Graham Cornes: Bruce Francis’ dogged fight to clear the names of the Essendon 34

Remove this Banner Ad

The absolute bottom line is in order to "clear" the 34 players, someone needs to start telling the truth. As there are self-interests in need of protection, that will never happen and the players will remain guilty as charged. The players are bottom rung on the priorities ladder. Bruce Francis doesn't seem to realise it, but he's gunning for the wrong people.

Last edited:

The absolute bottom line is in order to "clear" the 34 players, someone needs to start telling the truth. As there are self-interests in need of protection, that will never happen and the players will remain guilty as charged. The players are bottom rung on the priorities ladder. Bruce Francis doesn't seem to realise it, but he's gunning for the wrong people.

I'm not sure anything would come out that exonerates the players, but there's almost certainly a few people that have gotten off with minimal repercussions from the whole exercise.

There's little appetite amongst those who know anything to come clean, and aside from most Essendon supporters, I can't see too many supporters of other teams wanting Melbourne, Gold Coast or Geelong investigated properly.

That was Scott Muller.

Yep. Muller was dire, but BF was putrid.

Our absolute worst is the Hollow Man who has the worst average of a Number 6 to have played 30+ Tests. Identity = Mitch Marsh.

Absolutley, but in my opinion they don't want the truth to come out.
Lets also not forget that rent a quote Obese Andy has been very quiet on the whole affair.
It is my opinion that Obese Andy tipped the bombers off that the testers were in town or he told someone to tell them
If they had nothing to hide why did they destroy all the evidence of the substances that were injected into them?

One of the most farcical aspects of it all is the whole "Zaharakis didn't get injected because he didn't like needles."

As opposed to every other player who does like them? Lol.
Fremantle gonna get on the good stuff, when John Worsfold starts working alongside Longmuir, he is a Chemist afterall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back