Preview Grading our list

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly believe we can do it.. imagine all our players with a stealy resolve. We can get away with Moore Reid Cox up front.. not the greatest line up.. but belief goes a long way. Our defence was ok this yr.. didn't concede much.. our midfield is key.. if they gel.. watch out.. but they haven't as yet. Have the ability to maul the opposition though.
That my friend is largely hinging on development which I expect will head north, good to see you have some optimism Gimp:thumbsu:

That my friend is largely hinging on development which I expect will head north, good to see you have some optimism Gimp:thumbsu:

Always have.. don't mistaken pessimism for someone who is an advocate for change.. change for the better.

That's all I've ever stood for re.

Goldsack C + (for effort and team work A)
I see you're not the only poster to give Goldsack a C + but I thought he had a very decent year and was much more than just "hard working". Perhaps he's been marked down because you expect him to start declining due to age, and he might, but this year he finally had a fair crack at it fitness wise and played rather well.

I see you're not the only poster to give Goldsack a C + but I thought he had a very decent year and was much more than just "hard working". Perhaps he's been marked down because you expect him to start declining due to age, and he might, but this year he finally had a fair crack at it fitness wise and played rather well.

As much as I love the effort he puts in week in week out. He's just not what we need. That's being brutally honest.

Totally agree, Tigers won flag with one of the most average lists of all time IMO. If they back it up next year then I'll rate them more highly. Anything is possible if we can out **** together next year.
While not a great flag list, like the Doggies, we are kidding ourselves if we are saying are somehow not far off them.

The biggest difference between the lists and the area where we are most deficient is top end class. Tigers have the best mid in the game, the best KPD in the game and one of the best few KPFs in the game as well as another top class A grade mid. Especially with Martin, Rance and Reiwoldt we have no one one our list who gets close to them or looks like they will in the next few seasons.

The Tigers small forward line was totally reliant on a hard working, pressure contributing AGrade KPF. No Riewoldt type and they can't win. In addition when it came down to it all their champs performed big time on the big stage when it mattered. Not saying we can't improve but the difference between their top end and ours is stark.

He is a tricky one, he's terrific really good but it's the 1 per centers etc
He's not a star but gee he makes up for it.
Amazing what a full pre season can do.

I'm going to edit him to B-

Because you're right, he deserves that bit more credit and I'm going to give it.
Good points you made. I'm on board.

Hey SV leave the little man alone.

Blair D-

Oxley, Brown, Kirby, Crocker, Mayne all D

Give him a D too.
You are right, compared to others he's that bit better as he does run to right spots.
I do admire what he's done, but I'm afraid I just don't have him as doing enough for his spot.

But you're correct he should be a bit higher marked, I'll edit it to be D +
Because really he isn't D -
I'm going to correct that error.

Ps brown, Kirby is just marked D as they'll need more games and we can see what they're about. Promising!

You are right, compared to others he's that bit better as he does run to right spots.
I do admire what he's done, but I'm afraid I just don't have him as doing enough for his spot.

But you're correct he should be a bit higher marked, I'll edit it to be D +
Because really he isn't D -
I'm going to correct that error.

Ps brown, Kirby is just marked D as they'll need more games and we can see what they're about. Promising!
Yeah agreed. I am on board with the idea that Blair shouldn't be in the 22 anymore. We need people like Brown and Daicos and Kirby going past him. They still have to do it though and I suspect not all of those 3 will in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agreed. I am on board with the idea that Blair shouldn't be in the 22 anymore. We need people like Brown and Daicos and Kirby going past him. They still have to do it though and I suspect not all of those 3 will in the end.
Be interesting to see how you rate the three you mentioned in most likely to make it to least.

I'd plug for

Daicos as most likely with fine upside and nice silky type skills.

Kirby next, could make it, but will require the discipline etc. Kirby, with easily biggest upside with strong tough goal kicking skills. Up to him ofcourse but he looks the most upside. Byron Pickett is a fair imagined level for him. All potential.

Then Brown. From everyone I hear, perfect attitude, perfect work ethic. Yet might just be bread and butter player. But he'll leave nothing in the tank in trying to get there.

Be interesting to see how you rate the three you mentioned in most likely to make it to least.

I'd plug for

Daicos as most likely with fine upside and nice silky type skills.

Kirby next, could make it, but will require the discipline etc. Kirby, with easily biggest upside with strong tough goal kicking skills. Up to him ofcourse but he looks the most upside. Byron Pickett is a fair imagined level for him. All potential.

Then Brown. From everyone I hear, perfect attitude, perfect work ethic. Yet might just be bread and butter player. But he'll leave nothing in the tank in trying to get there.
Would agree exactly.

Daicos really impressed from day 1, I was surprised how quickly he adapted, its those genes

Kirby has a look that could be anything but has more ???

Brown is the closest to Blair on the list. Will spend all his pennies trying just hope he gets a bit more game so to speak. Hopefully leans more to Picken than Blair.

Would agree exactly.

Daicos really impressed from day 1, I was surprised how quickly he adapted, its those genes

Kirby has a look that could be anything but has more ???

Brown is the closest to Blair on the list. Will spend all his pennies trying just hope he gets a bit more game so to speak. Hopefully leans more to Picken than Blair.
Lol I thought were not (I'm not) going to mention Mr Blair :eek:

I'd say you're right though.
He's the one that looks most white bread.

