb guy.
sure during the season some good young kids will play afew games but come finals ky will play their best team.

Keep in mind that Ky have lost Withers, O'Sullivan, Pryde, Deledio, Mangan and probably Ogden from last years GF side. There could be a couple of others that escape me too. Not sure where you're getting Sierakowski from Tony - my mail is he isn't returning home but I could be wrong. Seems to me like Ky have recruited pretty well to cover their losses, however Pettifer will miss the first 6 and from all reports Barnett's knees are shot so time will tell if he can do as well in the GV as up north

where i'm coming from is to win a grand final you need your best and most expierenced players playing really well on the day it didn't happen for ky last year you can't expect the kids to pick up the slack, playing thirds kids in a senior grand final won't win you the game, they had 5 i think. once again hence the recruitment of 6 expierenced players, pettifer,adamson,seddon dickinson,barnett,and the chb guy.
sure during the season some good young kids will play afew games but come finals ky will play their best team.
They played close to who they thought was their best available side last year. What changes would you have made? Maybe Josh Pell in for maybe Brad Vick but thats all that springs to mind.

The five thirds players, three of whom, Ogden, Mangan and Pryde never played even a quarter of thirds for the year and Lovison only played the first game. Reality is they were more senior players then thirds players.

Your delirious if you think that Dirty would have chosen youth over skill and ability for such an important game.

In my opinion it was the youth of the side that was largely responsible for them getting to the GF. They were beaten by a better side, no disgrace in that, but I thought on the day the team was let down by their more experienced players, not the kids. Mangan was Ky's best player from where I sat.

In my opinion it was the youth of the side that was largely responsible for them getting to the GF. They were beaten by a better side, no disgrace in that, but I thought on the day the team was let down by their more experienced players, not the kids. Mangan was Ky's best player from where I sat.
glad we got a bit of solid debate going on. point i was making earlier was that with all recruiting focusing on experienced players, you will find those kids that may have played well last year being forced out of kys side. not familiar with all names, but couldnt see demasi, shellie, young playing ahead of your lintons, pells, mccormacks who will be fighting for spots. If i was 18/19. i would be preparing for a lot of reserves footy.
most would say this a good sign.

glad we got a bit of solid debate going on. point i was making earlier was that with all recruiting focusing on experienced players, you will find those kids that may have played well last year being forced out of kys side. not familiar with all names, but couldnt see demasi, shellie, young playing ahead of your lintons, pells, mccormacks who will be fighting for spots. If i was 18/19. i would be preparing for a lot of reserves footy.
most would say this a good sign.

Wouldn't you be preparing to have a crack? If you've played in a Senior GF the year before you'd be doing everything to do the same again which means pushing harder to keep your spot, not preparing for a lot of reserves footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't you be preparing to have a crack? If you've played in a Senior GF the year before you'd be doing everything to do the same again which means pushing harder to keep your spot, not preparing for a lot of reserves footy.

Preparing to play alot of reserves footy is alot like settling for reserves footy isn't it? Poor attitude.

Anyone know what Seymour's practice matches are this year? I checked their website and noticed they haven't updated it since Jesus played full back for the jews! :)

keep a sharp eye out for tatura young gun corey mallon this year. fresh out of thirds with around 10 games of senior expirience already. he will find the footy if he wins a spot on a wing.

Has anyone seen Benella train tonight. Have heard they have pick up ten players from the SANFL that were mainly fringe league players. I believe most come from Port Adeliade Football Club. We all know the $$ troubles they have and the players have decided to look else where. Playing at Port they where going to play for practically nothing. Have heard they all have jobs at the mill but are free to seek other employment in the area. Seems Tim Symes still has contacts in S.A Most are in the 21,22 age bracket.

Ky are without a doubt the side to beat. Adamson will still be a good pick up, will give the young Kyabram side some good leadership on the ground and reports are Seddon is a quality player too. I see them out in front pretty clearly. Echuca clear second and about 6-7 sides very even after that. Definately looking forward to what should be one of the most competitive years for a long time. Would be great to see a full strength interleague side...reckon it'd give the O&M a touch up!!
good leadership on the ground, not so much off the ground, i think thats where these rumblings are coming from, between him and another of there forwardline recruits there off ground antics are not well liked by some of there more responsible people at ky

Not sure there about that one Tav,as posted, Euroa's best players last year were Horsburgh and Watson and both are no Chance at playing for Rushy, can't see too many leaving for Ironbark stadium but time will tell. As for Gleeso, he put a price on his head when he said he was going to VT but the club wouldn't come to his money terms.I hope as a young bloke , he hasn't put added pressure on himself to perform,I persume he is getting paid that is.

Not sure there about that one Tav,as posted, Euroa's best players last year were Horsburgh and Watson and both are no Chance at playing for Rushy, can't see too many leaving for Ironbark stadium but time will tell. As for Gleeso, he put a price on his head when he said he was going to VT but the club wouldn't come to his money terms.I hope as a young bloke , he hasn't put added pressure on himself to perform,I persume he is getting paid that is.

Tav might be talking about Whippet, Jax... After all he is the greatest player to wear the black and white at memorial oval.

Tav might be talking about Whippet, Jax... After all he is the greatest player to wear the black and white at memorial oval.

What no more mullets, gloves or long sleeves at Euroa?

What no more mullets, gloves or long sleeves at Euroa?
Had a look at the clearances earlier, and yes the great Whippet has been cleared by Euroa to another league. Sad day indeed. I remember where i was the day Kennedy was shot, the day Princess Di was killed and the day Whippet played his 250th game at Kings park Seymour. Before the game he ran through a banner made up of 4 sheets of A4 paper to the applause of both the Euroa and Seymour boys. Ah country footy at its best.

Yep FOOTYBOSS, one of Euroa's very finest, was very stiff not to be running out in the late game a number of times. I guess past coaches just couldn't see the potential this bloke had like we did.:D

As Doona pointed out, won't be the same not seeing the galloping human trunk run around in his long sleeves, with skinny white legs and enough tape on his body to supply all the medics in both world wars.:D:D

On a serious note,he has been a fine contributor for Euroa for a long time.. GO THE WHIPPET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back