Socceroos (Graham Arnold and) The Socceroos Thread

We have hardly anyone playing regularly in top leagues and one who atleast played champions league is throwing away his career. Joke

Where has it been said he is going? All that has been reported is that they want to trigger his release clause.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We have hardly anyone playing regularly in top leagues and one who atleast played champions league is throwing away his career. Joke
Professional footballers still want to be paid.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
My heart bleeds for him on his 10 grand or so a week
Those leagues are notorious for not paying players for months, and as weve seen in the AFL even, guys will always look for coin..... hardly a new thing

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Those leagues are notorious for not paying players for months, and as weve seen in the AFL even, guys will always look for coin..... hardly a new thing

I don't know what the * you are on about. A current Socceroos international could make plenty of money playing in 20 better leagues than that one

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don't know what the **** you are on about. A current Socceroos international could make plenty of money playing in 20 better leagues than that one
Tell me, if you could do your job for 3 times the money would you say no ??

I can't speak for him but there's no way I'd ever move to Saudi Arabia, not even for an astronomical offer.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I can't speak for him but there's no way I'd ever move to Saudi Arabia, not even for an astronomical offer.
See I would, I'd only have to do it for 12 to 18 months and I could leave.

I'd even live in Sydney for that if I had too haha

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

You can take that offer when you 33 and done with international and proper professional soccer. * the money there's so much more to life.
One day he will wake up and think I wish I actually tested myself as a played instead of playing in that backwater s**t hole of a kingdom

Can't believe Degenek at 24 has taken oil money in Saudi Arabia.

He is established at Red Star FFS and probably playing European football every season. As long as our players continue to be lured by the ME / China our national team will suffer.
Reminds me of Sainsbury. He was actually progressing really well when he was at Zwolle. One more season of strong performances would've seen him move to PSV earlier or a mid-table Bundesliga club. Instead, he opted for money in China and it set him back a few seasons. He's at PSV now but not seeing any game time whereas, if he persisted longer in the Netherlands the first time, he probably would be.

I can see a similar case with Degenek. Was one of Red Star's best in the CL game against Liverpool and could've persisted a bit longer to go to a bigger club if he kept his performances up. The Saudi league would have bigger wages but it's not like he'd have been living off stale bread and water at Red Star either. Money talks but it's disappointing that players are opting for it over their career progression.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Do we know whether it was all him or did Red Star actively try to get rid of him ??

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Just read that the saudi club bought out his release clause, an that Degenek supported Red Star Belgrade as a kid. So he left the club he supported as a kid for $$

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Just read that the saudi club bought out his release clause, an that Degenek supported Red Star Belgrade as a kid. So he left the club he supported as a kid for $$
They bought out his release clause, Red Star are equally culpable of taking the money.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
They bought out his release clause, Red Star are equally culpable of taking the money.

Red star have no choice that's a ******* release clause? That's inserted by Degeneks manager. Degenek is 100% culpable for ruining his career

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Red star have no choice that's a ******* release clause? That's inserted by Degeneks manager. Degenek is 100% culpable for ruining his career
Ruining his career LOL

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Name a single player who left a champions league club and went to Saudi Arabia and became a better player

Name 1
I dont care.

The guy goes there for 2 years, makes his money and plays in Europe again.

FWIW Oscar has done himself no harm in China.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Mark Milligan :)

European champions league.
I dont care.

The guy goes there for 2 years, makes his money and plays in Europe again.

FWIW Oscar has done himself no harm in China.

That's just proof of my argument. Plays in Europe again? Look what happened to Sainsbury, there's a very real chance he's lost his chance to play in the champions league for ever.

Oscar went from being a national team regular to not even making the world cup squad.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
European champions league.

That's just proof of my argument. Plays in Europe again? Look what happened to Sainsbury, there's a very real chance he's lost his chance to play in the champions league for ever.

Oscar went from being a national team regular to not even making the world cup squad.
And yet his Brazilian teammate in China played in it and Oscar had the better season.

Players play for money all the time, I don't understand the fuss you are making.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
And yet his Brazilian teammate in China played in it and Oscar had the better season.

Players play for money all the time, I don't understand the fuss you are making.

Because our national team is the worst it's been in 30 years, we can't afford our starting CB to chase cash at 24

Back