But one thing for certain, based on attitude and work ethic he'll do everything to get his chance.

And maybe just maybe he matures body wise as his dad and we might all look back on this and say no brainer, he's a beauty.
But at this stage white bread, thus far.

Ps Daicos spot on. Just seemed to adapt to afl tempo at once. Like josh Thomas after the long absence, they picked up the tempo as if doing it every week.

I always like that.

Callum Brown C
Josh Daicos D+
Alex Fasolo C+
Brayden Maynard C+
If I was being optimistic, these are the guys I could see improving to a materially higher rating. 3 up and coming players that have shown at least some signs of high upper limit potential. Fasolo could be B+ or D depending on injury and mindset. I'm nearly ready to give up on his potential but he has real ability. The rest IMO are about right.

Treloar A+ ? but Adams only a B? on production? Sure you aren't letting Treloars potential *best* influence too much?

If Adams is a B then Treloar would also be B, on "Production" not a lot separates them except Adams works his arse off defensively and Treloar often can be seen walking and watching. Disposal wise they are about on par with the apple turnovers.
I'd have Treloar at around A. Maybe A- Adams in not better than B. Yes he works back but he murders momentum by either turning it over across half back/centre or hitting a players feet and stopping his run. You can't be an A grader with his delivery. If he's A then Pendlebury needs a new alphabet.

If I was being optimistic, these are the guys I could see improving to a materially higher rating. 3 up and coming players that have shown at least some signs of high upper limit potential. Fasolo could be B+ or D depending on injury and mindset. I'm nearly ready to give up on his potential but he has real ability. The rest IMO are about right.
I’ve seen enough of Fasolo to suggest it won’t get much better UNLESS he really knuckles down but I think we should’ve traded him. I’ll predict another C+. Might be being harsh because he was suffering mental issues but i don’t see him improving anyway.

Maynard similar boat. I can’t see him all of sudden being better than he was in 2017. Think he give us more of the same in 18.

Brown and Daicos should play a few more games than they did in 2017. It will be interesting to see how much they can improve on last year. It’s a not yet still from me.

All in all i don’t see the team as a whole being better if at all in 2018.

The great potential positive with Fasolo is that his issues are now open. He can be himself a bit more and those around him can understand a bit more. That may just be what allows him to knuckle down and maintain confidence. He's a confidence performer.

I agree about where stand overall in 2018. It's another frustrating wasted year IMO. I just hope that at the end of it we know that we have a few quality kids (Brown, Daicos, this years first rounder if we are lucky) and players like DeGoey and Moore settle as A graders to be. Then we might make a few calls on players that won't make it.

We are 2 to 3 drafts off anything meaningful list wise.

Treloar ain't no A+. A+ is reserved for players that consistently can turn a game off their own boot via bringing teammates into the game as well as their own game changing feats.
Until his kicking game develops from B+ to A+ (in that he brings other players into the game through precision passing & meters gained) and using his line breaking speed as opposed to being a bit too handball happy, he'll be at a lower rating.
It's there but not in the Pendlebury / Wells ball using class - yet. Those two are both beautiful movers and users of the ball. They bring teammates into those game changing moments.

Last edited:
Fasolo needs to deliver more than one contest efforts given his propensity to go to ground.
Just get the 2010/2011 tapes out of our forward 50 efforts and re-enforce that is the benchmark. Repeated, manic defensive forward line acts. Keep it in there. s**t I loved that.
Richmonds efforts in the finals series reminded me of that. They just broke sides through repeated defensive efforts which turned into offensive opportunities.
That's when the likes of Fas, Elliott, Sidey are and will be at at their best.

As it stands Fas is the bloke that rips onto the dance floor and gives it a red hot go for a few songs. If the ladies don't show enough interest early he'll be back but only after one of the boys has put in the groundwork.

And for what it's worth, I reckon WHE is our modern day version of Caracella. More to come on this front.

I'd have Treloar at around A. Maybe A- Adams in not better than B. Yes he works back but he murders momentum by either turning it over across half back/centre or hitting a players feet and stopping his run. You can't be an A grader with his delivery. If he's A then Pendlebury needs a new alphabet.

Treloar is no better then Adams at delivering the pill. Adams also hits up some very nice passes by foot he just over kicks it at times and his howlers stand out.

Everyone just forgives Treloar when he does it due to reputation of being a "young star" and displaying more flash when breaking. Also i didn't rate them a B I was merely stating that Treloars season was not an A+ vs Adams B. I'd have them both around an B+ or at best an A-.

Treloar is no better then Adams at delivering the pill. Adams also hits up some very nice passes by foot he just over kicks it at times and his howlers stand out.

Everyone just forgives Treloar when he does it due to reputation of being a "young star" and displaying more flash when breaking. Also i didn't rate them a B I was merely stating that Treloars season was not an A+ vs Adams B. I'd have them both around an B+ or at best an A-.
I think Treloar underperformed in 2017. He looked a bit lame to me. The rating is a 2018 expectation. If he doesn't improve then he's a B grader. I rate his kicking above Adams' but it isn't anywhere near Pendlebury. Adams is just poor though. He has an B+/A- game with c feet and poor decisions making. He's overrated. Hawks Mitchel is a long long way ahead and he gets criticised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back