Goulburn Valley General Thread 2011- 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Rochy had a solid 34-point win over Seymour. Mansfield flogged Echuca by 10 goals. Rochy and Mansfield play next week which should be a good game.

Bradrowe it was more than solid. Rochy smashed Seymour today. Should have been 10 goals plus. Seymour had no answers, no excuses. We are very disappointed. Rochester would have to be the favourites for the flag now. Well coached and with their usual priceless Rochy team spirit they seem to have what it takes.

Rochy had a solid 34-point win over Seymour. Mansfield flogged Echuca by 10 goals. Rochy and Mansfield play next week which should be a good game.
Mansfield have beaten Swans, Bears and Echuca which they need to do to fill the bottom spots in the final 6.
This is their first test against one of my big 3 flag contenders (Rochy, Mooroopna and Tat). But against Rochy at home, I think Rochy should win by 6-10 goals.
With The split round now upon us, Week 2 games will all be around 6-10 goal margins in my view. Rochy over Mansfield, Tat at home over Seymour and Mooroopna over Bears.
I think the closer ones will be Week 1 with Swans v Euroa, Echuca v Benalla and Kyabram v United.

Mansfield have beaten Swans, Bears and Echuca which they need to do to fill the bottom spots in the final 6.
This is their first test against one of my big 3 flag contenders (Rochy, Mooroopna and Tat). But against Rochy at home, I think Rochy should win by 6-10 goals.
With The split round now upon us, Week 2 games will all be around 6-10 goal margins in my view. Rochy over Mansfield, Tat at home over Seymour and Mooroopna over Bears.
I think the closer ones will be Week 1 with Swans v Euroa, Echuca v Benalla and Kyabram v United.

Saw a bit of Mansfield v Echuca and they really set up well in the back half and cracked in at every stoppage and were too big and strong. I also saw the last 15 mins of Seymour v Rochy and that seemed to be a much better game. Rochy should win comfortably

It's all over the kdl thread that durward has gone back to Tatura. I've never seen him play, is he a chance to be the diffence in them getting a flag..? What position will he play and is he a frontline GV player..?

It's all over the kdl thread that durward has gone back to Tatura. I've never seen him play, is he a chance to be the diffence in them getting a flag..? What position will he play and is he a frontline GV player..?
Will be enough to make them favourites for the flag if not already. He's a quality player and has represented the league. Hes a utility, can play fwd, mid or back and can play tall or small

Will be enough to make them favourites for the flag if not already. He's a quality player and has represented the league. Hes a utility, can play fwd, mid or back and can play tall or small
do tat need a clearance for tom to play with them? wonder how forthcoming Murch will be with that request?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alistair Jacka (Benalla), Rhys Archard, Matthew Pollock (Echuca), Robbie Wood (Euroa), Paul Newman, Jason Morgan, Liam Ogden, Nathan Beck (Kyabram), Adam Boshevski, Rodney Woodford, Dan Roy (Mansfield), Michael Roberts, Wayne Patak, Dan Collyer (Mooroopna), Guy Campbell, Ashley Watson, James Brain (Rochester), Paul Colbert, Brent Colbert, Matthew O’Keefe (Seymour), Rhys O’Sullivan (Shepparton Bears), Brodie A’Vard, Chris Egan (Shepparton Swans), Tim Looby, Shaun Huy, Ryan Butler, Matthew Rendina (Shepparton United), Paul Kirby, Tom Miller, Jayden Young (Tatura).

Not a bad squad, any surprises there? or players who you think should be in the side?

Alistair Jacka (Benalla), Rhys Archard, Matthew Pollock (Echuca), Robbie Wood (Euroa), Paul Newman, Jason Morgan, Liam Ogden, Nathan Beck (Kyabram), Adam Boshevski, Rodney Woodford, Dan Roy (Mansfield), Michael Roberts, Wayne Patak, Dan Collyer (Mooroopna), Guy Campbell, Ashley Watson, James Brain (Rochester), Paul Colbert, Brent Colbert, Matthew O’Keefe (Seymour), Rhys O’Sullivan (Shepparton Bears), Brodie A’Vard, Chris Egan (Shepparton Swans), Tim Looby, Shaun Huy, Ryan Butler, Matthew Rendina (Shepparton United), Paul Kirby, Tom Miller, Jayden Young (Tatura).

Not a bad squad, any surprises there? or players who you think should be in the side?

Is Paul Kirby seen as the best ruckman in the league as he cant play anywhere else?
if he is a key position player all other spots well and truly covered IMO.

James Brain is picked based on reputation as hasnt set it on fire......yet. Solid game against United and Echuca but far from absolutely dominate.

Most of the others pick themselves from last year.

Is Paul Kirby seen as the best ruckman in the league as he cant play anywhere else?

James Brain is picked based on reputation as hasnt set it on fire......yet. Solid game against United and Echuca but far from absolutely dominate.

Scott Mcglone would have to be in the squad.

They have said that they'll be adding a couple more players to the squad after this weekend.

for me, tom miller is a big surprise in to the squad.
also surprised that pierce liddle wasnt included. given his past 3 years have been of a very high standard, also started this year off very well!

From the game time I have seen Tim Little play at Mooroopna all day against Blake and the game time he had v Euroa against Wood and today against Seymour he is close to the best ruckman in the league. He has played interleague before and I would pick him to play, but unfortunately he got injured again today after dominating for a quater and half :(. I did think Kirbs rucked well against United for nearly the entire match against Edwards when Little was out, so with some help I think Kirbs will be fine with the Interleague ruck duties.

I think the Tom Miller doubters would have been impressed with his effort against Saad today. In the 3rd qtr it was good to see a full back take a hanger over Saad for a change! From Seymour today I would have Matt O'Keeffe and Brendan Liddell up for contention too!

Big win by Rochy yesterday with 2 knee injuries and 4 other regular senior players out injured. Testing depth which they seem to have this year.
Aitken looks likely to be 4-6 weeks and unfortunately for Sanders looks likely to be a full reco and 12 months.

Mansfield were solid again and heard they had a few out as well so can only judge the win based on the players that played.

Big game next week against Tat for Rochy with at least 3-4 to come back in and cover the losses.

Got the chance to watch Ash Watson on the weekend, been named best on the last 3 weeks. This bloke is without a doubt the best midfielder in the comp, his work around stoppages in sensational!

Got the chance to watch Ash Watson on the weekend, been named best on the last 3 weeks. This bloke is without a doubt the best midfielder in the comp, his work around stoppages in sensational!
Ash was picked up by North Melbourne in the early 2000s when the Roos had a strong midfield and it was hard for him to break into their team. Dean Laidley probably didnt really help him much either - only give him short spirts off the bench.
For mine, I can't understand why another AFL club who needed some more midfield depth didn't grab him at the time he was delisted. From memory he may have won a B & F at North Ballarat as well.

Big win by Rochy yesterday with 2 knee injuries and 4 other regular senior players out injured. Testing depth which they seem to have this year.
Aitken looks likely to be 4-6 weeks and unfortunately for Sanders looks likely to be a full reco and 12 months.

Mansfield were solid again and heard they had a few out as well so can only judge the win based on the players that played.

Big game next week against Tat for Rochy with at least 3-4 to come back in and cover the losses.

Is that Chris Sanders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back