Gowers is God

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From the Ghosty article on our website:

Understandably nervous pre-game, Lynch said it was Dale Morris and Billy Gowers who helped calm him down, and he also credited development coaches Jamie Maddocks and Jordan Russell for helping get him to the moment.
“When I first walked in, Billy Gowers come up to me, he acts like a 200-game player, and he plays like it as well. He really calmed me before the game, he said.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wasn’t mature enough when he was rookie listed at Carlton, but he’s a good example of where hard work can get you. Hopefully we are just scratching the surface of what he’s capable of now!

What seems to be a great asset is that he finds space a lot, hopefully he proves to be a difficult match up
I liked him in the midfield last night too, he’s a tough nut. Wallis, Dunkley and Gowers/Dahlhaus in the middle gives us a bit of grunt.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Time to check in with the Billy vs Jake 2018 stats.

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Compare?playerIds=CD_I293884,CD_I298277&comparisonTab=h2h

Considering Stringer has learnt how to tackle all of a sudden and is playing his best season since 2015, Gowers is batting well above his expected output.

Can confirm, the dude is god.

I don't think Gowers is a good comparison to Stringer since Jake is playing a lot more midfield time now. I much prefer this comparison:

http://m.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Compare?playerIds=CD_I996483,CD_I293884&comparisonTab=h2h

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
On a serious note, I didn't see us crush Norf's finals hopes, but read that the God Gowers played in defence. How did he go?
He wasn thrown into the ruck late in the 2nd when Trengove covered for Cordy but after half time he went back and Trengove resumed in the ruck and we started to gain momentum. Gowers played OK and kicked a beautiful goal from outside 50 and showed his versatility. His disposal was a bit iffy at times but for the most part played his role, a lot to like about our Billy...

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Wasn’t mature enough when he was rookie listed at Carlton, but he’s a good example of where hard work can get you. Hopefully we are just scratching the surface of what he’s capable of now!

What seems to be a great asset is that he finds space a lot, hopefully he proves to be a difficult match up
love players like gowers. not super stars, but train, play and try their heart out. real inspiration. they do the 1 percenters than win you close games. go gowers and become another amazing player for the dogs.

and oh carlton. suck it up you muppets for letting him go. your loss our gain. moron overrated carlton football club.

Morris Major

Premium Gold
Apr 28, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
GET AROUND HIM

22Under22_Squad_2018_1920x1080.jpg

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Great vid, going out to visit the young fella. He is a good little boy and his old man a terrific bloke, I know it would have made their day.

Cordy is better than all those defenders except for Andrews.

And Schache is a bit unlucky as well.

You'd also think Boyd is a better ruck than English.

Boyd doesn't qualify - he turns 23 next week. English and Darcy are only in the squad as no other under 23 ruckman qualified.

agree Cordy should be in the squad.

For mine, Schache hasn't done near enough to come into calculations.

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Boyd doesn't qualify - he turns 23 next week. English and Darcy are only in the squad as no other under 23 ruckman qualified.

agree Cordy should be in the squad.

For mine, Schache hasn't done near enough to come into calculations.
When's the cut off, end of the season?

Back