Gowers is God

Remove this Banner Ad

I just noticed something on the replay of the Suns game. Just before the quarter time siren Gowers took a grab on the wing. After the siren he proceeded to go back and take a shot from 100 metres out... I love him.
It was a cheapy. No chance of a goal but doesn't hurt his stats.

Gowers is hands down the greatest Bulldog I’ve seen - in fact he’s quite probably the greatest player of all time...

Seriously, he’s travelling ok, and his commitment and competitive spirit can’t be questioned. If not actually getting the ball, he’s blocking and providing contact on opposition players constantly, some of his team mates could follow his lead a bit more.

It was a cheapy. No chance of a goal but doesn't hurt his stats.
Perhaps, but the wind was there so maybe he thought it could be caught. Also, only 1 GWS player was awake to it so I think it was worth a punt (or torp, in this case).

Perhaps, but the wind was there so maybe he thought it could be caught. Also, only 1 GWS player was awake to it so I think it was worth a punt (or torp, in this case).
This - if it skidded on and scored we'd be lauding him as a genius.

I just noticed something on the replay of the Suns game. Just before the quarter time siren Gowers took a grab on the wing. After the siren he proceeded to go back and take a shot from 100 metres out... I love him.
Just went back to see this as well, what was the umpire thinking?! The siren went as Williams kicked it and the ump blew his whistle as the ball was in the air. Why he let Gowers have a shot is beyond me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Stewart from Essendon and LeCras failed to trouble the scorers in round 8 only 3 players have now kicked a goal in every round this season.
Gowers
Hogan
Hoskin-Elliott.

I don’t know why but for as long as I have known of his existence I have internally referred to the third member of that list as Will F*cken-Idiot.

Must be something about the hyphen and the syllables and the fact he’s a f*cken-idiot.

I don’t know why but for as long as I have known of his existence I have internally referred to the third member of that list as Will F*cken-Idiot.

Must be something about the hyphen and the syllables and the fact he’s a f*cken-idiot.
More likely the fact he plays for GWS. Which is a perfectly good reason to hate someone btw.

Gowers hands are unreal, obviously great in the air but had at least 3 clean half volleys at speed on the weekend which werent easy. Actually a pretty neat field kick too and he's better around the goals on the run than I expected, just needs to iron out the one or two inexcuseable 20m set shots he fluffs a week and he will be some player. I reckon he's got a bag of 5+ coming where it all clicks for him pretty soon.

Gowers hands are unreal, obviously great in the air but had at least 3 clean half volleys at speed on the weekend which werent easy. Actually a pretty neat field kick too and he's better around the goals on the run than I expected, just needs to iron out the one or two inexcuseable 20m set shots he fluffs a week and he will be some player. I reckon he's got a bag of 5+ coming where it all clicks for him pretty soon.

I thought he dropped some easy marks, but made up for it with some unbelievable ground balls.

We've found a winner in this guy.

I also like how Billy looks like one of those dudes who doesn't get injured much , like Zaine too.
And he's got a work effort, often possies in the back pocket!
I think he could play in the middle

I also like how Billy looks like one of those dudes who doesn't get injured much , like Zaine too.
Why would you say this? OH MY GOD WHAT CARNAGE MAY WE SEE THIS WEEKEND?

Na, long may it continue for those two.

More likely the fact he plays for GWS. Which is a perfectly good reason to hate someone btw.
He's been at Collingwood for a couple of years now, who would have thought that going to Collingwood would improve someone's personality.

IIRC he's a western suburbs boy too, recruited from the Jets.

He's been at Collingwood for a couple of years now, who would have thought that going to Collingwood would improve someone's personality.

IIRC he's a western suburbs boy too, recruited from the Jets.
North Sunshine.I think his grandad might of played for the Pies which is why he supported Collingwood as a youngster.

One thing i love about Gower is that he attacks the footy in the air or waits down as the small forward role.
Picking off defenders that don't kill the ball in the air

You do realise he's played 8 AFL games right?

You may have put the moz on him here.

22 year olds shouldn't really get injured too much anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back