Socceroos (Graham Arnold and) The Socceroos Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GOALden Hawk

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
4 games to played in Kuwait, we’ve been stiffed given we’ve only played 1 home game out of 4 so far.

Not to mention it was between 41 and 46 degrees every day in June last year in Kuwait!

Guess the FFA will just blame the quarantine laws. But looking forward to seeing us play again, surely we do enough to get through to the next stage, whatever that looks like.

Munga

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw the first half, very good. Although Leckie blew a bunch of chances. We looked organised like the guys have been gelling for a while.

gaskin

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
F*** Alabama
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Didn't even know it was on, TBH. They haven't really been advertising these games that well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jhong

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Meh , at this point , its about pts . Save your diving shit for when it really counts . Boyle didn't need to go down , he shouldn't have , just hope the refs don't remember when it means something.

AJ_2000

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
1st phase is wrapped up. Glad to beat Jordan and go 8 wins straight. Also keeps them out of the next round, they're always giving us trouble!

We now wait the draw for the final group stage.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Looks like we'll be in pot 2 with South Korea for the draw of the next round so at least we'll avoid them. These are the other pots and I've bolded who I think we'd want ideally for our group:

Pot 1: Japan & Iran
Pot 3: Saudi Arabia & Iraq
Pot 4: UAE & China
Pot 5: Syria & Oman
Pot 6: Vietnam & Lebanon

I don't know how it's going to work in terms of playing home games given I doubt the AFC organise hubs again for this next round. We're in a bit of trouble if we can't play games at home due to quarantine.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
As long as we avoid Japan and Korea we should be sweet.
Should be but Saudi Arabia finished above us in 2018 qualifying and we only just got past Syria in the playoff. Add that to the fact UAE beat us in the quarters of the Asian Cup and I'm not sure we're good enough to be considered heavy favourites against these teams anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad