Governance

Remove this Banner Ad

How many other sports or listed companies in the world would allow a brother of a current coach/ceo to run the umpires department/anti- corruption board?
Not to mention their new CEO and his history.
AFL 🤣

You are welcome on the above thread where Cats fans line up to avoid the issue in great detail. 🤣

Or the following thread where many of the same Cats supporters will wish they could have their time again:

According to many Cats supporters, and almost unbelievably a few other club supporters, it is fine for the twin brother and best friend of a current AFL coach to be the main influence over all rule changes and changes of interpretation on a weekly basis, and act as final decision maker in all MRO cases, and oversee the umpiring department(thankfully no longer the case though the exact level of influence is not known.). This is fine apparently because ex-St Kilda and Carlton player Leigh Fisher umpires some matches involving those teams. :oops:

Last edited:
After retiring, Christian became a football commentator and has commentated on radio for Triple M, Geelong station K-Rock (3GL) and 3AW, as well as for Network Ten. He hosted the breakfast program, Prime Time Sports Interactive, on Sport 927 with Angela Pippos and The Fifth Quarter, a post-match show following Saturday night AFL games, between 2004 and 2007 with Andrew Maher and from 2008 to 2011, with rotating expert commentators Michael Voss, Malcolm Blight or Luke Darcy.

Christian also commentated on weightlifting events at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.

He compered The Final Siren, a Sunday night football review show, in 2011.

Under reformed procedures introduced by the AFL, Christian was appointed Match Review Officer, the AFL's sole adjudicator for the Match Review Panel, in 2017.

Michael Christian - Wikipedia

How is this person even remotely qualified to be the sole adjudicator for a pie eating contest let alone 'sole adjudicator' for the MRP?

You are welcome on the above thread where Cats fans line up to avoid the issue in great detail. 🤣

Or the following thread where many of the same Cats supporters will wish they could have their time again:

According to many Cats supporters, and almost unbelievably a few other club supporters, it is fine for the twin brother and best friend of a current AFL coach to be the main influence over all rule changes and changes of interpretation on a weekly basis, and act as final decision maker in all MRO cases, and oversee the umpiring department(thankfully no longer the case though the exact level of influence is not known.). This is fine apparently because ex-St Kilda and Carlton player Leigh Fisher umpires some matches involving those teams. :oops:
While not fully on board with Tiger discontent due to their incedible recent history, I do agree the incestous appointments of the AFL leave me feeling dirty.

How many other sports or listed companies in the world would allow a brother of a current coach/ceo to run the umpires department/anti- corruption board?
Not to mention their new CEO and his history.
AFL 🤣
What other sport has a seperate rule for a single individual while not only totally avoiding any discussion about the player he grew up emulating but putting said player on a pedestal??

Apparently Collingwood are claiming a conflict of interest from Ollie wanting to go to the Cats. They've asked the Governer General to step in and stop the trade...:drunk:

Well the keyboard mashers are in early this year....
It’s got nothing to do with your mob!
I’m talking about the principal.
There are plenty more examples of poor management and conflict of interest.

You Geelong ppl need to get over yourselves

Apparently Collingwood are claiming a conflict of interest from Ollie wanting to go to the Cats. They've asked the Governer General to step in and stop the trade...:drunk:
I have obviously hit a nerve.
I question a real world governance issue and you respond like a toddler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have obviously hit a nerve.
I question a real world governance issue and you respond like a toddler

4f8.jpg

🤣🤣🤣 you flog.
It’s a point about conflict of interest in sports admin / business.
Geelong are not the first team to have experienced it, but it should stop

Should look up what conflict of interest actually means including perceived conflicts of interest. Also, how businesses manage any actual/perceived CoI as well.

Currently, there's no evidence that there is any conflict of interest and just blabbing about a sibling means nothing....

Should look up what conflict of interest actually means including perceived conflicts of interest. Also, how businesses manage any actual/perceived CoI as well.

Currently, there's no evidence that there is any conflict of interest and just blabbing about a sibling means nothing....
That is the conflict, anything that can influence an outcome.
Nancy Pelosi telling her husband what to buy in atocks as an example

Remove this Banner Ad

Back