Socceroos (Graham Arnold and) The Socceroos Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all
Pointing out this teams is no worse than what we have had over the past decade or so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's just as bad as every team since the golden generation retired, but much worse because of no Cahill and Jedinak. This team is at its lowest point in at least 30 years.

Our definitions of world class are very different then. World class is for the absolutely elite talents who could start at just about any top team IMO.

I think Kewell maybe could have got there with better luck with injuries and I absolutely adored Viduka but there were plenty of elite forwards in his era who were better.

The others were nowhere near it.
Kewell was world class, at his best there were few left wingers who were better.

Dukes maybe not, but he was VERY VERY good.

So we drove Ange out of town for this? Not surprising considering it's the FFA. Interesting to see who the first journo is to poke their head up and have a crack. Sure as hell wont be anyone from Fox Sports, especially that snake Slater.

Regardless of injuries our game plan was terrible, team selection dumbfounding and the only real positive to come from it was that Grant looked brilliant (not sure wtf is going on there), Mabil looks promising and it we wont have to worry about sweating our balls off in Qatar in a few years time.

Lol.

Will be even more amusing when we get the supposed dream of an overseas coach and he is no better.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He would have to be pretty bad to be no better.

Arnie is a club coach, where he can get the players in that he wants and has full control over systems and structures.

He failed in 2007 with the most talented squad in Australian history, he failed again this time however he wasnt dealt a good hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a fool if he gets that. Leaves Australia, as a coward and demonstrating he’s not right for international football. Goes to Hibernian, and probably find it tough and in the end get the sack?
Returns to Sydney, wins another championship and gets another crack at the national team in 2026. FFA logic.

Anyone who drops Mabil and brings in Kruse based on their form deserves the sack. Cannot fathom that decision making process ...Kruse is the Mitch Marsh of football
I believe Mabil was left on the bench because he wasnt sure he could play the full 90, after the passing of his sister.

I believe Mabil was left on the bench because he wasnt sure he could play the full 90, after the passing of his sister.
Strange to be available but not start but I'm not in that position. Despite this, Kruse is not the answer anymore. Whatever happens now, he must go. 70+ appearances for a handful of goals. Rebuild should have happened by now but no better time to start than asap...

Anyone who drops Mabil and brings in Kruse based on their form deserves the sack. Cannot fathom that decision making process ...Kruse is the Mitch Marsh of football
Mabil’s sister had just passed and Kruse played well. Not sure what Arnold did wrong there.

The sister news escaped me (didn't see the game live) but Kruse has 5 goals in 75 games. He is not the answer to continuously call up. If we ever want to get better we have to move on from mediocrity
Don’t disagree mate but Kruse played well in the last game.

World cup qualifiers start possibly September for us. If it follows a similar format to the most recent edition, we'll be playing three minnows and one decent team. 7 months to assemble something respectable. I fear the Socceroos may miss 2022, especially if we're grouped with a a few middle eastern teams at some point. Given quite a lot of this generation has only known Australia to make World cups, it'll be interesting to see the reaction if they fail to qualify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back