Goulburn Valley FL U/18s

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
So who has been a naughty club..................following on from their netballers! Looks like they are out of finals!
Well is Karma Great. Shep bears whinge against Benalla and get them kicked out of the 2011 finals after killing them. ! year later, the Bears win the U/18's against Kyabram playing someone who hadn't played all year. Can't wait to see how this plays out but knowing the GV, will let it slid because it involves a Shep team.

Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
No action on this site at all. This competition is the breeding ground for the seniors and it is disappointing their is a lack of comment on our future stars.
What are ppls opinions of the competition after three rounds?
Looks like United and Kyabram will be hard to beat.
Benalla should do well but there has been a couple of sides that will struggle who have in the past done very well. Whats happened at the Swans and Mansfield? Both wineless so far. Swans didnt win many games last year and appear to be struggling again after making finals pretty regularly. Mansfield also struggling as well it would appear.

silentnight4

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Echuca being undefeated seem to be clear favourites for U18s premiership? I know seymour pushed them and should’ve won on weekend had it not been for young Evans.
I also hear mooroopna could be threat as they have a few guns coming back from injury who have played senior footy this year, anyone know any truth to these and who these kids are?
And are Kyabram a sneaky chance or is down to echuca and Seymour or mooroopna if these injured kids are any good?

Onlooker1

Cancelled
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Echuca being undefeated seem to be clear favourites for U18s premiership? I know seymour pushed them and should’ve won on weekend had it not been for young Evans.
I also hear mooroopna could be threat as they have a few guns coming back from injury who have played senior footy this year, anyone know any truth to these and who these kids are?
And are Kyabram a sneaky chance or is down to echuca and Seymour or mooroopna if these injured kids are any good?

Echuca for mine. Seymour pushed them as much as they have been all year on the weekend. They would be the only ones who could get Echuca I’d think.
Mooroopna go well but I’d be surprised if they would beat either one of those two.

Finals serves up funny things but would be a big upset if mooroopna could beat them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

akka dakka

Senior List
Feb 20, 2006
Indooroopilly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Echuca for mine. Seymour pushed them as much as they have been all year on the weekend. They would be the only ones who could get Echuca I’d think.
Mooroopna go well but I’d be surprised if they would beat either one of those two.

Finals serves up funny things but would be a big upset if mooroopna could beat them.

I reckon coachcarter7 would be the best qualified to make judgement on this

Wingard

Rookie
Jun 9, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Seymour a massive chance to get Echuca next time. Mooroopna are a good side but don’t think they’ll match Echuca or Seymour

coachcarter7

Debutant
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon coachcarter7 would be the best qualified to make judgement on this

Mooroopna were missing Max Daunt & Isaac Dowling however I'm not privy to their injuries and if they'll be available. Dowling hasn't played for a long time and last I heard he was touch and go to play finals. He'd be a big inclusion but they'd need him and playing well to challenge IMO.

Seymour a real chance as I believe they're the most talented side but Echuca much better structured and coached. I'd expect Rigoni comes in now to further top Seymour up with the seniors losing and I expect Evans to play seniors now (was very close on the weekend). This swing could be crucial if they play again.

My pick is Seymour to inflict Echuca's first loss when it matters most. Should be a great contest if they both get there!

silentnight4

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mooroopna were missing Max Daunt & Isaac Dowling however I'm not privy to their injuries and if they'll be available. Dowling hasn't played for a long time and last I heard he was touch and go to play finals. He'd be a big inclusion but they'd need him and playing well to challenge IMO.

Seymour a real chance as I believe they're the most talented side but Echuca much better structured and coached. I'd expect Rigoni comes in now to further top Seymour up with the seniors losing and I expect Evans to play seniors now (was very close on the weekend). This swing could be crucial if they play again.

My pick is Seymour to inflict Echuca's first loss when it matters most. Should be a great contest if they both get there!

Do you think that these 2 can make a difference and are any chance to play? Who even are those 2?

akka dakka

Senior List
Feb 20, 2006
Indooroopilly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there a reason that this has become the teeny bopper page? I thought the U/18's had their very own thread?
So no more discussion about Pioneers players , or the fact that Jack Evans (under 18s) could have a massive impact for Echuca in the ones in the next few weeks. Better delete the discussion about the 17 year old that the Tatura senior coach donged as well. Please don't mention Gagliardi and Wild on this thread either as they are still 3rds age. Interesting call from a former TAC coach🤔.
Without them this thread doesn't have much of a future!! Just sayin'

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
So no more discussion about Pioneers players , or the fact that Jack Evans (under 18s) could have a massive impact for Echuca in the ones in the next few weeks. Better delete the discussion about the 17 year old that the Tatura senior coach donged as well. Please don't mention Gagliardi and Wild on this thread either as they are still 3rds age. Interesting call from a former TAC coach🤔.
Without them this thread doesn't have much of a future!! Just sayin'

No problem with U/18s football that is related to senior footy. However, the U/18 thread is the place for purely U/18 discussion that relate to tips etc. This is the forum for senior football and seeing its finals time I think this is the most interesting time on BF. Not sure why we would be interested in U/18 football on this thread? We haven't had it all year. If people are interested in U/18 footy then they should perhaps follow that thread.

See below;

Last edited:
Back